Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 233362 times)

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #850 on: August 18, 2014, 01:11:43 PM »
god damnit

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 18, 2014, 01:17:26 PM »
Not satisfied with the Ferguson/St. Louis cops coming off horribly every time they speak, Benjamin Crump and crew set out to one-up them.

Benjamin Crump is just another opportunist.

Is every single n-word who doesn't fall in line with Limbaugh/Fox News an opportunists? Jesus rough ridin' Christ this crap gets old. This is blatant racism but if you call a spade a spade people get all offended and use terms like race card. eff off.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 18, 2014, 01:21:40 PM »
I have a feeling that this story is going to start swinging towards the cop's side soon showing Brown as a dangerous "thug" who "threatened" the officer's safety. The officer will not be charged, and there will be a crap show of epic proportions nationally. This thing is just getting started.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 18, 2014, 01:22:03 PM »
If none of the bullet wounds are in the back, then basically none of the witness testimony that has come forth thus far has been credible. I would lean toward not charging the cop.

The forensic evidence doesn't mesh with what the cops leaked either about a struggle at the car. If Brown was at the car the entire time how in the hell was he shot six times? Was there a struggle at the car, then Brown saw the gun and then ran away, then ran back with a weapon trained at him? How much contradictory crap do we have to see before conclusion jumping stops?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 18, 2014, 01:29:45 PM »
I have a feeling that this story is going to start swinging towards the cop's side soon showing Brown as a dangerous "thug" who "threatened" the officer's safety. The officer will not be charged, and there will be a crap show of epic proportions nationally. This thing is just getting started.

There were plenty of people like K-S-U-Wildcats! who thought that before there was any video, released police report, or report of weed in his system. A drudge report about weed in his system isn't going to change anyone's mind. If you think having weed in his system has any significance its safe to say that your mind was already made up about the type of person Brown was. Dude, there are still lots of people who feel that George Zimmerman was right to feel threatened by Trayvon Martin.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: August 18, 2014, 01:38:30 PM »
invention to fix american police that i am now patenting:

cops dont want to have full time body cams or dash cams because they think it hinders there ability to network with their neighborhoods and do police stuff properly.

i propose a camera mounted to their guns that begins recording video and sound when their guns are drawn. the gun's-eye view will give instant feedback as to whether a shooting is justified or not. this tech should be pretty easy to implement and should be mandatory. much better than a dash or shoulder cam that must record constantly and have a good chance of being pointed away from the action.

this post is legally me patenting this idea. lawyer mods will confirm.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 18, 2014, 01:39:30 PM »
Why does not being shot in the back prove that he wasn't facing away from the officer when he was shot?

Forensic pathologist Shawn Parcells, who assisted former New York City chief medical examiner Dr. Michael Baden during the autopsy, said a bullet graze wound on Brown's right arm could have occurred in several ways. The teen may have had his back to the shooter, or he could have been facing the shooter with his hands above his head or in a defensive position across his face or chest, Parcells said.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 18, 2014, 01:46:12 PM »
might have been posted already but here's a q&a the witness did with local media

http://www.scribd.com/doc/236754541/Dorian-Johnson-Q-A

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 18, 2014, 01:57:43 PM »

There were plenty of people like K-S-U-Wildcats! who thought that before there was any video, released police report, or report of weed in his system. A drudge report about weed in his system isn't going to change anyone's mind. If you think having weed in his system has any significance its safe to say that your mind was already made up about the type of person Brown was. Dude, there are still lots of people who feel that George Zimmerman was right to feel threatened by Trayvon Martin.

That's gold coming from you  :lol:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 18, 2014, 02:02:20 PM »

I don't think the weed in his system had any significance. I think just walking into a store and robbing it in broad daylight made my mind up on the type of person Brown was.  Still doesn't justify being executed but I can't say that this Johnson kid would be the most reliable and trustworthy witness either.  Someone is full of crap here...  There is likely some truth to both sides of the story but I'm not sure anything short of a major prison stint for this cop is going to keep major riots from erupting. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 18, 2014, 02:16:34 PM »
Not satisfied with the Ferguson/St. Louis cops coming off horribly every time they speak, Benjamin Crump and crew set out to one-up them.

Is every single ****** who doesn't fall in line with Limbaugh/Fox News an opportunists? Jesus rough ridin' Christ this crap gets old. This is blatant racism but if you call a spade a spade people get all offended and use terms like race card. eff off.

Coming from the man who bleats racism. Just really, really terrible MIR.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 18, 2014, 02:20:35 PM »
Why does not being shot in the back prove that he wasn't facing away from the officer when he was shot?

Forensic pathologist Shawn Parcells, who assisted former New York City chief medical examiner Dr. Michael Baden during the autopsy, said a bullet graze wound on Brown's right arm could have occurred in several ways. The teen may have had his back to the shooter, or he could have been facing the shooter with his hands above his head or in a defensive position across his face or chest, Parcells said.

It doesn't prove that he wasn't facing away, but it doesn't prove that he was, either. It's going to make a murder conviction very difficult to come by because the forensic evidence is going to support whatever story the officer comes forward with, and the key witness was a party to an assault and robbery with the victim just 10 minutes earlier.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 18, 2014, 02:23:52 PM »
A new Pew Research Center poll shows many more African Americans than whites say:

The shooting of an unarmed black teenager Michael Brown by a white police officer "raises important issues about race" (80 percent of blacks and 37 percent of whites)
    The police response to the shooting has gone too far (65 percent black, 33 percent white)
    They have no or not much confidence in the investigation into the shooting (76 percent black, 33 percent white)

wow, white people.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/08/18/racial-reactions-to-ferguson-even-stronger-than-to-trayvon-martin/

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 18, 2014, 02:32:05 PM »

So I made up my mind before the evidence started coming out? Maybe go back and re-read my posts in this thread. Never mind - you're too busy tossing around the n-word while accusing other people of bigotry.

You're clearly emotional and not thinking rationally about this, but I'll give it another shot. The question is whether the officer had a reasonable belief of eminent death or serious bodily harm when he shot Brown. We don't have video of the fight, so we look to other evidence.

In the minutes just prior to the shooting, Brown (1) stole a box of cigars from a convenience store in broad daylight, (2) attacked the store owner, (3) rather than fleeing after his robbery, casually walked down the middle of the street with his friend, (4) refused to comply with a police officer's command that he get on the sidewalk, saying words to the effect of "no, I'm also to where I'm going," and (5) likely assaulted the officer in his car. These are not the actions of a rational, peaceful person, and now we learn that he was indeed intoxicated.

These are not attempts to assassinate his character - they provide an indication that he was the aggressor, and provide some support to the cop's "he made a run at me" story (if that's what it is). Meanwhile, the frontal wounds noted in autopsy also call into question the eyewitness testimony that Brown was shot in the back while running away from the officer.

This is all stuff to be taken into account.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 18, 2014, 02:36:06 PM »
A new Pew Research Center poll shows many more African Americans than whites say:

The shooting of an unarmed black teenager Michael Brown by a white police officer "raises important issues about race" (80 percent of blacks and 37 percent of whites)
    The police response to the shooting has gone too far (65 percent black, 33 percent white)
    They have no or not much confidence in the investigation into the shooting (76 percent black, 33 percent white)

wow, white people.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/08/18/racial-reactions-to-ferguson-even-stronger-than-to-trayvon-martin/

:sdeek:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 18, 2014, 02:36:37 PM »
The forensic evidence doesn't mesh with what the cops leaked either about a struggle at the car. If Brown was at the car the entire time how in the hell was he shot six times?

I don't think the cops contend, or have ever contended, that Brown was at the car the entire time. I think you may be confused.

Was there a struggle at the car, then Brown saw the gun and then ran away, then ran back with a weapon trained at him? How much contradictory crap do we have to see before conclusion jumping stops?

Maybe. You're the one jumping to conclusions - you reached a conclusion that Brown was just a black man "hunted down in the street" from the get go. Some of us just want more information.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 18, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »
I think everyone should be able to agree that congress needs to pass a law requiring all law enforcement to install dash cams on their vehicles.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 18, 2014, 02:43:12 PM »

wow, white people.

Interesting how nearly the same exact percentage of blacks agree with the first and third propositions, but only 65% agree that the "police have gone too far in response to the shooting." It's especially interesting because the question is so horribly loaded - the police weren't responding to the shooting, but to the looting and rioting that ensued.

Also interesting that nearly 80% of blacks believe there will not be a sufficient investigation into the shooting, despite Eric Holder's DoJ stepping in and the assignment of 40 FBI agents to the case. 40.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 18, 2014, 02:44:28 PM »
40? :opcat:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 18, 2014, 02:45:30 PM »

wow, white people.

Interesting how nearly the same exact percentage of blacks agree with the first and third propositions, but only 65% agree that the "police have gone too far in response to the shooting." It's especially interesting because the question is so horribly loaded - the police weren't responding to the shooting, but to the looting and rioting that ensued.

Also interesting that nearly 80% of blacks believe there will not be a sufficient investigation into the shooting, despite Eric Holder's DoJ stepping in and the assignment of 40 FBI agents to the case. 40.

whites were consistent

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: August 18, 2014, 02:46:18 PM »
It is premature to assert that he was intoxicated.  We don't know that yet.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 18, 2014, 02:49:46 PM »
Mods, put the same poll up here on gE.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 18, 2014, 03:09:32 PM »
Also very Reefer Madness-esque to suggest that pot made him violent.
:adios:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 18, 2014, 03:14:33 PM »
Also very Reefer Madness-esque to suggest that pot made him violent.

On the contrary, it was the lack of pot that made him violent.  He had just stolen those blunt sticks and was on his way to go roll a :fatty:.  He was jonesin.  Nothing was going to stand in his way - laws, morality, police - nothing.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 18, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »

Is every single n-word who doesn't fall in line with Limbaugh/Fox News an opportunists? Jesus rough ridin' Christ this crap gets old. This is blatant racism but if you call a spade a spade people get all offended and use terms like race card. eff off.

:lol:
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.