Author Topic: The Drinking Age Is Past Its Prime  (Read 29284 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Drinking Age Is Past Its Prime
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2014, 02:59:31 PM »
Sure, some pot smokers are lazy just like some non-pot smokers are lazy. Some 17 year old pot smokers are lazy just like some 17 year old non-pot smokers are lazy; and some 17 year old pot smokers are not lazy.

so, 50/50

Not 50/50, WackySpracne.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2014, 03:00:11 PM »
I agree on lowering the drinking age. I'd take it all the way down to 16 or 17 to get kids some exposure to legal drinking prior to heading off to college. It seems to work most everywhere else in the world. But, I'd also raise the driving age to 20 (farm kids could still drive combines at 14 bc that's awesome). I would also raise the voting age to 30 unless you either (a) enlist in the military, or (b) own real property. I would also re-ban pot because, while there's always an exception that proves the rule, I've never met a frequent pot smoker who wasn't a lazy slob. I knew some pretty smart kids in high school that got heavy into weed. Things did not go so well after high school for them.

All of these changes would significantly improve our society and government.

JFC. Are you kidding me with this crap? It's not even worth my time to argue against your stupidity.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2014, 03:03:28 PM »
I'm more of a status quo guy.  Unless I disagree with something, in which case I think we should look into changing it. 

I feel the same way about taxes.  I think some tax increases are ok, unless it affects me.  Also, it's important to monitor our citizens in order to keep us all safe, as long as you stay out of my business, because I'm just a law-abiding citizen.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2014, 03:05:01 PM »
Sure, some pot smokers are lazy just like some non-pot smokers are lazy. Some 17 year old pot smokers are lazy just like some 17 year old non-pot smokers are lazy; and some 17 year old pot smokers are not lazy.

so, 50/50
CASE CLOSED!

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2014, 03:06:27 PM »
Alcohol destroys far more lives and families than pot. Honestly it's rough ridin' ridiculous that binge drinking is socially acceptable but if you smoke a joint you're automatically labeled a loser.

It's because no one smokes joints anymore grandpa.

Joints and edibles are the way to go and I'm very good at making both. (#FanningBrag)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2014, 03:11:14 PM »
Alcohol destroys far more lives and families than pot. Honestly it's rough ridin' ridiculous that binge drinking is socially acceptable but if you smoke a joint you're automatically labeled a loser.

Joints and edibles are the way to go and I'm very good at making both. (#FanningBrag)

whoa, dude. #vapelife

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2014, 03:11:57 PM »

Whatever criminal.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2014, 03:12:30 PM »

whoa, dude. #vapelife

No-can-do-sville, team #buttbud

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2014, 03:15:20 PM »
One time I smoked up w/ my brother (allegedly) in New Orleans. Afterwards we walked down bourbon st. and it was the most terrifying experience of my life.  :ohno:

:lol:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2014, 03:16:44 PM »
How can you claim to be a small government conservative, and then want to increase the voting age to 30 and ban marijuana?  I mean, those things seem kind of contradictory.

That's because you're a dumbass that doesn't understand the difference between "small government conservative" and a libertarian. And simply changing the voting age is not a matter if big or small government - it's just a change in law, though raising the voting age to 30 would result in a lot fewer young naive libtards from voting, resulting in a more conservative government.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »
Judging from the turn this thread took, I think I've discovered another unfortunate side effect of frequent pot use: boatloads of denial.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2014, 03:20:38 PM »
How can you claim to be a small government conservative, and then want to increase the voting age to 30 and ban marijuana?  I mean, those things seem kind of contradictory.

That's because you're a dumbass that doesn't understand the difference between "small government conservative" and a libertarian. And simply changing the voting age is not a matter if big or small government - it's just a change in law, though raising the voting age to 30 would result in a lot fewer young naive libtards from voting, resulting in a more conservative government.

I think we shouldn't let anyone over 70 vote since they're going to die soon anyway. Then that will result in a more liberal government.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2014, 03:20:52 PM »
Judging from the turn this thread took, I think I've discovered another unfortunate side effect of frequent pot use: boatloads of denial.

Denial of what?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2014, 03:22:04 PM »

Other side effects include:  Hungry, Happy, Sleepy

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2014, 03:22:57 PM »

Denial of what?

Exactly, Ell. Exactly. Think about it.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2014, 03:23:18 PM »
Holy crap, K-S-U Wildcats hates freedom.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2014, 03:23:53 PM »
If you don't know a bunch of perfectly functional professionals that smoke pot, you either don't know many ppl closely at all, or work for a church or something.

The pot smokers are lazy talking point is about as accurate as saying that liberals are stupid or republicans are heartless.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2014, 03:25:09 PM »
50/50 :gocho:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2014, 03:25:15 PM »
If you don't know a bunch of perfectly functional professionals that smoke pot, you either don't know many ppl closely at all, or work for a church or something.

The pot smokers are lazy talking point is about as accurate as saying that liberals are stupid or republicans are heartless.

I knew a priest that chieffed the occasional spliff.

The Big Train

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2014, 03:27:08 PM »
I had absinthe when I was in spain several years ago, it def should be legal here.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2014, 03:28:53 PM »

Define "a bunch."  I'd personally put the percentage of perfectly functional professionals that smoke pot regularly at less than 20%.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2014, 03:29:26 PM »
This is quite the pickle.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2014, 03:30:45 PM »
What would you say the percentage of cops are that do it? One step further, what do you think the percentage of cops that do it off of product taken from citizens?

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2014, 03:31:14 PM »

Denial of what?

Exactly, Ell. Exactly. Think about it.

I'm willing to bet you've done 0 research on the subject. You're basing your opinion on your small little bubble of experiences with a handful of lazy stoners. You neglect to recognize the benefits and expand on bullshit refer madness talking points like every one who smokes pot is a worthless piece of crap. I'm just glad that you and dumbasses like yourself are now in the minority with your stupid rough ridin' opinions on this subject. It's going to be legalized everywhere soon enough so deal with it. Try doing some research yourself instead of listening to that fear mongering psychopath, Nancy Grace. Have a nice day and go eff yourself.  :Flipped off x2:

The Big Train

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2014, 03:31:55 PM »
What would you say the percentage of cops are that do it? One step further, what do you think the percentage of cops that do it off of product taken from citizens?

Training Day was a documentary about this, correct?