Author Topic: Lawn Care  (Read 111643 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Lawn Care
« Reply #650 on: August 08, 2015, 11:01:30 AM »
well we found out who dobber works for
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 08, 2015, 11:36:57 AM »
steve dave maybe you should kill all your good grass so your whole yard matches.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 08, 2015, 11:40:51 AM »
well we found out who dobber works for
I thought that was easily figured out before hand. In this case, Armada is simply one of the very few fungicides that is priced for LCO's (lawn care operators) and not for golf course market (meaning it is cheaper), and JDL (John Deere Landscape- not your local midwest green tractors store) carries the product in virtually every store in the country because LCO's come in and ask for it.

The Big Train

« Reply #653 on: August 08, 2015, 11:47:29 AM »
slobber pushing the agenda of big lawn care

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 08, 2015, 03:07:06 PM »
so my goal every year is to not be the worst yard in my neighborhood. like, i want someone else to have the "bad yard". i've been able to do this, but sometimes just barely. this year is the first year though that i am top 50% and the yards that are worse than mine just make me so mad. it's like, pull up your pants and get a haircut you assholes because you're making us all look bad.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 08, 2015, 03:08:31 PM »
so my goal every year is to not be the worst yard in my neighborhood. like, i want someone else to have the "bad yard". i've been able to do this, but sometimes just barely. this year is the first year though that i am top 50% and the yards that are worse than mine just make me so mad.

go back to lower division yard. problem solved.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 08, 2015, 03:10:21 PM »
we have a HOA yard of the month. my neighbors are nuts about this crap. they are all either out there for 10+ hours a week or have professionals come do garden and yard stuff for them. my neighbor across the street has had excavators and skid loaders in his yard all week and appears to have put down about two billion pounds of boulders and roughly 50 trees/bushes. I'm very happy if my grass is green, my two trees are alive, and my supposedly un killable land scape plants are unkilled. so far so good but this yellow spot is starting to worry me.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 08, 2015, 03:11:43 PM »
SPEAKING OF!: Dobber, my ornamental pear tree has some black spots on some of the leaves. in doing google on it I've discovered it could be almost anything (fungus, bugs, disease, etc.) and basically I have to just see if it goes away or not. any additional input here? should I go ahead and send the mrs. to the landscape place to pick out another tree?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 08, 2015, 03:12:35 PM »
my maple tree is whipping ass. it's close to the yellow spot though!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 08, 2015, 03:29:46 PM »
I am booking a flight as I type this. We will have this figured out by eod Monday.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: August 08, 2015, 03:31:48 PM »
Get a sycamore,  SD.  They are awesome and cannot be killed.  They laugh at our shitty midwest weather and look elite while doing so.  Also, they grow fast and are great for shade. 

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 08, 2015, 03:37:19 PM »
so my goal every year is to not be the worst yard in my neighborhood. like, i want someone else to have the "bad yard". i've been able to do this, but sometimes just barely. this year is the first year though that i am top 50% and the yards that are worse than mine just make me so mad.

go back to lower division yard. problem solved.

Not an option. My neighborhood is like 40 houses but my neighborhood within a neighborhood is my street and only has a few houses and I don't want to let those people down. I'll keep fighting the good fight and hope the people outside my street feel the peer pressure to either join in or get lost. It isn't that hard. Crab grass by the street and sidewalks of some people just so gross though I almost want to grab my sprayer thing and go spot spray for them. What is happening?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 08, 2015, 03:41:35 PM »
Rick Daris is growing up.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 08, 2015, 05:22:02 PM »
Rick Daris is growing up.

Gonna win 'em all!

What does my yard also have you might ask? If you guessed a garden in back with a couple of currently growing pumpkin vines for Halloween along with cucumber and watermelons plants then you just nailed it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 08, 2015, 07:07:49 PM »
i took pretty good care of my lawn last year, but this year i just can't work up the motivation.  don't let the grass get to tall, blah, blah, blah.  it's hot outside, and i don't want to go out there.  what's the worst that could happen if i let it grow?  hell the state wants me to let it dry out and die anyways.  my neighbors should be thankful i'm not doing that.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 08, 2015, 08:32:08 PM »
i took pretty good care of my lawn last year, but this year i just can't work up the motivation.  don't let the grass get to tall, blah, blah, blah.  it's hot outside, and i don't want to go out there.  what's the worst that could happen if i let it grow?  hell the state wants me to let it dry out and die anyways.  my neighbors should be thankful i'm not doing that.

It's very neighborhood dependent in my opinion. If you look around and you aren't the worst, you're good
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 09:33:34 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 09, 2015, 07:12:08 PM »
the best time for a fall reseed is in the fall

I got a possible illegal immigrant who removed 7 50 ft post oaks for me last week for $1200 if you want his number

How much do suburban texans hate trees

I don't hate trees. We still have like 40
emaw

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 09, 2015, 09:12:13 PM »
@steve dave I really am not a tree expert. If you don't see any feeding on the leaves or leaves missing completely, then it is not a caterpillar. If you have an Ash tree, then I would have a different thought. It is probably some disease, which is not likely to kill the tree. I am assuming that you are watering consistently.

The one thing that I do for my trees, which kick the neighbors trees' asses, is I put the garden hose on them at a trickle a couple of times a year and water real deep. I let the hose run for 3-4 hours near the base of the tree. It could be dry around the tree and the leaves are just suffering.

Sorry I had to cancel my Omaha flight tomorrow. Keep the Miller Lite's on ice for the next time!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 09, 2015, 11:26:05 PM »

It's very neighborhood dependent in my opinion. If you look around and you aren't the worst, you're good

my lawn isn't the worst, but it's definitely not in the top half.  fresnans tend to really get into their lawns (bermuda clipped to about .5 inches high).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 24, 2015, 06:06:17 AM »
Is it too early for seeding?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 24, 2015, 07:54:59 AM »

Is it too early for seeding?
A little. Can start prep work now. Spray roundup to try to kill off Bermuda patches if you have a fescue lawn. Mow a little lower the next mowing. Labor Day is a good time to oversees/reseed.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 24, 2015, 08:26:40 AM »
it's been pretty cool here. I mowed last week at 3" and plan to do so the rest of the season. also makes it easier for me to mow less often. yellow spots are gone. I didn't do anything to make them go away.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 24, 2015, 08:26:55 AM »
Slobber which JDL do you work at?  I like you guys and shop there for all my lawn needs.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 24, 2015, 08:28:04 AM »
also, going to fall aerate this year for the first time. sod will be about 16 months old so I think it's time. I mean, I'm not personally going to do it but you know what I mean.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 24, 2015, 08:34:16 AM »

Slobber which JDL do you work at?  I like you guys and shop there for all my lawn needs.
I actually don't work at JDL.

Gonna win 'em all!