Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1239566 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #12775 on: February 04, 2021, 09:43:42 PM »
Joe Pera... How did I miss this show?  Genius stuff.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12776 on: February 04, 2021, 11:01:57 PM »
Joe Pera... How did I miss this show?  Genius stuff.
I don't know, chings. But I'm glad you found it.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12777 on: February 05, 2021, 09:04:50 AM »
Where can I watch it?  Been meaning to...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12778 on: February 05, 2021, 09:12:53 AM »
Where can I watch it?  Been meaning to...

Hulu

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #12779 on: February 05, 2021, 09:29:21 AM »
I'm watching in hbo max

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12780 on: February 05, 2021, 02:07:53 PM »
I seem to recall someone has mentioned it before...

Started watching Joe Pera Talks With you on HBO Max last night.  I find it oddly and satisfyingly entertaining.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #12781 on: February 05, 2021, 03:03:02 PM »
I seem to recall someone has mentioned it before...

Started watching Joe Pera Talks With you on HBO Max last night.  I find it oddly and satisfyingly entertaining.
Sorry passtheranch, I now acknowledge your suggestions and will follow you in the future.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12782 on: February 05, 2021, 06:24:11 PM »
I don't know if there is a piece of media that invokes so many beautiful emotions as How to with Joe Pera. It's hilarious, heartbreaking, uplifting, poignant, and just makes me glad to have experienced it. I watched a random episode this morning based on chings discussing it and I damn near cried with a smile on my face.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #12783 on: February 05, 2021, 06:31:22 PM »
You bust my chops, and I bust your lip.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 08:25:20 PM by Chingon »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12784 on: February 05, 2021, 08:23:40 PM »
I watched 6 episodes in a row after seeing these rav reviews, and I enjoyed it. I felt at peace.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12785 on: February 05, 2021, 08:41:45 PM »
Yeah, just started watching Joe Pera and LOL at this scene

https://youtu.be/PWLuqiFKU4g

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12786 on: February 05, 2021, 08:44:13 PM »
And the episode where he hears baba o'reilly for the first time is pure gold and reminded me of the first time I heard the song.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12787 on: February 05, 2021, 11:30:20 PM »
Lol at their trip to Milwaukee and them looking up at all the sky scrapers....reminded me of the first time I went to Chicago and my buddy said "you can tell they are tourists because they are always looking up"

Then this line "well, it is the most segregated city in the country...but they are doing neat things with buildings"

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12788 on: February 06, 2021, 08:45:10 AM »
Joe Pera has exploded into my awareness

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12789 on: February 06, 2021, 10:26:55 AM »
I've watched some joe pera standup and it was not for me

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12790 on: February 06, 2021, 02:05:47 PM »
after passranch posted about the show I googled it and just saw the dude.  I immediately know that i’m going to love it.  can’t wait

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12791 on: February 06, 2021, 02:14:11 PM »
I've watched some joe pera standup and it was not for me

I don't think that would mean you wouldn't like the show but it might! It's not a super jokey show

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12792 on: February 08, 2021, 12:07:57 PM »
@Gooch we have two finales next week. If you would have asked me 8 days ago if I'm more looking forward to the lady and the dale finale more than your honor, I would have called you a lunatic, but here we are.

10 episodes was too many for your honor. Episode 9 was really good but 6-8 could have very much been eliminated. I know we discussed this with Institutional Control but the son, woof. I've been spending the last few episodes hoping he gets killed off, yet he's still here. I don't know if you're streaming if they had this but the commercial at the end of this episode with the cast telling us how great the finale is has me thinking it might be trash, otherwise I can't figure out why Showtime did that instead of just playing the standard preview.

Lady & The Dale has been great, this show is like a comet quickly burning brightly then just gone. I love that the plot twist happened one minute into the series. That television reporter might be the biggest sack of crap I've ever seen in a documentary who wasn't on Immigration Nation. I wonder if that dude has children and grandchildren that he embarrassed because he, 46 years later, still thinks being a bigot is hilarious. Or if he never had a wife and kids because he's a miserable dick bag that no one wanted to be around. Liz Carmichael is a pretty abhorrent person, but the producers do a great job using this news guy to distract how much of a crook she was. They're definitely glorifying one of the countries great criminal grifters. With the price point of that car, they definitely took advantage of people who didn't have a ton of money to just lose.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12793 on: February 08, 2021, 01:15:12 PM »
IS ANYONE WATCHING TEMPTY @pissclams @Trim

It's on so late here that I usually don't get to catch up until the weekend, but goddamn what a treat that is.
I changed my mind.  I like Casey and Ashley now and I hope she doesn't F it up.  Especially because Deek and that other guy are such dorks.

LOL at other Ashley and her getting silverbacked by KB.  Serves her right.  I hope Slick Rick starts pelt hunting.

Katie (I think that's her name) has the most obnoxious voice in the world.  LOL at her younger lover cheating on her.  Serves her right after cheating on her ex husband.  David is a POS in his own right though.

Gavin and Esonica are going to make it imo.

Rick is doing things just right.

I didn't even realize there were 2 Ashleys.

David, wow!  I know what is being said here, but I prefer to read it as that he's lawyered up already. 

"Wish I could've given everyone the full version of events to set the record straight on what happened but unfortunately when lawyers get involved not much I can do," he posted to Instagram before listing off four key points.

https://www.ibtimes.com/temptation-island-david-reveals-truth-about-threesome-sam-payton-2858270

tempty s3 starts 2/16

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12794 on: February 08, 2021, 01:37:03 PM »
hell yeah.

one of my wife's friends and her bf are getting into tempty S1 right now and i'm really jealous that they get to experience the Evan/Casey saga (and big rope John) for the first time

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12795 on: February 08, 2021, 02:34:33 PM »
i've been on matched.com and ok cupid since season 2 finale trying to spark a relationship with someone who is willing to go on the show with me to test our relationship but it's tough to find anyone willing to do it.

i'm sure the producers are going to go BALLZ OUT in season 3.  premiering it 2 days after valentine's day is a great troll job by them

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12796 on: February 08, 2021, 04:31:07 PM »
@Gooch we have two finales next week. If you would have asked me 8 days ago if I'm more looking forward to the lady and the dale finale more than your honor, I would have called you a lunatic, but here we are.

10 episodes was too many for your honor. Episode 9 was really good but 6-8 could have very much been eliminated. I know we discussed this with Institutional Control but the son, woof. I've been spending the last few episodes hoping he gets killed off, yet he's still here. I don't know if you're streaming if they had this but the commercial at the end of this episode with the cast telling us how great the finale is has me thinking it might be trash, otherwise I can't figure out why Showtime did that instead of just playing the standard preview.

Lady & The Dale has been great, this show is like a comet quickly burning brightly then just gone. I love that the plot twist happened one minute into the series. That television reporter might be the biggest sack of crap I've ever seen in a documentary who wasn't on Immigration Nation. I wonder if that dude has children and grandchildren that he embarrassed because he, 46 years later, still thinks being a bigot is hilarious. Or if he never had a wife and kids because he's a miserable dick bag that no one wanted to be around. Liz Carmichael is a pretty abhorrent person, but the producers do a great job using this news guy to distract how much of a crook she was. They're definitely glorifying one of the countries great criminal grifters. With the price point of that car, they definitely took advantage of people who didn't have a ton of money to just lose.
Agreed. The kid banging the dead kids sister is completely unnecessary. They could have easily brought him into the ending much better. I missed the preview thing. I was already into the dvr'd 'sode of TLATD. I'm trying not to Google Carmichael and ruin the ending.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12797 on: February 08, 2021, 05:02:07 PM »
I don't think they had her immediately shoot someone presented as a lead character to make her likeable.

Yeah, this pissed me off.  I also didn't like how all of them were so "oh well" about it.

So I've been watching the original UK version of this and they don't do this (utopia) or even have the shot character in the story. Definitely seems to have been added in just for the shock value. Jessica Hyde is played fairly different as well.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 05:05:23 PM by star seed 7 »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12798 on: February 09, 2021, 08:56:14 AM »
i've been on matched.com and ok cupid since season 2 finale trying to spark a relationship with someone who is willing to go on the show with me to test our relationship but it's tough to find anyone willing to do it.

i'm sure the producers are going to go BALLZ OUT in season 3.  premiering it 2 days after valentine's day is a great troll job by them
I keep trying to get my wife to go on there with me but she thinks it'd be "bad for our relationship" pfft.

Honey, if we can survive temptation island, we can survive ANYTHING. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12799 on: February 11, 2021, 12:57:56 PM »
I was trying to figure out why George Costanza was trending on twitter. I watched this bitch 10 times straight.

https://twitter.com/bbbennyndajetss/status/1359901259696910340