Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1239823 times)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #12925 on: February 22, 2021, 09:42:41 AM »
Somebody wanna tell me how in the eff Woody Allen isn't in prison right now?
Rich white guy deeply connected in NY high society.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12926 on: February 22, 2021, 09:51:44 AM »
Rich white guy deeply connected in NY high society.

Nah, not acceptable. I was unaware that so many people knew about him raping his own daughter, it went way beyond he said, 5 year old she said.

This is one series I'm happy as hell no black people are in. They have all of these movie critics who like his stuff, even people our age and younger. I've never met anyone outside of NYC who finds that dude or his movies funny. Black folks in NYC also don't ride with him. His audience is so niche, I just don't get anything about him, his popularity, or the fact that he isn't getting his ass beat in sing sing.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12927 on: February 22, 2021, 01:46:46 PM »
I've enjoyed a couple of his movies.  Midnight in Paris comes to mind.  Blue Jasmine (?) was also fine.  Wasn't wild about them, but enjoyed them alright.

His older ones (e.g. Annie Hall) didn't really translate for me.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12928 on: February 22, 2021, 02:01:43 PM »
I think Annie Hall was great in that it inspired styles used in a lot of great, modern comedies.  Having seen a lot of those prior to Annie Hall, however, made it seem pretty ordinary.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12929 on: February 22, 2021, 02:04:18 PM »
I watched sleeper on the movie channel all the time as a kid and Annie hall is pretty good.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr. Fausto Rindón

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12930 on: February 22, 2021, 04:19:56 PM »
Same human shield protecting Polanski?  I remember Hollywood clamoring for (rationalizing) his release from charges a decade ago.

What a support group: https://www.indiewire.com/2009/09/over-100-in-film-community-sign-polanski-petition-55821/

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #12931 on: February 22, 2021, 04:37:23 PM »
Watched the first Ep of the Flight Attendant. Don't know yet. Got dark pretty quick and a bit silly. Mrs. SF wasn't that into it so we will see if we continue.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12932 on: February 22, 2021, 08:49:25 PM »
Watched the first Ep of the Flight Attendant. Don't know yet. Got dark pretty quick and a bit silly. Mrs. SF wasn't that into it so we will see if we continue.

I bailed after the first one.  Watching some stressed out anxious alcoholic gal make horrible decisions <> fun.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12933 on: February 22, 2021, 08:53:42 PM »

I bailed after the first one.  Watching some stressed out anxious alcoholic gal make horrible decisions <> fun.

I enjoyed it  :dubious:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12934 on: February 22, 2021, 08:56:00 PM »
It doesn’t have to be everybody’s Jam and I thought it got super corny. I was bored, so I hung in there.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12935 on: February 22, 2021, 10:47:43 PM »
@Gooch
Lady & The Dale has been great, this show is like a comet quickly burning brightly then just gone. I love that the plot twist happened one minute into the series. That television reporter might be the biggest sack of crap I've ever seen in a documentary who wasn't on Immigration Nation. I wonder if that dude has children and grandchildren that he embarrassed because he, 46 years later, still thinks being a bigot is hilarious. Or if he never had a wife and kids because he's a miserable dick bag that no one wanted to be around. Liz Carmichael is a pretty abhorrent person, but the producers do a great job using this news guy to distract how much of a crook she was. They're definitely glorifying one of the countries great criminal grifters. With the price point of that car, they definitely took advantage of people who didn't have a ton of money to just lose.

Have you watched episode four yet? The biggest revelation for me was who the reporter's son is.

SPOILER INCOMING

Yes, lol and the way the filmmaker weaved it was just perfect. Of course the biggest piece of crap in this documentary is the father of Tucker Carlson, I laughed my ass off.
Man, I’m only through two episodes, but it seems like so far Tucker’s dad is the good guy? Maybe I missed something
:adios:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12936 on: February 22, 2021, 11:10:15 PM »
On Ep. 7 of Your Honor. It's got good B. Cranston vibes. Big thanks to MIR and co. for stanning this one.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12937 on: February 22, 2021, 11:44:31 PM »
@Gooch
Lady & The Dale has been great, this show is like a comet quickly burning brightly then just gone. I love that the plot twist happened one minute into the series. That television reporter might be the biggest sack of crap I've ever seen in a documentary who wasn't on Immigration Nation. I wonder if that dude has children and grandchildren that he embarrassed because he, 46 years later, still thinks being a bigot is hilarious. Or if he never had a wife and kids because he's a miserable dick bag that no one wanted to be around. Liz Carmichael is a pretty abhorrent person, but the producers do a great job using this news guy to distract how much of a crook she was. They're definitely glorifying one of the countries great criminal grifters. With the price point of that car, they definitely took advantage of people who didn't have a ton of money to just lose.

Have you watched episode four yet? The biggest revelation for me was who the reporter's son is.

SPOILER INCOMING

Yes, lol and the way the filmmaker weaved it was just perfect. Of course the biggest piece of crap in this documentary is the father of Tucker Carlson, I laughed my ass off.
Man, I’m only through two episodes, but it seems like so far Tucker’s dad is the good guy? Maybe I missed something

HARD turn on episode 3, I legitimately thought they paid the dude to say wild crap until it was revealed who his son is in episode 4.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #12938 on: February 23, 2021, 03:53:13 AM »
I'm digging Snowpiercer show. I just took a little while to get over the voice of Thomas Jefferson

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12939 on: February 23, 2021, 07:50:53 AM »
On Ep. 7 of Your Honor. It's got good B. Cranston vibes. Big thanks to MIR and co. for stanning this one.
I fell asleep Sunday night on episodes 9 and 10. I'm going to have to catch up. That wacky Cranston is always getting himself into trouble.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12940 on: February 23, 2021, 08:13:00 AM »
I fell asleep Sunday night on episodes 9 and 10. I'm going to have to catch up. That wacky Cranston is always getting himself into trouble.

Apologies to you both for the impending disappointment.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12941 on: February 23, 2021, 08:16:33 AM »
 :cry:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12942 on: February 23, 2021, 09:25:13 AM »
I'm digging Snowpiercer show. I just took a little while to get over the voice of Thomas Jefferson

Have you seen the movie? I thought it was good but haven't tried the show.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12943 on: February 23, 2021, 12:38:58 PM »
EPI 2 TONIGHT  :billdance:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12944 on: February 23, 2021, 12:50:41 PM »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12945 on: February 23, 2021, 12:50:43 PM »
I think Schitt's Creek tried to pass off as american or at least not be explicitly Canadian.

And just spitballing but I bet a major reason they shoot in the summer in both of those shows because the weather is more predictable and consistent (and the schedules of the cast)

Trailer Park Boys is the same way.

And yes I agree with rusty that Schitt’s Creek kept the actual location of Schitt’s Creek fairly vague.  I don’t know that Canada was referenced at all throughout the series.

Oh yeah, I agree, I will say I can tell they do really hard to make it not be explicitly Canadian (but it's pretty easy to tell IMO it is) so that is fair, but there are definitely several Canadian things that sneak in due to the local
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12946 on: February 23, 2021, 12:56:17 PM »
I probably have 6 episodes left, and like normal I have a hard time "ending" a show, it's just something I don't like doing. I know it's just a story, and everything has to end but I really milk it.

I’m the same way. Ted Lasso is going to be really hard to end after just 3 seasons.

I recently went though the same with The Good Place, but they nailed the last few episodes so it wasn’t so bad.

The Good Place was the only one I didn't milk it as much coincidentally as I was fully taken by the balls with it but totes agree, probably one of the best ways to end that of show. Great show from start to finish.

I need to find a non apple tv way to get Ted Lasso, I enjoyed his character ever since it was an SNL skit.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12947 on: February 23, 2021, 01:15:47 PM »
The Good Place did a great job getting a number of seasons in what was a seemingly shallow premise.  The last line of the show kills me every time.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12948 on: February 23, 2021, 01:26:50 PM »
just started Jack Ryan.. kinda hard for me to take Jim serious

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12949 on: February 23, 2021, 02:27:42 PM »
Prepare your balls to be grabbed by an amazingly weird but true story of Mormon forgery, bombing, and murder!!

https://youtu.be/ViNNMQEW9fU