Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 237126 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #675 on: August 16, 2014, 02:27:55 PM »
So how many of the wounds were in the back?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 16, 2014, 02:28:47 PM »
All of them minus the head shot /trim
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 16, 2014, 02:29:07 PM »
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/16/nfl-player-david-bass-ferguson-racial-profiling/

this is a great read.

and i think it speaks volumes that the cop apparently did not consider them suspects when he ordered them onto the sidewalk. it seems like basic profiling and bullying imo. i worked and coached in kck schools for 5 years and in low income areas it's beyond commonplace for people of all ages, especially kids, to walk in the street.

No offense j-dubfriend, but that's just stupid. Walking in the street is a safety issue. Telling a kid to get on the sidewalk (one of my only "run in's" with police was for something similar) isn't profiling in the least, no matter how common the practice might be in certain areas.

it wasn't that he told them to get on the sidewalk, it was the manner in which he did it..

Yeah, maybe he could have asked pretty please, but saying "get the eff on the sidewalk" doesn't seem that terrible to me, and I could easily see a cop saying the same to me. That's a police culture problem, not a profiling issue. Attributing things like that to profiling undermines when actual profiling occurs (like the article you shared)

cops in leawood aren't going to be telling blue valley kids to "get the eff on the sidewalk"...

perhaps i shouldn't have used the word "profiling" in that case. but just as in the article, the same attitude toward black youth was present.

Correct, they wouldn't be saying it to kids of any color in leawood.  Leawood has a much different police culture than say kck. Some of that can be attributed to the horrible crap lower income areas see everyday compared to the leawoods. Kck cops are jaded, leawood cops are bored.

Unfortunately in too many neighborhoods there is a viscous cycle of fear and stereotyping between police forces and the communities they are supposed to protect. Add some poor leadership to those police forces and a few really bad (or corrupted) officers and it becomes a ticking time bomb for just what we've seen this past week. Then when something bad does happen, the first reaction from the police is some sort of poorly communicated attempt at self preservation which only makes things worse.

Very well stated
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 16, 2014, 02:32:17 PM »

I'll convict Wilson off that

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 16, 2014, 02:34:52 PM »

I thought we had moved on to sentencing already? 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 16, 2014, 02:36:51 PM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 16, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »
My feelz tell me Trim should seek to be legal council for ISIS.  It really is the best way to ensure law and order.....mmmmmm feeeeelllllzzzzzz

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 16, 2014, 02:41:54 PM »
My feelz tell me Trim should seek to be legal council for ISIS.  It really is the best way to ensure law and order.....mmmmmm feeeeelllllzzzzzz

It's counsel, Joe Davis.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 16, 2014, 02:43:49 PM »

It's counsel, Joe Davis.
oh no my entire point is invalidated!!!!  :sdeek:  you're so tricky with your legal technicalities.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 16, 2014, 02:45:02 PM »
the live tweeting neighbor said 2 shots as he was running away and 7 after he turned with his hands up if i remember correctly.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 16, 2014, 02:45:18 PM »

Sentencing will be handled in St. Louis county lockup

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 16, 2014, 02:49:21 PM »
the live tweeting neighbor said 2 shots as he was running away and 7 after he turned with his hands up if i remember correctly.
which lines up pretty well with the officer's reported side of the story.  Shot(s), guy runs, is ordered to stop, turns and goes at the cop. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 16, 2014, 02:49:53 PM »
Has the long cut of the surveillance video been posted?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbsiFFPPdW4&feature=youtu.be

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 16, 2014, 02:54:22 PM »
So he shot him twice in the back.  Will he actually try a self defense theory?  I guess he has to

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 16, 2014, 02:55:48 PM »

I heard OBAMA was forcing a change of venue to Compton to ensure a fair sentencing.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: August 16, 2014, 02:57:29 PM »

I heard OBAMA was forcing a change of venue to Compton to ensure a fair sentencing.

Man, Obama is a huge stud

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 16, 2014, 03:19:37 PM »
which lines up pretty well with the officer's reported side of the story.  Shot(s), guy runs, is ordered to stop, turns and goes at the cop.

um. no.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 16, 2014, 03:22:44 PM »
I will absolutely laugh in anyone's face that suggests a kid who is shot at while running away is going to turn around and go after the shooter
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 16, 2014, 03:33:18 PM »

um. no.
oh sorry, we inly believe the assistant to the robbery.  My bad.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 16, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »
Is this ednksu guy for real, bruhs?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 16, 2014, 03:38:01 PM »
for reals that this cop shot Brown 37 times in the back +1 head shot while he was kneeling, yeah totally.  Twitter said so.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 16, 2014, 03:57:35 PM »
Always thought Edna was an ultra liberal piece of crap, to find out he is also a bloodthirsty piece of crap is kind of disappointing, but dax and K-S-U! have to feel like kings now
:adios:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 16, 2014, 03:57:47 PM »

He is just obviously close to a cop or something and has lost all ability to comprehend any situation in which the cop was in the wrong when shooting an unarmed teenager.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 16, 2014, 04:08:25 PM »
Always thought Edna was an ultra liberal piece of crap, to find out he is also a bloodthirsty piece of crap is kind of disappointing, but dax and K-S-U! have to feel like kings now

Huh. I think I've been pretty fair to Brown / skeptical of the officer's shooting in this thread. I'd like to see more evidence before convicting the guy, but I'm skeptical.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 16, 2014, 04:10:06 PM »

Huh. I think I've been pretty fair to Brown / skeptical of the officer's shooting in this thread. I'd like to see more evidence before convicting the guy, but I'm skeptical.
You're very good/consistent. I just meant typical Pit enemies...
:adios: