Author Topic: The Drinking Age Is Past Its Prime  (Read 29318 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: The Drinking Age Is Past Its Prime
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2014, 03:55:59 PM »
How can you claim to be a small government conservative, and then want to increase the voting age to 30 and ban marijuana?  I mean, those things seem kind of contradictory.

That's because you're a dumbass that doesn't understand the difference between "small government conservative" and a libertarian. And simply changing the voting age is not a matter if big or small government - it's just a change in law, though raising the voting age to 30 would result in a lot fewer young naive libtards from voting, resulting in a more conservative government.

Let's break this down:

1. Increasing voting age to 30:

-Government would be required to increase federal voting regulations, which would lead to less people having the freedom to vote, as well as increased costs associated with enforcement and legal challenges. 

-Conclusion:  this would increase government regulations and restrictions, therefore it contradicts your libertarian/small government charade. 

2.  Banning marijuana:

-States and federal government would be required to increase regulations and enforcements of marijuana laws, which would have several negative consequences, including reduced tax revenue in states where recreational use is currently legalized.  Our overcrowded prison system would become even more overcrowded with the massive increase in non-violent criminals, which would increase the tax burden on local taxpayers and needlessly imprison a significant portion of the population. 

-Conclusion:  this would increase government regulations and restrictions, and put many non-violent criminals in jail, therefore contradicting your libertarian/small government charade.

Overall conclusion:

K-S-U is a total right wing hack.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2014, 03:59:25 PM »
I would say someone is a pot smoker if they buy it themselves for personal consumption on a regular basis.  I guarantee it's lower than 20% among the people I work with and know well enough to know if they do or not. 

well given that like 6% of the general population self-identify as habitual smokers on the annual health & human services survey, you've got some wiggle room to sniff these guys out

I'd be okay with saying 6% of my colleagues smoke regularly.  There might be a few I don't know about, but I know about affairs, alcoholism, and other illicit activities, so I'm not sure why pot would escape me. 

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2014, 04:01:57 PM »
I would say someone is a pot smoker if they buy it themselves for personal consumption on a regular basis.  I guarantee it's lower than 20% among the people I work with and know well enough to know if they do or not. 

well given that like 6% of the general population self-identify as habitual smokers on the annual health & human services survey, you've got some wiggle room to sniff these guys out

I'd be okay with saying 6% of my colleagues smoke regularly.  There might be a few I don't know about, but I know about affairs, alcoholism, and other illicit activities, so I'm not sure why pot would escape me.

Probably because it's not a topic of gossip. I'm sure they just go home, occasionally smoke a little weed and come to work the next day.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2014, 04:04:19 PM »

Probably because it's not a topic of gossip. I'm sure they just go home, occasionally smoke a little weed and come to work the next day.

Are you suggesting they hide it?

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2014, 04:05:08 PM »

It's not like your buddies come to work and brag they had one beer last night.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2014, 04:05:56 PM »

Maybe they just aren't announcing it? I mean, how would you know unless you are secretly collecting urine from the urinals and testing it? Are you doing that?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2014, 04:07:11 PM »
i'm pretty sure my sister doesn't sit in the teacher's lounge and talk about how she smoked pot and played with the kids in the backyard yesterday before dinner :dunno:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2014, 04:07:16 PM »

It's not like your buddies come to work and brag they had one beer last night.

Some people say they smoke.  Are they bragging?  Lying?   :dunno:

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2014, 04:07:29 PM »

Possibly, in fear of being looked down upon and judged by the adulterers and alcoholics of the office.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2014, 04:07:47 PM »

Maybe they just aren't announcing it? I mean, how would you know unless you are secretly collecting urine from the urinals and testing it? Are you doing that?

How would you know unless you are secretly collecting urine from the urinals and testing it? Are you doing that?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2014, 04:08:35 PM »
those aren't cakes in the urinals...they're cup-cakes  :sdeek:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2014, 04:09:14 PM »
Judging from the turn this thread took, I think I've discovered another unfortunate side effect of frequent pot use: boatloads of denial.

Other side effects include:  Hungry, Happy, Sleepy

That's all!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2014, 04:09:35 PM »
If anything this thread has taught me that potheads are unconfident losers.   :D

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2014, 04:13:26 PM »
Did he seriously suggest a qualifier for voting that involves owning property?  Hey, the 18th century called... Do my two slaves count as owning property?

I would support it.   :dunno:  Hell, I'd even stipulate that you have to have paid taxes to get a vote.

You get a deduction for owning property, though. That means you pay less, not more.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2014, 04:17:31 PM »
Fanning weed stories always make me laugh my ass off because he makes it sound like he took mushrooms or something

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2014, 04:17:46 PM »
Did he seriously suggest a qualifier for voting that involves owning property?  Hey, the 18th century called... Do my two slaves count as owning property?

I would support it.   :dunno:  Hell, I'd even stipulate that you have to have paid taxes to get a vote.

You get a deduction for owning property, though. That means you pay less, not more.

Can't tell if serious.  :dubious:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2014, 04:19:39 PM »

How 'bout this, if you pay a net positive in federal income taxes and social security, you can vote, no matter your citizenship status or age. By net positive I mean you and your employer have paid the US government more on your behalf than you and your dependents have received in direct subsidies and tax credits (not income deductions). Every July you get a voter ID card from the treasury department. When you reach retirement age, you can automatically vote.
No, you can't monetize infrastructure use, everyone uses that for free.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2014, 04:20:02 PM »
Fanning weed stories always make me laugh my ass off because he makes it sound like he took mushrooms or something

Smoking with the Fanman is on my bucket list. What a great night in the ville that would be.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2014, 04:21:04 PM »
that would be adorable and i would buy the dvd

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2014, 04:21:41 PM »
we've seriously got people in this thread attempting to design a modern day poll tax. wtf?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2014, 04:22:02 PM »
Would be fantastic

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2014, 04:22:10 PM »
If anything this thread has taught me that potheads are unconfident losers.   :D

The guy who wants to go back to pre-Civil War era voting laws is calling potheads "unconfident losers." 

:love:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2014, 04:22:54 PM »

Smoking with the Fanman is on my bucket list. What a great night in the ville that would be.
I can dig it.  :) Can you dig it? That's what happens when you smoke like 2 or 3 times a year. It becomes a magical journey.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2014, 04:24:04 PM »

I can dig it.  :) Can you dig it? That's what happens when you smoke like 2 or 3 times a year. It becomes a magical journey.

Fanman is gonna join the jazz band!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2014, 04:24:31 PM »
we've seriously got people in this thread attempting to design a modern day poll tax. wtf?

drugs.