Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 364876 times)

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was disappointed they didn't bring Ser Ilyn back into the show, to spar with Jaime, a man with no tongue keeps the best secrets.

That's how the books handled it, actually. The actor that played Sir Ilyn died, though, so the change is understandable.
Did not know that about the actor playing him, I suppose that makes me less disappointed with the change up.   I thought it was just ceaseless meddling by the writers.

Ramsay didn't have any female members of his group of cronies, who she may be supplanting.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Did Ramsey Snow have a girl hunting partner in the books? I don't remember her.

No, I thought that was a really weird inclusion, especially considering how Ramsey normally treats women. I'm also trying to figure out how him and Ser Amory are old acquaintances.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
in the books i feel like the guy who cut off Jaime's hand was more memorable

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Vargo Hoat orders it in the book, but he isn't in the show at all that I've noticed. Ser Amory Lorch seems to have taken over his storyline but now he's best buds with the Boltons so I'm not sure where they're going with him.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Vargo Hoat orders it in the book, but he isn't in the show at all that I've noticed. Ser Amory Lorch seems to have taken over his storyline but now he's best buds with the Boltons so I'm not sure where they're going with him.

The guy who cut off Jaime's hand in the show and who was greeted by Ramsey is Locke. He is sworn to House Bolton, so I assume Ramsey just knows him because he is sworn to Ramsey's father, Roose Bolton.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The guy who cut off Jaime's hand in the show and who was greeted by Ramsey is Locke. He is sworn to House Bolton, so I assume Ramsey just knows him because he is sworn to Ramsey's father, Roose Bolton.

Ah, good catch, guess I need to rewatch last season. I was assuming it was Lorch who is sworn to the Lannisters

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lorch was killed by Jaqen H'ghar at Harrenhal.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lorch was killed by Jaqen H'ghar at Harrenhal.

Yea I remember that now, the similarity between Locke and Lorch had me confused. Seems weird that they'd change Asha to Yara to avoid confusion but create a character and make him that similar to another character.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
yeah that is funny. also Yara sounds more like Arya than Asha anyway

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
yeah that is funny. also Yara sounds more like Arya than Asha anyway

I think Asha was changed because it was to close to Osha, but yes, it sounds much like Arya now

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In the season preview HBO air back in Feb, one of the cast described a scene that makes it sounds like Locke gets the same come-up'ns as in the book, this season.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, Sansa did it, right?

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, Sansa did it, right?

Without knowing how far the show will delve into it I'm not going to say much, but no she didn't.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, Sansa did it, right?

The great thing is that there are so many people who could have done it.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Without knowing how far the show will delve into it I'm not going to say much, but no she didn't.

STOP IT YOU BOOK SPOILER GOONS GO TO THE BOOK GOON THREAD

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

STOP IT YOU BOOK SPOILER GOONS GO TO THE BOOK GOON THREAD

It doesn't take much critical thinking to figure out Sansa didn't do it.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
but i would be speculating based on what I have seen in the show and you are speculating based off 200000 pages of text i haven't read.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
but i would be speculating based on what I have seen in the show and you are speculating based off 200000 pages of text i haven't read.

Oh, come on now. It's only about 6000 pages.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Joff's wedding was WAAAAAAAAAAY better in the book.  was really disappointed with how it looked in the show.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Joff's wedding was WAAAAAAAAAAY better in the book.  was really disappointed with how it looked in the show.

You're talking about the fact that they left out the pigs, aren't you?

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

What did they leave out that would have made it better?

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
The only way that episode could have been any better would have been some dragons. But wow, so awesome.

In Bran's vision thingy you saw the shadow of a dragon. . so there was that.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The only way that episode could have been any better would have been some dragons. But wow, so awesome.

Was that King's Landing that the dragon shadow was over? I think it was since the very next shot was of King's Landing before the wedding...but I am never sure on these shots because maybe other cities look similar from above?

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

There's been nothing in the show that leads you to believe that Sansa has the ability, let alone the balls to pull something like that off. Honestly, in the book Sansa seemed a more likely suspect than she did in the show. Just watching the show I'd have been better able to guess who was responsible than I was while reading. I thought the show almost gave it away.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

Was that King's Landing that the dragon shadow was over? I think it was since the very next shot was of King's Landing before the wedding...but I am never sure on these shots because maybe other cities look similar from above?

I took it to be King's Landing, but that little bit of story line was very confusing to me.  Did they travel all the way north so he could touch a tree and now they are heading back south? I'm sure they will it explain it better eventually. . .but that scene was frustratingly vague.