Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 235532 times)

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #650 on: August 16, 2014, 09:21:02 AM »
Welp, it wasn't heinballz, but that should do it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 16, 2014, 09:24:49 AM »
General question here, if i wrestle for a cops gun in his car and then get spooked and run away while he shouts stop or i'll shoot, am I good to go?

Nope, you get death by firing squad in the street.

Yes, we should let anyone eff with law enforcement however they want with no reprocussions whatsoever.  You know you're a major contributer to society when the only thing you have to do all day is light buildings on fire and loot neighborhood stores.  Personally I think they should just open fire and get rid of some more worthless rough ridin' mouthbreathers.

Are you responding to my post?  Because you can't read if so.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 16, 2014, 09:42:16 AM »
The cop is doing time and I'll bet he enters a plea.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 16, 2014, 11:20:57 AM »
General question here, if i wrestle for a cops gun in his car and then get spooked and run away while he shouts stop or i'll shoot, am I good to go?

Nope, you get death by firing squad in the street.

Yes, we should let anyone eff with law enforcement however they want with no reprocussions whatsoever.  You know you're a major contributer to society when the only thing you have to do all day is light buildings on fire and loot neighborhood stores.  Personally I think they should just open fire and get rid of some more worthless rough ridin' mouthbreathers.
You're either an awful Kim carnes wannabe or you are as awful a person as you are a Royals fan
:adios:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #654 on: August 16, 2014, 11:45:09 AM »
By the end of this the "peaceful protestors" will have vindicated/validated the actions of the Ferguson PD
 Pathetic.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 16, 2014, 12:05:51 PM »
By the end of this the "peaceful protestors" will have vindicated/validated the actions of the Ferguson PD
 Pathetic.

How do you vindicate murder?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #656 on: August 16, 2014, 12:30:53 PM »
 Pathetic.

How do you vindicate murder?

I was referring to the "martial law".
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 16, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »
Chicken v egg IMO
:adios:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 16, 2014, 12:52:25 PM »
I don't understand why these huge stud cops who like to play army don't stop the looting?

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 16, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/16/nfl-player-david-bass-ferguson-racial-profiling/

this is a great read.

and i think it speaks volumes that the cop apparently did not consider them suspects when he ordered them onto the sidewalk. it seems like basic profiling and bullying imo. i worked and coached in kck schools for 5 years and in low income areas it's beyond commonplace for people of all ages, especially kids, to walk in the street.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 16, 2014, 01:19:18 PM »

this is a great read.

and i think it speaks volumes that the cop apparently did not consider them suspects when he ordered them onto the sidewalk. it seems like basic profiling and bullying imo. i worked and coached in kck schools for 5 years and in low income areas it's beyond commonplace for people of all ages, especially kids, to walk in the street.

No offense j-dubfriend, but that's just stupid. Walking in the street is a safety issue. Telling a kid to get on the sidewalk (one of my only "run in's" with police was for something similar) isn't profiling in the least, no matter how common the practice might be in certain areas.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 16, 2014, 01:29:43 PM »

this is a great read.

No offense j-dubfriend, but that's just stupid. Walking in the street is a safety issue. Telling a kid to get on the sidewalk (one of my only "run in's" with police was for something similar) isn't profiling in the least, no matter how common the practice might be in certain areas.

it wasn't that he told them to get on the sidewalk, it was the manner in which he did it..

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 16, 2014, 01:47:08 PM »

this is a great read.

it wasn't that he told them to get on the sidewalk, it was the manner in which he did it..

Yeah, maybe he could have asked pretty please, but saying "get the eff on the sidewalk" doesn't seem that terrible to me, and I could easily see a cop saying the same to me. That's a police culture problem, not a profiling issue. Attributing things like that to profiling undermines when actual profiling occurs (like the article you shared)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 16, 2014, 01:48:36 PM »
What a clusterfuck this is gonna be.

Wilson has been on paid administrative leave since the shooting. St. Louis County prosecutor Bob McCulloch said it could be weeks before the investigation wraps up.

St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley asked Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster on Friday to take over the case, saying he did not believe McCulloch could be objective. Koster said Missouri law does not allow it unless McCulloch opts out, and McCulloch spokesman Ed Magee said the prosecutor has no plans to surrender the case.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article1238184.html#storylink=cpy

Dooley seeks special prosecutor in Ferguson case

St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley will lead an effort to appoint a special prosecutor to handle the case involving an officer who shot unarmed teenager Michael Brown.

Dooley spoke with Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster today and asked the process to remove St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch from the case. Tension has mounted over the county's handling of the situation. McCulloch fought back on Thursday, criticizing a state effort that replaced county police handling protests in Ferguson.

"The county executive believes Bob McCulloch is biased and shouldn't handle this case," said Pat Washington, Dooley's spokeswoman.

The process isn't easy. Dooley doesn't have the power to remove McCulloch. Washington said he must obtain signatures and petition a judge for the removal.

Attorney General Chris Koster said Friday that he had received a request from Dooley to assume responsibility for the Ferguson case. But, Koster said, "state law provides no authority for the attorney general or the governor to remove or transfer a criminal case from an elected county prosecutor."

By law, a court can appoint a special prosecutor when the county prosecutor is related to the defendant or has another conflict of interest, such as by having represented someone involved in the case.

A prosecutor also can ask the state for help handling the case. The governor then could appoint the attorney general to provide investigative and prosecutorial assistance. But the local prosecutor would retain decision-making authority over the case, Koster said.

Dooley and McCulloch have been at odds. McCulloch pulled his support for Dooley's re-election effort last year and campaigned heavily for his opponent, Steve Stenger. For most of this summer, Stenger ran television ads prominently featuring McCulloch criticizing Dooley's leadership and alleging corruption in the county.

- Nick Pistor and Virginia Young, 2:45 p.m.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/ferguson-officer-stopped-michael-brown-for-walking-in-street-but/article_52c40b84-ad90-5f9a-973c-70d628d0be04.html?mobile_touch=true

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 16, 2014, 02:00:17 PM »
It's pretty amazing that incidents like this aren't handled by different institutions

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 16, 2014, 02:00:28 PM »

this is a great read.

Yeah, maybe he could have asked pretty please, but saying "get the eff on the sidewalk" doesn't seem that terrible to me, and I could easily see a cop saying the same to me. That's a police culture problem, not a profiling issue. Attributing things like that to profiling undermines when actual profiling occurs (like the article you shared)

cops in leawood aren't going to be telling blue valley kids to "get the eff on the sidewalk"...

perhaps i shouldn't have used the word "profiling" in that case. but just as in the article, the same attitude toward black youth was present.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 16, 2014, 02:03:48 PM »
Did anyone hear a friend of the cop tell the cops side of the story on some conservative radio show?

http://danaloeschradio.com/alleged-friend-of-officer-darren-wilson-offers-his-side/

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 16, 2014, 02:05:41 PM »
Ferguson should allocate some of their tank money to having a good post-tank spokesperson.  This is not what this guy went to police academy with tackleberry for.

http://crooksandliars.com/cltv/2014/08/ferguson-police-chief-officers-who

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 16, 2014, 02:10:18 PM »

this is a great read.

cops in leawood aren't going to be telling blue valley kids to "get the eff on the sidewalk"...

perhaps i shouldn't have used the word "profiling" in that case. but just as in the article, the same attitude toward black youth was present.

Correct, they wouldn't be saying it to kids of any color in leawood.  Leawood has a much different police culture than say kck. Some of that can be attributed to the horrible crap lower income areas see everyday compared to the leawoods. Kck cops are jaded, leawood cops are bored.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 16, 2014, 02:21:44 PM »
None of these questions are toward you Trim, 'cuz God knows I don't want Steve dave coming
down on me.

Never heard of you, while edn is 1) the guy I remember as hating Pullen or Beasley or both and 2) this thread.

It sounds like you're asking about the fleeing felon stuff.

Here's the case along with a really brief synopsis.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=471&invol=1

http://www.casebriefs.com/blog/law/criminal-law/criminal-law-keyed-to-lafave/justification-and-excuse/tennessee-v-garner-4/

It's not so much a "capture the bad guy who's running away by shooting him" thing, but a "prevent a known or reasonably believed danger" thing.

So in the scenario that's been presented, with Brown down and defeated and not a danger, and then shot dead, I don't see the fleeing felon concept applying.

Obviously if the facts aren't that, things change.  Realize that the debate about murder and degrees stemmed from RATM saying the presented scenario wouldn't be 1st degree murder and me and others pointing out why it would.  That's been spun to us saying that this is 1st degree murder right now no matter what facts are given to a jury, even though I've made it pretty clear that everything is contingent on what's presented to a jury and how, and that I don't think that will happen sufficiently no matter what the facts actually were.

But for current argument's sake  and the court of public opinion, you can infer a lot from how the Ferguson cops are trying to get over on everyone, as if a bunch of $30K/year cops who've already demonstrated a lot of stupidity are gonna outwit anyone.
Nice cop out since you know you're wrong. Way to catch up a day or two after you've convicted the cop based on accomplice accounts. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 16, 2014, 02:23:59 PM »
 :lol:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 16, 2014, 02:24:07 PM »

this is a great read.

Correct, they wouldn't be saying it to kids of any color in leawood.  Leawood has a much different police culture than say kck. Some of that can be attributed to the horrible crap lower income areas see everyday compared to the leawoods. Kck cops are jaded, leawood cops are bored.

Unfortunately in too many neighborhoods there is a viscous cycle of fear and stereotyping between police forces and the communities they are supposed to protect. Add some poor leadership to those police forces and a few really bad (or corrupted) officers and it becomes a ticking time bomb for just what we've seen this past week. Then when something bad does happen, the first reaction from the police is some sort of poorly communicated attempt at self preservation which only makes things worse.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 16, 2014, 02:26:43 PM »
Hey guys can we get back to the real crime of jaywalking here? 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting