Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261947 times)

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #1725 on: May 30, 2012, 02:05:23 PM »
Hatfield's & McCoy's premiere tonight, i'll give it a shot  :dunno:

:thumbs:
DVR'd the first two episodes... worth watching?
Yes

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: May 30, 2012, 02:28:35 PM »
Hatfield's & McCoy's premiere tonight, i'll give it a shot  :dunno:

:thumbs:
DVR'd the first two episodes... worth watching?
Yes

They are available on demand...worth DVR'ing? (no)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #1727 on: May 30, 2012, 02:40:21 PM »
I wasn't very clear. I meant the claim of GoT being HBO's second best series of all time.   :eek:

I have watched (and pretty much loved) everything on HBO since dream on/the larry sanders show.  GoT is easily my second favorite, with the wire being far away the number 1.
The Sopranos told me to tell you to GTFOOTF

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: May 30, 2012, 08:19:14 PM »
Season 1 of Deadwood in the bag.  ON TO SEASON 2!
You are going to very pissed the way HBO ended this series when they cancelled it.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: May 30, 2012, 10:27:08 PM »

I don't watch this, but from the outside looking in I don't think I've seen another show that went through the following arc as big as Game of Thrones has:

"A lot of people appear to watch and like it" to
"A few people started dropping off" to
"Half the viewers are now lost/bored with it and the other half are trying to keep pumping it" to
"A large number of viewers have the opinion 'eff this show'"

first of all, most shows go through the arc you just described.  in fact, most things in life go through the arc you just described.  game of thrones doesn't happen to be one of those shows to this point and have no idea how you came to that conclusion unless your entire sampling is kim carnes from goEMAW.com, in which case you're a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: May 30, 2012, 10:30:09 PM »

I don't watch this, but from the outside looking in I don't think I've seen another show that went through the following arc as big as Game of Thrones has:

"Half the viewers are now lost/bored with it and the other half are trying to keep pumping it" to

first of all, most shows go through the arc you just described.  in fact, most things in life go through the arc you just described.  game of thrones doesn't happen to be one of those shows to this point and have no idea how you came to that conclusion unless your entire sampling is kim carnes from goEMAW.com, in which case you're a respect.

I said I love the show so I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that he came to that conclusion because of me.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 30, 2012, 10:39:39 PM »
I said I love the show so I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that he came to that conclusion because of me.

eff game of thrones

I don't watch this, but from the outside looking in [...]
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: May 30, 2012, 11:21:19 PM »

first of all, most shows go through the arc you just described.  in fact, most things in life go through the arc you just described.  game of thrones doesn't happen to be one of those shows to this point and have no idea how you came to that conclusion unless your entire sampling is kim carnes from goEMAW.com, in which case you're a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

First off, I shouldn't have used the term "big".  What I should have said is "as accelerated at GoT".  Second, I've heard from multiple people from different parts of my life go from "you should watch GoT" to "don't waste your time, they drove it into the ground and you will feel like the time you invested in catching up was a waste".  I had the same conversation with at 2 different parties this past weekend with multiple people agreeing with that sediment at both.  Kim Carnes saying "eff GoT" and my computer rough ridin' up and making it looked like Nuts Kicked agreed reminded me of it. 

My point was it seems like it's gone through the arc faster than any show I can remember that started as hyped as it did.  Most of the people that were telling me to watch it last summer are now telling me if I'm not going to read the book first, then don't waste my time because it gets boring and weird. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 31, 2012, 07:52:07 AM »
GOT of thrones has been awesome this season.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: May 31, 2012, 08:20:54 AM »

First off, I shouldn't have used the term "big".  What I should have said is "as accelerated at GoT".  Second, I've heard from multiple people from different parts of my life go from "you should watch GoT" to "don't waste your time, they drove it into the ground and you will feel like the time you invested in catching up was a waste".  I had the same conversation with at 2 different parties this past weekend with multiple people agreeing with that sediment at both.  Kim Carnes saying "eff GoT" and my computer rough ridin' up and making it looked like Nuts Kicked agreed reminded me of it. 

My point was it seems like it's gone through the arc faster than any show I can remember that started as hyped as it did.  Most of the people that were telling me to watch it last summer are now telling me if I'm not going to read the book first, then don't waste my time because it gets boring and weird.

The second season has more fantasy stuff than the first. Maybe that is turning your friends off. :dunno:

It's still worth your time to catch up. Each season only has 10 episodes, so it's not like you would be devoting a large portion of your life to it or anything.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 31, 2012, 08:22:29 AM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: May 31, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »
Watched the latest GOT last night.  Was fantastic.  The "not well done" crowd is losing credibility.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: May 31, 2012, 11:12:51 AM »
More like Lame of Thrones.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: May 31, 2012, 11:42:22 AM »
Looks like I'm going to have to catch-up/watch GoT.  Should I read the book(s?) first?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: May 31, 2012, 11:53:07 AM »
Looks like I'm going to have to catch-up/watch GoT.  Should I read the book(s?) first?

Yes.  The books are rough ridin' fantastic.  They are like a graphically sexual and violent/Machievellian Lord of the Rings. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: May 31, 2012, 01:36:52 PM »

The books are very long, and the first book really is not much different than the first season. Season 2 has several key differences from the book, some of which don't make a whole lot of sense. The books are the better experience if you have the time. You can get by just watching the shows, though, and they don't require much of a time commitment.

Offline Komo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 31, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »
Painting show on KTWU
My name is KOMO

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: May 31, 2012, 03:30:21 PM »

always watch the show/movie first. ALWAYS. If you do it the other way around you will inevitably be a stupid bad person.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 31, 2012, 09:39:58 PM »
kstate douche on house hunters international in ghent belgium.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 31, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »
"she's given up some big sacrifices to move here."

dumbass.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: May 31, 2012, 10:13:37 PM »
stevesie does breaking bad get better because this first season has been slow as crap so far.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: May 31, 2012, 10:17:09 PM »
stevesie does breaking bad get better because this first season has been slow as crap so far.

ya i asked the same thing when i started watching it but it didn't get better so i quit watching.  different strokes for different folks, you know what i mean y-l-a?  oh well!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: May 31, 2012, 10:28:29 PM »

no.  it gets worse

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: May 31, 2012, 10:45:40 PM »
Breaking Bad is slow, but fantastic.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: June 01, 2012, 12:19:06 AM »
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.