Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261287 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #5425 on: April 01, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »
Game of Thrones this weekend. Who is hosting the watch party? (I don't have HBO)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: April 01, 2014, 01:53:34 PM »
Game of Thrones this weekend. Who is hosting the watch party? (I don't have HBO)

:Lurk:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: April 01, 2014, 01:54:45 PM »
still not okay with it. end the whole series with the umbrella scene and I am happy AF.

:Rusty:

The show wasn't about your happiness, sw. It was about Ted's.

the show was supposed to be about how Ted met the mother of his children you eff. Also he was pretty damn happy at the end of that scene.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: April 01, 2014, 01:55:31 PM »

:Lurk:

You nerds can watch it at casa de ERiI but you have to watch Cosmos first.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: April 01, 2014, 02:08:43 PM »
still not okay with it. end the whole series with the umbrella scene and I am happy AF.

the show was supposed to be about how Ted met the mother of his children you eff. Also he was pretty damn happy at the end of that scene.
The show was about Ted telling his kids how he met their mother. She had dies 6 years earlier. Why would he sit them down 6 years later? Oh, hey, I know, he wanted to tell them a long story where he talked about Aunt Robyn alot. He told them that story because he was ready to move on.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5430 on: April 01, 2014, 02:14:30 PM »

The show was about Ted telling his kids how he met their mother. She had dies 6 years earlier. Why would he sit them down 6 years later? Oh, hey, I know, he wanted to tell them a long story where he talked about Aunt Robyn alot. He told them that story because he was ready to move on.

Exactly.

Ted, as any parent would, loved his kids more than anyone or anything. I'm sure dating after the death of a spouse is difficult beyond belief. He wanted to assure to them that him dating Robin (or anyone else) did not take away from how much he loved their Mother.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: April 01, 2014, 02:36:53 PM »
I accidentally got a couple random spoilers last night...and was preparing for the worst. All in all, i'm OK with everything. I kind of understand why they didn't feature the mom more this season when their plan was to kill her. Seems like they could have unpacked this episode and spread it out better otherwise.

I think everyone can agree they messed up the Robin/Barney/Ted storyline....the show would have been better off going like 5 seasons. I mean, there's no way that group would have stayed together with all that drama. But I've always wanted Ted and Robin to end up together. and @ednksu, it's not that far of a stretch for a blue horn to be on a wall that long, imo.

Did the writers have this planned out the whole time? Were the kid actors the same as the first season, as in they filmed that back then?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: April 01, 2014, 02:40:53 PM »

Did the writers have this planned out the whole time? Were the kid actors the same as the first season, as in they filmed that back then?

The article I read on Grantland this morning said the scene with the kids was filmed during Season 2. The daughter is 27 now IRL.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/how-i-met-your-mother-series-finale/

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: April 01, 2014, 02:46:29 PM »

The article I read on Grantland this morning said the scene with the kids was filmed during Season 2. The daughter is 27 now IRL.

yeah, im just reading this...

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/series-finale-review-how-i-met-your-mother-last-forever-how-they-conned-us-all

Crazy now that i know the back story.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: April 01, 2014, 02:51:48 PM »
i had no idea so many people watched himym

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: April 01, 2014, 02:58:36 PM »
I should've guessed this blog was full of a buncha whiney teds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #5436 on: April 01, 2014, 03:05:44 PM »

Exactly.

Ted, as any parent would, loved his kids more than anyone or anything. I'm sure dating after the death of a spouse is difficult beyond belief. He wanted to assure to them that him dating Robin (or anyone else) did not take away from how much he loved their Mother.

This.

The other thing, too, was that she shared her story about Max and how she won the lottery with him, but then she asked him to move on so she could be happy.  A day later, she met Ted.

A couple of episodes later, Ted and the mother said they shared all of their stories with each other and were "an old married couple".  So, he knew about Max.

I firmly believe if Ted could have picked, he would have picked the mother.  I really do.  But she died young, and like she moved on from Max, he needed to move on.  It just so happened to be that the major love of his live, outside of his wife, regretted leaving him, and they could finally subside each other's loneliness together.

I guess I'm a little more understanding on this because his wife died appx. 11 years after they met, and my wife came down with cancer 11 years after we met.  I took that last scene pretty hard because of the parallels.  Had things turned out a different way for us, I would probably have been in Ted's shoes as a single guy with two kids.  So, I guess I can kind of relate to it in a way, and I understand it a little better.  I'd never love another woman as much as I love my wife, but I couldn't have lived the rest of my life by myself.  I know I couldn't have.  It would have been too depressing.

It's not meant to be a classic love story.  It was meant to be a real love story.  And the juxtaposition was the fact that Ted wanted this classic love, but life would never give that to him the way a hopeless romantic would want that.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: April 01, 2014, 03:07:38 PM »
This How I Met Your Mother show sounds awful. Just awful.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: April 01, 2014, 03:10:42 PM »
I should've guessed this blog was full of a buncha whiney teds

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: April 01, 2014, 03:12:17 PM »
the first couple season were pretty great. Wish it could have kept that going.
- chunkles

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #5440 on: April 01, 2014, 03:17:27 PM »

It was 2-3 seasons too long.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: April 01, 2014, 03:33:22 PM »

let's play have ya met tedwatanabe

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: April 01, 2014, 03:35:48 PM »
i had no idea so many people watched himym
I was surprised too, I feel like I've never once heard anyone ever talk about the show (Much less even seen it in initialism form HIMYM) but I its all everyone's talking about now that its over.

Also, i'm super pumped about GoT starting up again!!!!!  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: April 01, 2014, 03:47:02 PM »
Just finished The Sopranos. Very high highs, some pretty low lows. It was the first show that made you cheer for the bad guy, even though he didn't really have any redeeming qualities besides being a caring (not necessarily good) dad and at times caring for members of his mafia family. The moral dilemmas are the best I've ever seen. I know a lot of people were confused about/hated the ending, and a lot of it has to do with HBO and the actors' union not letting them ending it exactly the way they wanted to. If they would have been able to end it the way they wanted, it would have been one of the best series finales of all time. But instead, it's considered one of the worst.

Pls explain the actor guild and the alt ending thing.  The only stuff I have read is that the writer finished it exactly how he wanted to and that he wouldn't explain it to anyone because it basically provides for each of us to create our own alternate ending.  Anyway, would love to know how it was supposed to end.

I loved that show.  It is still my top two or three of all time.

All of you PaisanCats who have HBO can curl up on the couch with your goomar and watch the final episode of The Sopranos tonight.  Maybe we could go into chat while it's on or something.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: April 01, 2014, 06:43:18 PM »
Shameless just rocks. Continues to be the best show on television.

Is it even close? (Pro-tip: It's not)
I watched the last two weeks' episodes last night.

I was so relieved Lip didn't yell at "Fifi" (omg how cute was it when Liam called her that) in Shaboygan (sp?).  That was such a sweet conversation they had where Lip was all "you've done so much for us, etc."

They've done such a good job at subtly developing Debbie and Carl, who have taken a more prominent role in "growing up" the "Gallagher way."  Although, I'm afraid Carl is going to get into some serious trouble with the van girl.

I thought it was odd how Micky and Kevin reconciled so quickly -- one minute, Micky is ready to murder Kevin, the next minute, Kevin's rolling his eyes as Mickey destroys his bar.  Whatever.

I hope Mandy's abusive bf gets what's coming to him.

The Micky beating up his dad scene was well done.

I hope they address what's making Ian so weird.

They did something similar with Micky earlier in the series when Frank found out he was gay and he told Ian he was going to kill him. Then instead of killing him, he punches a cop so that he gets sent to prison. Boom, end of conflict. I figured they'd do some weird cop out with the feud with Kevin too. They did it just to address the gun thing I think, and give a better idea of how run down the town was supposed to be, and also address how Kevin is handling becoming a dad. But back to my original point, I think they are trying to make Micky seem really random, so that you don't know why he does the things he does. I'm okay with the idea, but they haven't done a great job keeping up with that. I loved, loved, loved his coming out scene. When him and Ian were sitting the car afterward all bloodied up.......man.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5445 on: April 01, 2014, 07:57:48 PM »
carson daily gets so excited when there's a Steal on the voice.  but is it really a steal?  no.  it's not.  it adam chooses guy A over guy B, then he's released guy B and that makes B a free agent.  not a steal, imo.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: April 01, 2014, 07:58:28 PM »

yeah, im just reading this...

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/series-finale-review-how-i-met-your-mother-last-forever-how-they-conned-us-all

Crazy now that i know the back story.

Alan Sepinwall is very, very good at what he does.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: April 01, 2014, 07:59:48 PM »
Finale was definitely better the 2nd time.
- chunkles

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: April 01, 2014, 08:26:15 PM »
Stevesie -- you mixed up mickey and ian's names in your post and it really threw me off. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: April 01, 2014, 09:02:23 PM »
I'm not rough ridin' you guys. Game of Arms is awesome.