Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 370895 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think it was Tyrion cuz he was holding the cup at the end all like "Waaa"? Man, tricky show right?

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Somebody explain how the procession works.  With J dead, who's now in charge?  Is it Marjorie? Or some male relative of Jof?  Low royalty iq over here.
Though the Iron throne is technically a monarchy, it is also patriarchal in the sense that a male heir always comes before a female heir.  Since Margaery's marriage went unconsummated and ultimately didn't produce any heirs, she wouldn't be included in the line of succession (had she a child, male or female, she'd be queen regent)  So the next in line by the customs of Westeros would be Tommen.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Somebody explain how the procession works.  With J dead, who's now in charge?  Is it Marjorie? Or some male relative of Jof?  Low royalty iq over here.

Joffrey has a little brother. I forgot about him too. It goes to him.

Jaime was Joffreys real dad right? And is he also father of the younger son?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

:bang: :bang: :bang:

my word  :blank:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Looks like ol' Tommen has the best motive.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
And the worst name.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
what if tommen is in the pocket of big cercei?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i don't know why people won't just give Marjorie a chance, shes basically been proven to be the superior queen regnant.

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I watched the wedding scene again, and I'm pretty sure that Margaery and Lady Olenna were in cahoots.

First, Tyrion has no motive. What does he gain if he poisons Joffrey? Sure he stops getting made fun of, but he doesn't really seem to mind all that much. Second, it doesn't look like he slips anything in--and he had several opportunities to do it before Joffrey dies.

Why I think the Tyrells smelt it/dealt it:
-Margaery gets super-excited about the pie. They set it up to seem like she was excited about the pie because it stopped the confrontation, but what if she was excited about the pie because she knew it was poisoned?
-If it is in fact that wine that is poisoned, it looks like she slips something into the wine glass when Joffrey hands it to her. (It's not clear enough to overturn the call on the field, but it sure looks like it to me.)
-Most important--Lady Olenna and Margaery both effectively use the "She Who Smelt It Dealt It" defense. Margaery is the one to point out that Joffrey is "choking." Lady Olenna immediately says, "Help him!" And then what do they both do? Turn their backs while Cersei and Jaime run to try and save the king. They smelt it because they dealt it.

Now, what's their motive? It's unclear--either Margaery is going to make an appeal to the people (who love her) that she is the real queen, or there is some financial motive (Iron Bank?) that I don't know about because there's no way I'm going to read 600,000 pages.

WonderMeal's Probably 100% Correct Power Rankings of Who Did It:
1) Lady Olenna and Margaery
2) The Dornish dude (too obv)
3) The drunk fool (not capable of pulling it off)
100) Tyrion
Last place) Sansa. (too incredibly boring)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i don't know why people won't just give Marjorie Margaery a chance, shes basically been proven to be the superior queen regnant.

:curse:

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Read the goddamn books you rubes

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i don't know why people won't just give Marjorie Margaery a chance, shes basically been proven to be the superior queen regnant.

:curse:
I had it right earlier  :dunno:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Just re-watched the episode. How incredibly well acted was that scene at the Dreadfort with Roose, Ramsey, and Reek. Possibly one of the best acted scenes of the whole series IMO.

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Just re-watched the episode. How incredibly well acted was that scene at the Dreadfort with Roose, Ramsey, and Reek. Possibly one of the best acted scenes of the whole series IMO.
"Reek, Reek, it rhymes with weak"

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
nerd alert!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
nerd alert!

you say that like it's a bad thing, dumbass.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
nerd alert!

you say that like it's a bad thing, dumbass.
Whoa. No need for name calling, jerk face.

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
In the books, what happens with Arya and the hound is a far departure from the show. I think the book develops Arya much more effectively

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
In the books, what happens with Arya and the hound is a far departure from the show. I think the book develops Arya much more effectively

color me surprised that a 5 book series spanning over 5,000 pages developed a character more effectively than a tv show did. this is some cold fusion type crap going on with this george rr martin guy.  i bet he met with bill self the inventor to figure out a way to aptly develop ol' arya sans an hour long tv show.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
and also filled with pigeons

It was doves.

This practice is based on real history. Apparently it happened on an episode of The Tudors as well.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sansa picked up the cup he was drinking out of.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Joff also took a drink from the cup after Sansa picked it up but before breaking the pie. If it was Sansa that's when he'd have started chocking.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Joff also took a drink from the cup after Sansa picked it up but before breaking the pie. If it was Sansa that's when he'd have started chocking.

Some poisons have a delayed reaction. Maybe the poison caused his throat to swell up and that took a couple of minutes.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.