Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 237433 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #300 on: August 14, 2014, 11:29:15 AM »

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/ard0309st.pdf

more whites get killed than blacks, but not by much
If I'm reading those charts right, there were 98M total arrest, 70% white (68.6M) and 28% black (27.4M). 4813 arrest related deaths, 61.5% by homocide or 2960.

42% of all arrest related deaths were whites and 32% black. Assuming the homocide deaths were proportionately distributed (significant assumption), there were 1243 arrested whites that died by homicide and 1540 blacks.

If I did all the math right:
Out of every 1M whites that were arrested, 1.8 died by homocide.
Out of every 1M blacks that were arrested, 5.6 died by homocide.

No, this isn't right. According to their data, 2,026 whites were killed by homicides during arrests and 1,529 blacks.

However, participation in the survey was voluntary - if I'm reading right, there isn't a requirement for law enforcement agencies to report arrest related deaths to some sort of national database.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 14, 2014, 11:31:58 AM »

If I'm reading those charts right, there were 98M total arrest, 70% white (68.6M) and 28% black (27.4M). 4813 arrest related deaths, 61.5% by homocide or 2960.

42% of all arrest related deaths were whites and 32% black. Assuming the homocide deaths were proportionately distributed (significant assumption), there were 1243 arrested whites that died by homicide and 1540 blacks.

No, this isn't right. According to their data, 2,026 whites were killed by homicides during arrests and 1,529 blacks.

However, participation in the survey was voluntary - if I'm reading right, there isn't a requirement for law enforcement agencies to report arrest related deaths to some sort of national database.
Also now that I check further pretty much none of your maths are right.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 14, 2014, 11:34:09 AM »
Two LOLable reports from Ferguson.
1. This afternoon Ryan Reilly a white reporter from the Huffington Post and Wesley Lowery a black reporter from the Washington Post were working in a McDonald's when Ferguson cops came in riot gear and told them to leave because the area was unsafe. They apparently didn't leave fast enough for the cops so they were attested. Reilly said his head was slammed on the car after his arrest and Lowery said he was told he was resisting and slammed against the soda machine. They were taken to jail. A reporter for the LA Times called the chief of police for Ferguson and told him that the officers just arrested two journalists and the guys were quickly released. Reilly was given an arrest report number but was told no report would be filed.

2. Elizabeth Matthews of KSDK out of St. Louis reported that right before their 10PM news the Ferguson cops shot a tear gas canister at an Al Jeezera TV truck. Her and the two cameramen heard the sound and left their truck to see what was happening, at that point she saw cops in riot gear guns drawn walking towards them. She said put her hands up but one of their tripods was hit with a fired bean bag. She said there were no protesters at their location and the riot cops yelled at them that this is for their own protection.

I thought there were only like 60 cops in Ferguson, are these just the same dozen bad person cops rough ridin' with everyone? If the whole force is like this perhaps the chief should be charged as well when the cop who started this gets his federal charges.

So the Ferguson mayor it's saying that St. Louis County is in charge and not the Ferguson cops.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 14, 2014, 11:36:23 AM »
Wait - were the ranchers looting and burning stores? I did not hear about that.

I think the Ferguson police need to try their best to not harass, detain, or harm the peaceful protestors - but I suspect that's sometimes easier said than done when the vandals and looters are intermixed among the protests. If I were a protestor, I'd probably go down to city hall and protest there - not in the middle of the violence. Seems like a bad to place to be if I don't want to get tear gassed.

They were pointing loaded weapons at law enforcement officers.

Well that's a problem.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 14, 2014, 11:38:01 AM »

men comprised about 76% of reported arrests, they
represented 95% of persons who died during the
process of arrest

Wow! What does this mean!?!?!? Misandry?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 14, 2014, 11:40:11 AM »

I think the Ferguson police need to try their best to not harass, detain, or harm the peaceful protestors - but I suspect that's sometimes easier said than done when the vandals and looters are intermixed among the protests. If I were a protestor, I'd probably go down to city hall and protest there - not in the middle of the violence. Seems like a bad to place to be if I don't want to get tear gassed.

Actually that's what started this whole thing. The police harassing and shooting someone

Right, but let's maybe get all the facts before torching a QT, ok? Sounds like Michael Brown did something really stupid - though that still might not justify him being shot. Again, let's get the facts.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 14, 2014, 11:41:02 AM »
Can you imagine if the Ferguson protestors were carrying guns openly?

The police would go get their tanks and start shooting.

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 14, 2014, 11:45:29 AM »
Pretty well f'd that up.

2026 whites died by homocide out of 68.6M arrests, or 2.95 per 100k
1529 blacks died by homocide out of 27.4 M arrests, or 5.57 per 100k

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 14, 2014, 11:48:02 AM »
As a group, arrest-related decedents tended to be older than the arrest
population. Those under the age of 25 accounted for
45% of reported arrests but less than a quarter (22%) of
arrest-related deaths.

Wow! what does this mean?  Ageism?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 14, 2014, 11:48:32 AM »
So still

:Woot:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #310 on: August 14, 2014, 11:49:20 AM »
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 14, 2014, 11:53:45 AM »
The Ferguson police need to get on twitter and tell us what in the world they are doing.  Because everything looks bad,  and I don't want to believe that they are just completely rough ridin' up this badly.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 14, 2014, 11:55:19 AM »
Oh man,  :lol:

So we've confirmed 4 different ways more whites have been shot by cops than blacks. How does this effect the value on life analysis? What about the inherent inclination to riot apologetic defense?

Like I said, it's a poor thing. The inclination to riot is due the a reduced fear of getting caught, it's not a deep seated reaction to generations of oppression.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 14, 2014, 11:56:02 AM »
The Ferguson police need to get on twitter and tell us what in the world they are doing.  Because everything looks bad,  and I don't want to believe that they are just completely rough ridin' up this badly.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Well, I'm not about to believe anything they put on twitter.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 14, 2014, 12:05:23 PM »
The inclination to riot is due the a reduced fear of getting caught, it's not a deep seated reaction to generations of oppression.

Thank you for blowing up the ridiculous myth that there is any kind of correlation between rioting and opression.  What a bunch of nonsense that is.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 14, 2014, 12:14:36 PM »

So we've confirmed 4 different ways more whites have been shot by cops than blacks. How does this effect the value on life analysis? What about the inherent inclination to riot apologetic defense?

Like I said, it's a poor thing. The inclination to riot is due the a reduced fear of getting caught, it's not a deep seated reaction to generations of oppression.

For the record I'm not ok with Cops shooting whites either.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 14, 2014, 12:25:31 PM »
I don't think anyone should murder anyone, for the record.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 14, 2014, 12:30:01 PM »

They were pointing loaded weapons at law enforcement officers.

Well that's a problem.

They were just defending their buddy's right to steal from the taxpayers.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 14, 2014, 12:33:08 PM »

You were seriously just stating that more whites are killed than blacks? I mean, no crap. I thought you were implying that a white person is more apt to be shot than a black guy which would be false. Still going with Biggie Smalls though. :D

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 14, 2014, 12:57:11 PM »
Guys, this thread has been extremely entertaining.

You'll laugh, you'll cry . . . two very big thumps up!

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 14, 2014, 01:00:02 PM »
guys, we were pretty mean to black people for awhile. the least we can do is defend them on message boards

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 14, 2014, 01:17:44 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 14, 2014, 01:28:59 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 14, 2014, 01:36:49 PM »
Two LOLable reports from Ferguson.
1. This afternoon Ryan Reilly a white reporter from the Huffington Post and Wesley Lowery a black reporter from the Washington Post were working in a McDonald's when Ferguson cops came in riot gear and told them to leave because the area was unsafe. They apparently didn't leave fast enough for the cops so they were attested. Reilly said his head was slammed on the car after his arrest and Lowery said he was told he was resisting and slammed against the soda machine. They were taken to jail. A reporter for the LA Times called the chief of police for Ferguson and told him that the officers just arrested two journalists and the guys were quickly released. Reilly was given an arrest report number but was told no report would be filed.

2. Elizabeth Matthews of KSDK out of St. Louis reported that right before their 10PM news the Ferguson cops shot a tear gas canister at an Al Jeezera TV truck. Her and the two cameramen heard the sound and left their truck to see what was happening, at that point she saw cops in riot gear guns drawn walking towards them. She said put her hands up but one of their tripods was hit with a fired bean bag. She said there were no protesters at their location and the riot cops yelled at them that this is for their own protection.

I thought there were only like 60 cops in Ferguson, are these just the same dozen bad person cops rough ridin' with everyone? If the whole force is like this perhaps the chief should be charged as well when the cop who started this gets his federal charges.

So the Ferguson mayor it's saying that St. Louis County is in charge and not the Ferguson cops.

I think that's how it's been all week.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 14, 2014, 01:37:51 PM »