Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 235503 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #700 on: August 16, 2014, 05:19:17 PM »
Is this ednksu guy for real, bruhs?

He is just obviously close to a cop or something and has lost all ability to comprehend any situation in which the cop was in the wrong when shooting an unarmed teenager.
sooo wanting more info (really any info) before convicting this cop means I'm bias?  Tell me how many punches need to be landed before a cop can use force of any kind?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 16, 2014, 05:36:32 PM »
A piece with a very interesting account of the racial issues in the area, enhancement, and expression of frustration.
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/119106/ferguson-missouris-complicated-history-poverty-and-racial-tension
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 16, 2014, 05:54:52 PM »

He is just obviously close to a cop or something and has lost all ability to comprehend any situation in which the cop was in the wrong when shooting an unarmed teenager.
sooo wanting more info (really any info) before convicting this cop means I'm bias?  Tell me how many punches need to be landed before a cop can use force of any kind?

1.  None of us can convict the cop so don't act like we are making life or death calls on here

2.  No one said anywhere police can't protect themselves so that poorly stated portion of your post can be ignored.  Just how much force needs to be used as the kid runs the other direction?  Hint:  its not deadly force

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 16, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
Curfew outta work great

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 16, 2014, 06:01:06 PM »

:dunno:

No, everyone will remember ednksu's dumbassery in this thread every time he posts in another thread. Best for him to just delete his account and start over.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: August 16, 2014, 06:10:49 PM »

1.  None of us can convict the cop so don't act like we are making life or death calls on here

2.  No one said anywhere police can't protect themselves so that poorly stated portion of your post can be ignored.  Just how much force needs to be used as the kid runs the other direction?  Hint:  its not deadly force
1)  oh I was under the impression that goEMAW was the arbiter of guilt and innocence.  Or I was poking at the absurdity of people debating betweeen the various manslaughters  and murder charges which this cop would surely be convicted of before seeing ANY credible evidence.  Really settle down with the parochial words of caution since I think most people realize we're just discussing things, although some could use a bit more perspective when advocating their side. 

2)  my point here is that this story has seen a dramatic change in a very short time.  Instead of backing off the choir boy routine people are doubling down on the over use of force instead of focusing on the SES issues in this community and the number of negative police interactions after the shooting.  These are the real issues in this story, for me, at this point.  Because we cannot know how justified the use of force was until we have evidence rather than conjecture.  Ill try to make these points a bit more clearly instead of my obviously facetious posting.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 16, 2014, 06:14:37 PM »
Find the word choirboy anywhere in this thread

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 16, 2014, 06:17:43 PM »
you'll only find that phrase from me.  But id be willing to bet many have talked about brown being an unarmed youth who was only trying to surrender for his j walking ticket when he was viciously gunned down.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 16, 2014, 06:20:01 PM »
you'll only find that phrase from me.  But id be willing to bet many have talked about brown being an unarmed youth who was only trying to surrender for his j walking ticket when he was viciously gunned down.

Son of a bitch may have stole some cigars too!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 16, 2014, 06:22:59 PM »

only a rube takes that stance.  Be better than that.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 16, 2014, 06:23:49 PM »

After your jaywalking quip I thought it was time to say dumb crap

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 16, 2014, 06:25:19 PM »
How about you just wait til all the facts come out then, edn? Come back and post in here when they do...

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 16, 2014, 06:26:05 PM »

obviously facetious posts versus real posts, be better in rasing the discourses.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 16, 2014, 06:27:06 PM »

obviously facetious posts versus real posts, be better in rasing the discourses.

:facepalm:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 16, 2014, 06:28:51 PM »
Call people out for rough ridin' around.  Wait for legit reponse and eff around....

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 16, 2014, 06:33:16 PM »
Call people out for rough ridin' around.  Wait for legit reponse and eff around....

Going to need more information

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 16, 2014, 06:43:34 PM »
Did you read my last article?  If you haven't you should.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 16, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »
crap gonna go down again tonight?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 16, 2014, 07:03:48 PM »
How about you just wait til all the facts come out then, edn? Come back and post in here when they do...
:frown: I rather enjoyed your comments last night, especially since you weren't rushing to judgement.

Plus I hate  :impatient:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 16, 2014, 07:15:22 PM »

Just did.  Well written but not sure what the takeaway is.  There are Fergusons in every major metro in America.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: August 16, 2014, 07:39:49 PM »

Just did.  Well written but not sure what the takeaway is.  There are Fergusons in every major metro in America.
First I would say that not everyone is that well educated.  People miss the SES situation that many urban youths face.  I would also note the suspicion which the one woman approached a benevolent candidate.  One thing which stuck out to me is how living memories are working in towns like this.  Where a generation or two older looks at the white middle class families that stayed with caution.  Its an interesting dichotomy.  One parallel which sparked in my head was Hurricane Katrina and the rumors that the gov had flooded the lower wards intentionally because those rumors were built on living memories of the government flooding the lower wards in previous emergencies to save the white/affluent parts of town.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 16, 2014, 07:43:56 PM »
:frown: I rather enjoyed your comments last night, especially since you weren't rushing to judgement.

Plus I hate  :impatient:

And I think most people itt have views similar to mine on the situation. I think most are past the burglary, so you can throw that out if you want to continue itt. Most agree there was an altercation. Most agree Brown assaulted the police officer and that the officer responded in kind or vice versa depending upon who started it. Most are ok with the officer shooting him once, which is what the police are saying happened at close range. Brown is still alive. I THINK most agree with this or are ok with this scenario. Where it changes is the shots fired after and the events that lead to it. I'll let others speak for themselves.

I feel that there was no reason for additional gun fire. "I don't fault him for that initial shot." Of course I will change my mind if evidence shows that the cop started the physical interaction.

The officer killed a guy guilty of stealing cigars and assaulting a police officer (I don't give five fucks about the law, the cop is a man is a man). So the officer killed a guy that stole cigars, pushed someone, and beat him up. As a man, I can't fathom any of that as evidence to shoot someone til they are dead. It takes someone with an inferiority complex or someone who feels they are responsible for carrying out justice on their own. His job is to arrest and submit evidence. The DA, etc, is responsible for justice.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 16, 2014, 07:48:54 PM »
Also the amount of shots fired (more than 1 that land) leads me to believe that the cop was one or all of these: a giant bad person dick, a man who had his pride ruined, and a man with thoughts of carrying out justice on his own.

The cops own story involves a shot at close range and more at 35 feet. That's all I need to know.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 16, 2014, 07:57:24 PM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 16, 2014, 08:21:29 PM »
 :emawkid:
Also the amount of shots fired (more than 1 that land) leads me to believe that the cop was one or all of these: a giant bad person dick, a man who had his pride ruined, and a man with thoughts of carrying out justice on his own.

The cops own story involves a shot at close range and more at 35 feet. That's all I need to know.
I have issue with people complaining about shots fired in many cases.   Ive offered to let people shoot my weapons to just to see how quickly 8 rounds can be fired.  Most radically underestimate it.  I  my issue here is out of being a bit of a responsible gun advocate. 

To the majority of your last two posts, I've tried to reserve judgement on the overshoot issue, hits front or back, etc till we get official word.  I mean its a night and day difference between the alleged cop's account and the witness accounts, honestly the difference between a legitimate taking of life and something much more nefarious.  You've presented your views succinctly with honest opinion without the hyperbole of others and I appreciate that.