Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 364681 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The only way that episode could have been any better would have been some dragons. But wow, so awesome.

In Bran's vision thingy you saw the shadow of a dragon. . so there was that.

Was that King's Landing that the dragon shadow was over? I think it was since the very next shot was of King's Landing before the wedding...but I am never sure on these shots because maybe other cities look similar from above?

I took it to be King's Landing, but that little bit of story line was very confusing to me.  Did they travel all the way north so he could touch a tree and now they are heading back south? I'm sure they will it explain it better eventually. . .but that scene was frustratingly vague.

There was a voice in the vision that said "North"...so I took that as their next direction.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
but i would be speculating based on what I have seen in the show and you are speculating based off 200000 pages of text i haven't read.

There's been nothing in the show that leads you to believe that Sansa has the ability, let alone the balls to pull something like that off. Honestly, in the book Sansa seemed a more likely suspect than she did in the show. Just watching the show I'd have been better able to guess who was responsible than I was while reading. I thought the show almost gave it away.

I'm watching the show with my girlfriend and neither of us have read the books.  Our main speculation was any of the Tyrells or the prince from Dorne.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
The only way that episode could have been any better would have been some dragons. But wow, so awesome.

In Bran's vision thingy you saw the shadow of a dragon. . so there was that.

Was that King's Landing that the dragon shadow was over? I think it was since the very next shot was of King's Landing before the wedding...but I am never sure on these shots because maybe other cities look similar from above?

I took it to be King's Landing, but that little bit of story line was very confusing to me.  Did they travel all the way north so he could touch a tree and now they are heading back south? I'm sure they will it explain it better eventually. . .but that scene was frustratingly vague.

There was a voice in the vision that said "North"...so I took that as their next direction.

Definitely missed that.  I just want Bran to control a dragon at some point.  That would make it all worth it. Haha

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
The show left out a lot of the background information that makes all of the speculation about who poisoned joff so fun, like Oberyn is well known for his proclivity for poisoning people. What I saw in this episode supports my theory for who is responsible for it in the books.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
The show left out a lot of the background information that makes all of the speculation about who poisoned joff so fun, like Oberyn is well known for his proclivity for poisoning people. What I saw in this episode supports my theory for who is responsible for it in the books.

THE SUSPENSE!! 

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Interesting. I guess I'll just have to wait and see, because I have no idea.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
As far as poison deaths go, I thought they made it about as gruesome as they could. He looked extremely blue and dead at the end, and his eyes were googily. Pretty good.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
As far as poison deaths go, I thought they made it about as gruesome as they could. He looked extremely blue and dead at the end, and his eyes were googily. Pretty good.

I really liked the blood/puss combo all over his nose/face.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I really liked the blood/puss combo all over his nose/face.

Yeah it was pretty gross/good.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh was that kid sitting next to Tyrion at the wedding supposed to be Tommen? I kept wondering who that kid was.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Interesting that a bunch of book nerds can't read the difference between a show thread and a book thread.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Interesting that a bunch of book nerds can't read the difference between a show thread and a book thread.

you're so grumpy when you wake up

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
and also filled with pigeons
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I thought I saw Joffrey eating what appeared to be pigeon crap on his piece of pie.  He probably died from e coli.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Didn't Marjorie refuse to eat the pie? I can't understand why she would kill him, but then again there could totally be some devious reason.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Didn't Marjorie refuse to eat the pie? I can't understand why she would kill him, but then again there could totally be some devious reason.

Maybe so that she can be married to a younger FP she can control instead of an abusive sociopath who likely would have made her life miserable?  Seems like an excellent reason as reasons go.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Team Marjorie's mom did it

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Team Marjorie's mom did it
Olenna is her grandmother, fwiw

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
well i'm a respect

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Left and Right would have finished the job had the wine not.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Somebody explain how the procession works.  With J dead, who's now in charge?  Is it Marjorie? Or some male relative of Jof?  Low royalty iq over here. 

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
I'm going to rough ridin' lose my mind. It's Margaery, dumbasses.

edit: as in, Margaery is the correct spelling.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:58:53 PM by Metalhead »