Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261145 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #4825 on: February 16, 2014, 10:57:07 PM »
what is going on  :runaway:

just when we had idea of where this series was headed BOOM episode 5 is there so make us realize we are stupid and have no idea. wow!

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: February 16, 2014, 10:58:58 PM »
what is going on  :runaway:

just when we had idea of where this series was headed BOOM episode 5 is there so make us realize we are stupid and have no idea. wow!

You guys talking about True Detective I assume?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: February 16, 2014, 11:00:18 PM »
So glad I didn't jump off the bandwagon after 2 episodes like some dork

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: February 16, 2014, 11:04:03 PM »
yes true detective.

SPOILER ALERT

i mean, the suspect gets his head blown off within ten minutes of the fifth episode? i did not see that coming. took a totally different turn.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: February 16, 2014, 11:14:23 PM »
yes true detective.

SPOILER ALERT

i mean, the suspect gets his head blown off within ten minutes of the fifth episode? i did not see that coming. took a totally different turn.

SPOILER ALERT

that was so rough ridin' great
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4830 on: February 16, 2014, 11:19:27 PM »
yes true detective.

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

that was so rough ridin' great

I'm still very curious as to what triggered him to do that.  Did I miss something?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: February 16, 2014, 11:20:54 PM »
He opened the trailer and found those kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: February 16, 2014, 11:40:27 PM »
Holy rough ridin' crap S2E1 of House of Cards :runaway:

:horrorsurprise:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: February 16, 2014, 11:44:10 PM »

Well yeah I got that part, but he was already cuffed and on the ground.  Seems weird to just snap and kill your #1 suspect who is already in your custody leaving you to cover your tracks over a kneejerk emotional reaction.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: February 17, 2014, 12:03:20 AM »

Well yeah I got that part, but he was already cuffed and on the ground.  Seems weird to just snap and kill your #1 suspect who is already in your custody leaving you to cover your tracks over a kneejerk emotional reaction.

i bet a lot of fathers of young girls would make the same snap decision

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #4835 on: February 17, 2014, 05:04:54 AM »
House of Cards? If i start watching on Netflix, will I get sucked in and will it become a daily thing?
I started S1 last night. Looks fun.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: February 17, 2014, 05:12:40 AM »
True Detective has flashes of brilliance, but overall this season of Shameless has been better than True Detective.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: February 17, 2014, 08:30:07 AM »
Holy rough ridin' crap S2E1 of House of Cards :runaway:

:horrorsurprise:

rough ridin' stupid. ive lost interest now... up to ep4, will keep watching but im not happy about this.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: February 17, 2014, 01:31:15 PM »
True Detective has flashes of brilliance, but overall this season of Shameless has been better than True Detective.

:lol:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: February 17, 2014, 01:52:54 PM »
After watching House of Cards S02E01, here are my thoughts (spoilers):

I've never been more conflicted about whether I liked a show or not. The biggest flaw is that they did not make the jump from realistic to unrealistic well at all. I'm fine with a political show being unrealistic, but they did the first 8 episodes in a manner that the viewer could really believe that this is house DC worked. The relationships and mentality seemed so spot on in that sense. But then they started killing people, and that didn't sit well with me. If they would have started out doing crap like that it would have been fine, but from starting up a car with a congressman in it to pushing a writer in front of a train, give me a break.

I do still think the relationships that the politicians have with each other are interesting, and I love watching manipulation used in this show, and the desire for power in all forms. Not to mention Kevin Spacey is one of the best actors in Hollywood today. Seriously, he's got to be top 5 when you look at his entire career. Oh man, and when Frank finally addressed the audience again at the end of the first episode, how great was that?

I'll keep watching because of the good things, and I will more than likely enjoy it. But this show will never be more than an afterthought because of the jump from believability to outright ridiculousness.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: February 17, 2014, 01:59:03 PM »

I've never been more conflicted about whether I liked a show or not. The biggest flaw is that they did not make the jump from realistic to unrealistic well at all. I'm fine with a political show being unrealistic, but they did the first 8 episodes in a manner that the viewer could really believe that this is house DC worked. The relationships and mentality seemed so spot on in that sense. But then they started killing people, and that didn't sit well with me. If they would have started out doing crap like that it would have been fine, but from starting up a car with a congressman in it to pushing a writer in front of a train, give me a break.

I do still think the relationships that the politicians have with each other are interesting, and I love watching manipulation used in this show, and the desire for power in all forms. Not to mention Kevin Spacey is one of the best actors in Hollywood today. Seriously, he's got to be top 5 when you look at his entire career. Oh man, and when Frank finally addressed the audience again at the end of the first episode, how great was that?

I'll keep watching because of the good things, and I will more than likely enjoy it. But this show will never be more than an afterthought because of the jump from believability to outright ridiculousness.

more spoilers!

zooey was one of the main characters and her involvement with frank was the best story line. killing her really made me lose interest, and its gotta be because kate mara just cost too much money, right? i mean... they couldn't have wrote that into the story. no way.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: February 17, 2014, 02:00:05 PM »
Yeah, I meant to mention that her relationship with Underwood was one of the most interesting parts of season 1.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: February 17, 2014, 02:05:13 PM »
Yeah, I meant to mention that her relationship with Underwood was one of the most interesting parts of season 1.

weird because she was on the red carpet promoting HoC and stuff. like she knew she was going to die. i want to know what happened. theres no way they killed zoe, they killed kate mara.  :frown:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: February 17, 2014, 02:14:43 PM »
I've never been more conflicted about whether I liked a show or not. The biggest flaw is that they did not make the jump from realistic to unrealistic well at all. I'm fine with a drug show being unrealistic, but they did the first bunch of episodes in a manner that the viewer could really believe that this is how drug dealing worked. The relationships and mentality seemed so spot on in that sense. But then they started killing people, and that didn't sit well with me. If they would have started out doing crap like that it would have been fine, but from murdering a crazy drug dealer in the desert to jet liners colliding in midair, give me a break.

I do still think the relationships that the drug dealers have with each other are interesting, and I love watching manipulation used in this show, and the desire for power in all forms. Not to mention Bryan Cranston is one of the best actors in Hollywood today. Seriously, he's got to be top 5 when you look at his time on Malcolm in the Middle. Oh man, and when Walt spent an entire episode hunting for a fly, how great was that?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4845 on: February 17, 2014, 02:16:15 PM »
They killed a guy in the first episode of Breaking bad. And then again in the third. So they set the precedent from the get go.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: February 17, 2014, 02:36:51 PM »
killing people is realistic stevesie. airplanes exploding over albuquerque in a show about a drug dealer?  :lol:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: February 17, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »

more spoilers!

zooey was one of the main characters and her involvement with frank was the best story line. killing her really made me lose interest, and its gotta be because kate mara just cost too much money, right? i mean... they couldn't have wrote that into the story. no way.

the Zoe character was also killed off at this point in the original British series.   Nothing to do with money or Mara.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: February 17, 2014, 02:41:41 PM »
killing people is realistic stevesie. airplanes exploding over albuquerque in a show about a drug dealer?  :lol:

It established itself as being unrealistic from the beginning. Like poisoning people by throwing stuff in a skillet, having a body fall through a bathtub, and throwing a tiny piece of chemical materiel down and having a room explode. Not to mention going on a ride-along with a DEA agent who's busting down a meth lab. It did not set out to be The Wire, and that was obvious from the very beginning.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: February 17, 2014, 02:44:02 PM »
someone watch don't trust the bitch in apt 23 and tell me if you also like it.. I think its a sort of spinoff of new girl that stevesie could get behind