Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 235489 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #500 on: August 15, 2014, 12:27:42 PM »
Has gE closed this case yet, or what?  :impatient:

I'm half way there Spracs. Still waiting for the forensics back from the lab. Hang tight.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 15, 2014, 12:28:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/kyssthis16/status/500303440891744256

:dunno:

:Wha:

Do you honestly believe that wasn't him?
It looks like the same outfit. Yes. I'm more astonished at my ability to have a 1080p video camera for 150 dollars and how cacky that convenience store video is.

Whether it was him or not has no bearing on gunning him down imo.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 15, 2014, 12:31:15 PM »
Brown looks like a stand up human being.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 15, 2014, 12:31:29 PM »

It looks like the same outfit. Yes. I'm more astonished at my ability to have a 1080p video camera for 150 dollars and how cacky that convenience store video is.

I'm more astonished that in a day and age where apparently every Russian has a dashboard cam, some of our cops still don't.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 15, 2014, 12:31:54 PM »

Couldnt agree more, just saying the people trying to say it wasnt him are as biased as the cops. But no matter what we are all biased in a situation like this. No matter what you think, you bring inherent biases into a situation like this.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 15, 2014, 12:49:49 PM »
I think everyone can agree the County/City cops really made this into a bigger mess. I'm not sure if some of these contradictions are real, but damn.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 15, 2014, 12:52:48 PM »
I think everyone can agree the County/City cops really made this into a bigger mess. I'm not sure if some of these contradictions are real, but damn.

Yeah, if anything the packet they handed out simply confirms they're a collection of complete fuckups that should constantly be doubted.

Also, there's this:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/15/the-day-ferguson-cops-were-caught-in-a-bloody-lie.html

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 15, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »

whether or not he was the subject of assault and robbery has no bearing on whether or not he was shot?  Do you understand how violent felonies work?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 15, 2014, 01:01:42 PM »
I couldn't justify this as premeditated murder, regardless of what those statutes say.

Well, it's good you'd be eliminated from the jury with a predetermined position like that. 

Evidence of the cop having Brown in a surrendered state on his knees and with his hands up, and then shooting him until dead would certainly support 1st degree murder.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c500-599/5650000020.htm

I think most juries would give him a not guilty verdict, honestly. At least I am convicting him of something.

^^^ Hero.

I know, right? But seriously, the statute says he has to deliberate upon the matter for it to be first degree murder. A situation like this does not meet that criteria.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 15, 2014, 01:02:25 PM »

whether or not he was the subject of assault and robbery has no bearing on whether or not he was shot?  Do you understand how violent felonies work?

No, I do not believe that the police should be able to gun down a fleeing man regardless of how many people he pushed. No matter how many cigars he stole. Get in your car, follow on foot, whatever you like and arrest him.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: August 15, 2014, 01:04:30 PM »

No, I do not believe that the police should be able to gun down a fleeing man regardless of how many people he pushed. No matter how many cigars he stole. Get in your car, follow on foot, whatever you like and arrest him.

Can you post some details on that info, the whole gunning down a fleeing man? 

Also, cops kinda can shoot you while fleeing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_v._Garner
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 15, 2014, 01:07:29 PM »
There are just an astounding number of conflicting reports, but from what I have gathered, the cop shot him once while he was running away, then he put his hands up and said "I'm unarmed, don't shoot!" before the cop shot him a few more times for good measure.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 15, 2014, 01:12:04 PM »
There are just an astounding number of conflicting reports, but from what I have gathered, the cop shot him once while he was running away, then he put his hands up and said "I'm unarmed, don't shoot!" before the cop shot him a few more times for good measure.
reports from????? The accomplice?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 15, 2014, 01:14:11 PM »

Couldnt agree more, just saying the people trying to say it wasnt him are as biased as the cops. But no matter what we are all biased in a situation like this. No matter what you think, you bring inherent biases into a situation like this.

I can't speak for anyone else but my doubt about whether or not the robber and Brown were the same guy our if the cops thought they were the same guy comes from this, which I'm not sure how you missed.

On Tuesday, Jackson told me #MichaelBrown was not being questioned as a suspect in a crime when he was stopped. So.....yeah....
9:08am - 15 Aug 14

So if they were there and they aren't sure, if it was him, how can you be?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 15, 2014, 01:16:01 PM »

Can you post some details on that info, the whole gunning down a fleeing man? 

Also, cops kinda can shoot you while fleeing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_v._Garner

If he was at the car and then shot at some distance from the car, it's math. I'll as mocat to confirm. That also takes care of that cute link you posted.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 15, 2014, 01:18:01 PM »
reports from????? The accomplice?

Just what I have gathered from various news outlets online. I'm sure some of it is correct and some of it is wrong. There just aren't a lot of details yet, like how many times the kid was shot, whether they were all into the chest or if some shots were into the back, etc. Regardless, the guy was unarmed, and shooting him multiple times is murder. He is clearly guilty of second degree murder.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 15, 2014, 01:18:50 PM »

I can't speak for anyone else but my doubt about whether or not the robber and Brown were the same guy our if the cops thought they were the same guy comes from this, which I'm not sure how you missed.

On Tuesday, Jackson told me #MichaelBrown was not being questioned as a suspect in a crime when he was stopped. So.....yeah....

who is that twitter source?

and lets play with that a little more.  "hey you there stop, you're wanted for robbery!"   or "hey, guys, can I talk to you for a second?  You (insert piddly crime like jaywalking here) back there and just want to talk for a second."

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 15, 2014, 01:22:50 PM »

who is that twitter source?

and lets play with that a little more.  "hey you there stop, you're wanted for robbery!"   or "hey, guys, can I talk to you for a second?  You (insert piddly crime like jaywalking here) back there and just want to talk for a second."
Play it out a little more. I don't want to assume anything.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 15, 2014, 01:57:12 PM »
But seriously, the statute says he has to deliberate upon the matter for it to be first degree murder. A situation like this does not meet that criteria.

You can't see when and where the deliberation happened?

It's boring, but prosecutors always have to explain that deliberation in the statute isn't the deliberation you think of in a lifetime movie, and make sure the jury instructions explain the meaning in the statute.  When done adequately, the jury can understand it.

I got premeditation/deliberation for some point in time between stabbing #1 and stabbing #17, even while acknowledging that the first stabbing wasn't premeditated and that I couldn't say which stabbing was the first premeditated one. 

This shooting, if the facts are given to the jury as you laid them out, is easy. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 15, 2014, 02:07:10 PM »
But seriously, the statute says he has to deliberate upon the matter for it to be first degree murder. A situation like this does not meet that criteria.

You can't see when and where the deliberation happened?

It's boring, but prosecutors always have to explain that deliberation in the statute isn't the deliberation you think of in a lifetime movie, and make sure the jury instructions explain the meaning in the statute.  When done adequately, the jury can understand it.

I got premeditation/deliberation for some point in time between stabbing #1 and stabbing #17, even while acknowledging that the first stabbing wasn't premeditated and that I couldn't say which stabbing was the first premeditated one. 

This shooting, if the facts are given to the jury as you laid them out, is easy.

The police said the suspect was in the hospital receiving treatment for his injuries. If he was beaten up, I think it is somewhat reasonable to believe that he was not in a state of mind to deliberate anything during the short time period in which this happened.

Do you have an example of a killing that would be second degree murder?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 15, 2014, 02:07:42 PM »
Boom. No correlation between the stop and the burglary.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 15, 2014, 02:14:26 PM »

Yea, then why release the info about the burglary today? I cant think of a way the PD hasnt effed this thing up.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 15, 2014, 02:14:45 PM »
Also these questions are idiotic. Jfc media.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 15, 2014, 02:15:35 PM »

Yea, then why release the info about the burglary today? I cant think of a way the PD hasnt effed this thing up.
Because the press kept submitting f.o.i.s?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 15, 2014, 02:15:58 PM »
I don't know. This whole thing is a fiasco.