Author Topic: Picky Eaters  (Read 10773 times)

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Picky Eaters
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2014, 01:57:42 PM »
Who doesn't like lasagna

eff that guy

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps he inquired about something other than lasagna because eating the lasagna would cause agonizing inflammation of his small intestine?

Yeah, step bro can't eat sulfates

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2014, 01:57:57 PM »
I don't like onions. I won't eat anything with onions in it.

I don't make a big deal if I'm served something with onions.  I might move it around and make it appear that I've eaten some.  Or I might lie and say I'm not very hungry or not feeling great but.... I won't eat it. I don't really care if that makes someone not invite me over for dinner. 
What don't you like about onions?  Does it matter if they are raw or cooked?

It's a combo of the texture, taste and smell.  I can eat raw onions. I can eat food with chopped onions  in it (i.e. lasagna, tacos, etc), as long as the onion isn't overpowering.  But I can not eat, or even stand the smell of, sauteed or fried onions. Onion rings might be the worst thing ever invented.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2014, 01:58:01 PM »
Who doesn't like lasagna

eff that guy

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps he inquired about something other than lasagna because eating the lasagna would cause agonizing inflammation of his small intestine?
get a better intestine

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2014, 01:59:07 PM »
Another True Story:  Family friends (have two kids).  Kids are at the ages of ~14 and ~12 or so.  Both kids are such picky eaters that the parents feed them every single time before they come over to my in-laws for dinner.  WNK's Mom-in-law is also an amazing cook and she would even make scratch Mac-N-Cheese with 5 different cheese and stuff like that for the kids.  Kids still won't eat it and parents don't force the kids to try new things.  I mean some of the basic foods that anyone would like if they tried they won't even touch.  It's like frozen chicken strips and Kraft Mac-N-Cheese on the daily for the kids.  Not my kids but drives me nuts cause they come over to the house and play video games while everyone else enjoys a nice dinner and conversation.  At 14, I'd eat the crap out of prime rib.  Nope...not these kids.
This is mostly what I am thinking about in this thread. I have been at someone's house when the 5 year old threw a fit and the dad got up from the table and left and came back with chicken nuggets and french fries from BURGER KING of all places and gave them to the kid before finishing his now cold dinner.

Also, I have seen parents pick up a pizza to go becasue the kid didn't want roast beef for dinner. The kid eats a little cesars and the parents eat roast beef.

Bread, you think that crap is cool?

All I know is I couldn't give a eff what my sister and her husband feed my nephew at Christmas dinner.  I just don't care.  A lot of you sound like excellent Branch Davidians.
The dude left in the middle of a dinner that they invited my wife and me to attend to GO TO BURGER KING!

Yeah, eff that guy. His kids could have waited until you left. Burger King is open until something like 2 AM.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2014, 01:59:49 PM »
Another True Story:  Family friends (have two kids).  Kids are at the ages of ~14 and ~12 or so.  Both kids are such picky eaters that the parents feed them every single time before they come over to my in-laws for dinner.  WNK's Mom-in-law is also an amazing cook and she would even make scratch Mac-N-Cheese with 5 different cheese and stuff like that for the kids.  Kids still won't eat it and parents don't force the kids to try new things.  I mean some of the basic foods that anyone would like if they tried they won't even touch.  It's like frozen chicken strips and Kraft Mac-N-Cheese on the daily for the kids.  Not my kids but drives me nuts cause they come over to the house and play video games while everyone else enjoys a nice dinner and conversation.  At 14, I'd eat the crap out of prime rib.  Nope...not these kids.
This is mostly what I am thinking about in this thread. I have been at someone's house when the 5 year old threw a fit and the dad got up from the table and left and came back with chicken nuggets and french fries from BURGER KING of all places and gave them to the kid before finishing his now cold dinner.

Also, I have seen parents pick up a pizza to go becasue the kid didn't want roast beef for dinner. The kid eats a little cesars and the parents eat roast beef.

All I know is I couldn't give a eff what my sister and her husband feed my nephew at Christmas dinner.  I just don't care.  A lot of you sound like excellent Branch Davidians.
The dude left in the middle of a dinner that they invited my wife and me to attend to GO TO BURGER KING!

It sounds like he either doesn't like you that much or doesn't give a crap what you think. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2014, 02:01:37 PM »

It sounds like he either doesn't like you that much or doesn't give a crap what you think.

His loss, then. Dobber could have his yard greener than an emerald in just a matter of hours and he traded all of that so his kid could get some Burger King chicken nuggets.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2014, 02:04:48 PM »

I don't make a big deal if I'm served something with onions.  I might move it around and make it appear that I've eaten some.  Or I might lie and say I'm not very hungry or not feeling great but.... I won't eat it. I don't really care if that makes someone not invite me over for dinner. 

It's a combo of the texture, taste and smell.  I can eat raw onions. I can eat food with chopped onions  in it (i.e. lasagna, tacos, etc), as long as the onion isn't overpowering.  But I can not eat, or even stand the smell of, sauteed or fried onions. Onion rings might be the worst thing ever invented.
I wonder if its the combination of the sulfur + sugar in the cooked onions.... What are your thoughts on garlic?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2014, 02:06:24 PM »

I wonder if its the combination of the sulfur + sugar in the cooked onions.... What are your thoughts on garlic?

this is interesting and either based on a gene mutation or childhood trauma. I've never heard of someone who liked raw onions but not cooked onions. usually its the other way around.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2014, 02:06:39 PM »
i feel sorry for the people who are too childish and immature to be polite and suck it up for one meal.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2014, 02:09:23 PM »

His loss, then. Dobber could have his yard greener than an emerald in just a matter of hours and he traded all of that so his kid could get some Burger King chicken nuggets.
Bread and McKee-

He and his wife are now divorced. Could be becasue his kids were too picky of eaters? Maybe their yard wasn't green enough or too full of weeds? Also, maybe he left dinner becasue he hated his wife and wanted to get away for 15 mintues? At the time, I figured the guy was a good buddy of mine and didn't really care what I thought about him leaving dinner becasue we were buds, and I still think that was the case.

Good talk. Lots to think about!

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2014, 02:09:29 PM »
When my niece was a kid she was the most picky eater ever. She would eat tator tots from Sonic but not tator tots made at home.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2014, 02:11:47 PM »
nutPAK is Wednesday night.

That is a really good way to judge athletes, imo. Collin Klein ate those nuts and went back for seconds. Will Spradling refused to even try them, iirc.

:surprised:

Hope we can get a report this year.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2014, 02:12:25 PM »
If you think that you don't like a certain food, you should have Gooch cook it for you. There are many foods that I thought I didn't like until Gooch cooked it for me.

This is exactly how it went down with CNSWife.  Who cooking and how they cook makes a huge diff.  My inlaws think that the world of seasoning is basically just salt and pepper.  Anything past that makes them super suspicious.

When they come over, I just cook how I would normally and let them sort it out.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2014, 02:13:07 PM »

Bread and McKee-

He and his wife are now divorced. Could be becasue his kids were too picky of eaters? Maybe their yard wasn't green enough or too full of weeds? Also, maybe he left dinner becasue he hated his wife and wanted to get away for 15 mintues? At the time, I figured the guy was a good buddy of mine and didn't really care what I thought about him leaving dinner becasue we were buds, and I still think that was the case.

This is pretty telling. I think that the kid was resorting to comfort foods because his parents were always fighting and making him uncomfortable. He didn't want to try new things because he just wanted his parents to stay together and for things to be the same as they always were. Poor kid.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2014, 02:20:47 PM »

Bread and McKee-

This is pretty telling. I think that the kid was resorting to comfort foods because his parents were always fighting and making him uncomfortable. He didn't want to try new things because he just wanted his parents to stay together and for things to be the same as they always were. Poor kid.
Wow, LOTS to think about!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2014, 02:23:43 PM »

I don't mind garlic in my food.  I would never eat a garlic clove though.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2014, 02:24:55 PM »

this is interesting and either based on a gene mutation or childhood trauma. I've never heard of someone who liked raw onions but not cooked onions. usually its the other way around.

I don't like raw onions but I can tolerate them.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2014, 02:25:45 PM »
I used to be the pickiest of eaters when I was about 7 yrs old. Now though I will eat pretty much anything and usually enjoy it. Picky eating is more like a mental block. Just eat a few foods you think you don't like and then voila actually you do like them.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2014, 02:30:50 PM »
When I have a picky eater coming over for dinner, I just cook a box of Kraft macaroni and cheese for them. Picky eaters love that crap.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2014, 02:31:29 PM »
would any of you guys eat a burger made of grubs?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2014, 02:32:21 PM »

Are they cooked grubs or are they still wriggling around?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2014, 02:33:39 PM »

cooked prolly I guess

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2014, 02:34:21 PM »

I don't mind garlic in my food.  I would never eat a garlic clove though.

Have you tried roasted garlic cloves as a spread on pita bread or crackers?  Add some apricot jam and cream cheese and you have one tasty snack. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2014, 02:35:01 PM »
When I have a picky eater coming over for dinner, I just cook a box of Kraft macaroni and cheese for them. Picky eaters love that crap.

That's true they do, although I also enjoy it and I will eat anything.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2014, 02:35:51 PM »

cooked prolly I guess

If somebody went to the trouble to collect a bunch of grubs and cook them up, I'd probably give it a try, but only after I saw that person eat one of those burgers him/herself. I've eaten worse.