Author Topic: Picky Eaters  (Read 10593 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Picky Eaters
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2014, 01:26:49 PM »
I just don't understand why people can't eat the crust on bread. It tastes the same.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2014, 01:27:26 PM »
Why make 20 people eat something different because you don't like pork?

Stop being an bad person and don't show up if it's that big of a deal

Eat your rough ridin' food that you don't like and don't worry about the guy next to you.
not the point, but the smacking kids comment had me rolling. Carry on

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2014, 01:28:26 PM »
nope baby bread you dont have to eat the food your host has prepared for you because this isnt the god damn army and you can do whatever you want. also feel free to fart, burp, and talk about politics at your next business adventure because youre a rough ridin' american and its a free country. everyone will still love you because youre an adult and you do whatever you want all the time with no sacrifices!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2014, 01:29:01 PM »
I just don't understand why people can't eat the crust on bread. It tastes the same.

Cause many people are dumbasses and putting something in your mouth that tastes the same but is a different color is mind blowing and eww gross.   
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2014, 01:29:03 PM »
Picky eaters are the worst.  The ones that tried something as a kid, didn't care for it, and claim they still hate it to this day.  Or the ones who haven't tried a food but because it's different automatically they think they won't like it.   Most of all, people who refuse to try new food really bother me.  Nobody is saying you have to eat it if you do not care for it, but at least try it. 

True Story:  Gal that hates red peppers (so she says).  My wife (great cook) chopped red peppers up and put in a Greek salad and stuffed turkey burgers.  Gal that hates red peppers loved the food until we told her it contained red peppers.  She stopped eating it. 

This same gal is picky about a bunch of other crap outside of red peppers, yet she considers herself a foody.  GMAFB
Change 'Gal' to 'Bitch'

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2014, 01:29:14 PM »
mr. bread is a problem picky eater

Not food types at all, but very much as to the when and the where I eat.  I don't like to eat at social anythings at all.  Just not hungry during them.  Don't enjoy the food and don't want it.  I like to eat at home when I am relaxed and actually enjoy it and want to eat it. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2014, 01:31:26 PM »
mr. bread is a problem picky eater

Not food types at all, but very much as to the when and the where I eat.  I don't like to eat at social anythings at all.  Just not hungry during them.  Don't enjoy the food and don't want it.  I like to eat at home when I am relaxed and actually enjoy it and want to eat it.
so much for being social I guess, it's okay go eat your tuna and cheese sandwich

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2014, 01:33:08 PM »
i hope mr bread invites me over for dinner sometime so i can order a pizza for dinner while everyone else politely eats whatever mrs bread has prepared. then im going to pull out my ballsack at dinner.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2014, 01:33:20 PM »
Picky eaters are the worst.  The ones that tried something as a kid, didn't care for it, and claim they still hate it to this day.  Or the ones who haven't tried a food but because it's different automatically they think they won't like it.   Most of all, people who refuse to try new food really bother me.  Nobody is saying you have to eat it if you do not care for it, but at least try it. 

True Story:  Gal that hates red peppers (so she says).  My wife (great cook) chopped red peppers up and put in a Greek salad and stuffed turkey burgers.  Gal that hates red peppers loved the food until we told her it contained red peppers.  She stopped eating it. 

This same gal is picky about a bunch of other crap outside of red peppers, yet she considers herself a foody.  GMAFB

Hilarious.  You are trying to dictate what this person should put in her mouth hole and she has the problem.  Live your rough ridin' life dumbass. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2014, 01:33:56 PM »

these GOTCHA moments with picky eaters are the best

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2014, 01:34:44 PM »

Hilarious.  You are trying to dictate what this person should put in her mouth hole and she has the problem.  Live your rough ridin' life dumbass.

I THOUGHT YOU WERE ALLERGIC TO PEANUTS, CINDY!!!!!

GOTCHA!

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2014, 01:36:41 PM »
Another True Story:  Family friends (have two kids).  Kids are at the ages of ~14 and ~12 or so.  Both kids are such picky eaters that the parents feed them every single time before they come over to my in-laws for dinner.  WNK's Mom-in-law is also an amazing cook and she would even make scratch Mac-N-Cheese with 5 different cheese and stuff like that for the kids.  Kids still won't eat it and parents don't force the kids to try new things.  I mean some of the basic foods that anyone would like if they tried they won't even touch.  It's like frozen chicken strips and Kraft Mac-N-Cheese on the daily for the kids.  Not my kids but drives me nuts cause they come over to the house and play video games while everyone else enjoys a nice dinner and conversation.  At 14, I'd eat the crap out of prime rib.  Nope...not these kids. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2014, 01:37:38 PM »
i hope mr bread invites me over for dinner sometime so i can order a pizza for dinner while everyone else politely eats whatever mrs bread has prepared. then im going to pull out my ballsack at dinner.

I wouldn't mind if you ordered a pizza as long as you paid for it.  The balls thing will not be okay though. 

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2014, 01:39:44 PM »
Another True Story:  Family friends (have two kids).  Kids are at the ages of ~14 and ~12 or so.  Both kids are such picky eaters that the parents feed them every single time before they come over to my in-laws for dinner.  WNK's Mom-in-law is also an amazing cook and she would even make scratch Mac-N-Cheese with 5 different cheese and stuff like that for the kids.  Kids still won't eat it and parents don't force the kids to try new things.  I mean some of the basic foods that anyone would like if they tried they won't even touch.  It's like frozen chicken strips and Kraft Mac-N-Cheese on the daily for the kids.  Not my kids but drives me nuts cause they come over to the house and play video games while everyone else enjoys a nice dinner and conversation.  At 14, I'd eat the crap out of prime rib.  Nope...not these kids.
wouldn't force my kids to do things they don't like but if they don't like prime rib I have failed as a man and father

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2014, 01:40:15 PM »
I don't like onions. I won't eat anything with onions in it.

I don't make a big deal if I'm served something with onions.  I might move it around and make it appear that I've eaten some.  Or I might lie and say I'm not very hungry or not feeling great but.... I won't eat it. I don't really care if that makes someone not invite me over for dinner. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2014, 01:40:22 PM »

Not at all.  Thats how we were going to cook them whether she ate it or not.  I'll never let anyone dictate what my wife and I cook.  Be rough ridin' grateful for the free food that we spent time and money on to nourish your body.  That story just proves that there are plenty of dumbasses out there that claim they don't like something when the last time they had it was 10+ years ago.  Taste buds change.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2014, 01:41:27 PM »
This is mostly what I am thinking about in this thread. I have been at someone's house when the 5 year old threw a fit and the dad got up from the table and left and came back with chicken nuggets and french fries from BURGER KING of all places and gave them to the kid before finishing his now cold dinner.

Also, I have seen parents pick up a pizza to go becasue the kid didn't want roast beef for dinner. The kid eats a little cesars and the parents eat roast beef.

Bread, you think that crap is cool?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »

The conversation isn't worth a crap if a 12 and 14 year old are contributing.  What a rough ridin' weirdo. 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2014, 01:42:18 PM »
One of my friends has an ex who has never had a cheeseburger. He had only had hamburgers because he didn't like to try new things and had never tried cheese on his burger. The guy is like 40 years old.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2014, 01:44:27 PM »
This thread has outed some awful, selfish people on both sides of the argument.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2014, 01:45:03 PM »
I don't like onions. I won't eat anything with onions in it.

I don't make a big deal if I'm served something with onions.  I might move it around and make it appear that I've eaten some.  Or I might lie and say I'm not very hungry or not feeling great but.... I won't eat it. I don't really care if that makes someone not invite me over for dinner. 
What don't you like about onions?  Does it matter if they are raw or cooked? 

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2014, 01:45:15 PM »
One of my friends has an ex who has never had a cheeseburger. He had only had hamburgers because he didn't like to try new things and had never tried cheese on his burger. The guy is like 40 years old.
He probably likes McDonalds hamburgers, too. "I DID NOT WANT CHEESE ON THIS DELICIOUS HAMBURGER!"

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2014, 01:45:38 PM »
the anti-picky eater crowd is looking like a bunch of complete dumbass nazis while the picky eaters are defending their lifestyle choices with gallantry and aplomb.

not at all how i'd have guessed this thread would have gone.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2014, 01:46:32 PM »
One year when I was a kid I didn't get a birthday party because I refused to try black eyed peas on New Year's Day. (My mom claims I did get a party, but I distinctly remember not getting one.)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2014, 01:47:04 PM »
If you don't like onions so be it, push them aside and be polite about the meal. For fucks sake anyone that cooks a legit meal for people makes multiple things eat more of one than the other