Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261244 times)

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #4700 on: February 05, 2014, 02:35:17 PM »
FWIW, the first episode or two of Breaking Bad were awful too

theyre not awful by any means and they grabbed just about anyone who watched by the balls/vag. but hey, if you want to compare a show which switches actors every 8 episodes after the first 3 episodes to one of the greatest television shows of all time go right ahead. im sure you wont look stupid at all, guy who tweets how amazing newsrooms season finale was. your HBOner is really something else...

Anyone who says they thought Breaking Bad was even close to what it became after the first season, let alone the first 3 episodes, is a goddamned liar.  Sure, the breaking up of the action in TD has made for a slow start, and there are a lot of story lines to digest.  But if the ending of episode 3 didn't at least peak your interest for the rest of the season, then go watch the Two Broke Girls or something, because big boy TV just isn't your thing.

im not saying anyone thought breaking bad was going to be great after the first 3 episodes, im saying its way too early for you to be comparing true detective to it. by bringing up breaking bad into the conversation basically youre saying since the first 3 episodes of true detective are better (in your opinion- you also think newsroom is incredible) that the show will be better. I mean gmafb, breaking bad?  :lol:

for the record, I hardly ever watch a show until its gotten a second or third season. I gave true detective a shot because it has two very good actors in it. im sure that's what most of you did as well, because no one has heard of the writer before. sure, its on hbo, and maybe that's a little more of why I gave it a shot, but holy crap its boring. its slow, and the only thing ive wanted to see more of is woodys mistress' gronkzongas. everyone will jump off this fad as soon as woody and matt leave, which is after the first season, for some reason. just hope this season ends before newsroom s3 starts back up so you don't have any bad hbo show withdrawal.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: February 05, 2014, 02:42:09 PM »
everyone will jump off this fad as soon as woody and matt leave, which is after the first season, for some reason.

this is a valid opinion, i hope they bring in studs to replace them. i also can see why you would think it is boring, i just really don't. i love the jumping back and forth between the interviews and investigation, and yes, the acting is a huge part of it. so we'll see.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: February 05, 2014, 02:43:05 PM »

theyre not awful by any means and they grabbed just about anyone who watched by the balls/vag. but hey, if you want to compare a show which switches actors every 8 episodes after the first 3 episodes to one of the greatest television shows of all time go right ahead. im sure you wont look stupid at all, guy who tweets how amazing newsrooms season finale was. your HBOner is really something else...

Anyone who says they thought Breaking Bad was even close to what it became after the first season, let alone the first 3 episodes, is a goddamned liar.  Sure, the breaking up of the action in TD has made for a slow start, and there are a lot of story lines to digest.  But if the ending of episode 3 didn't at least peak your interest for the rest of the season, then go watch the Two Broke Girls or something, because big boy TV just isn't your thing.

im not saying anyone thought breaking bad was going to be great after the first 3 episodes, im saying its way too early for you to be comparing true detective to it. by bringing up breaking bad into the conversation basically youre saying since the first 3 episodes of true detective are better (in your opinion- you also think newsroom is incredible) that the show will be better. I mean gmafb, breaking bad?  :lol:

for the record, I hardly ever watch a show until its gotten a second or third season. I gave true detective a shot because it has two very good actors in it. im sure that's what most of you did as well, because no one has heard of the writer before. sure, its on hbo, and maybe that's a little more of why I gave it a shot, but holy crap its boring. its slow, and the only thing ive wanted to see more of is woodys mistress' gronkzongas. everyone will jump off this fad as soon as woody and matt leave, which is after the first season, for some reason. just hope this season ends before newsroom s3 starts back up so you don't have any bad hbo show withdrawal.

A.) You made the Breaking Bad comparison

B.) You were a huge Newsroom fan when I lived with you

C.) We agree on the gronkzongas

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: February 05, 2014, 02:51:17 PM »

A- nope. you brought it up by saying this:

B- didn't even finish the first season, watched the first 6 or so episodes because jeff daniels and hbo. ill watch the first few epis of true detective for the same reasons. its just not grabbing me by the balls.

C-  :cheers:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: February 05, 2014, 02:56:58 PM »

A- nope. you brought it up by saying this:

watched the first three episodes of True Detective last night.

if breaking bad grabbed my balls, true detective is tickling my ankles.

Oh.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: February 05, 2014, 02:58:44 PM »
oh crap

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: February 05, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
scale of ball grabbing, not show quality :dunno:

pretty different shows, wasn't comparing them in that way. just explaining how not grabbed my balls are.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: February 05, 2014, 04:01:53 PM »
Btk is a confirmed tv dumbass
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: February 05, 2014, 04:04:56 PM »
is weird that i have no idea where "ball grabbing" and "ankle tickling" land on a scale of 1-10. like one is better than the other? they're both twos? one is a two and one is an eight? but which one? just bizarre.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: February 05, 2014, 04:14:12 PM »
Ball grabbing is the ideal here.  So if a show is great it has grabbed vice-like on the balls whereas the farther away from the balls and the less substantial the contact that would be a worse show.  I think that is the premise of this thread's rating scale. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4710 on: February 05, 2014, 04:20:19 PM »
What if btk had said butthole tickling instead of ankles, where does that rank?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: February 05, 2014, 04:31:08 PM »
that's belly button licking. that's titty twister interesting. that show is a god damn chin rubbing son of a bitch.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: February 05, 2014, 04:35:23 PM »
What if btk had said butthole tickling instead of ankles, where does that rank?

Pretty close to the balls there.  The manner of physical contact is still lessened.  Like maybe if you changed it to jamming a finger home then that's a pretty damn good show by the rules of this thread.  Still as is that's a solid program I would think.  You definitely have an interest in it, but you're not completely sold.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: February 05, 2014, 04:35:49 PM »
It's knocking on the door of your balls.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: February 05, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »
that's belly button licking. that's titty twister interesting. that show is a god damn chin rubbing son of a bitch.

It's imprecise to be sure. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: February 05, 2014, 04:37:19 PM »
scale of 1-7, btw. that's how my scales work. if you want me to explain to you where tickling ankles ranks on the 7 point scale of ball grabbing, I will.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: February 05, 2014, 04:38:14 PM »

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: February 05, 2014, 05:31:24 PM »
So what about taint tickling? Its dangerously close to the balls, but significantly less "contact". Where is that on the scale?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: February 06, 2014, 04:17:19 AM »
Oh man, EMAWmeister and BTK both raise good points, but I don't think either of you quite hit it yet. By far, the only reason this show is good is because of McConaughay. Even Harrelson has left more to be desired. The writer said that he thought this show had 3 acts, and the end of the third episode was the end of the first act. That is very intriguing. I personally like that you can't put a finger on exactly who these guys are. That makes them very real. I also think the writing is good, and they planned on being able to keep people's attention past the third episode because of the cast and the amount they advertised it. But at this point, it has done much for me besides build up a bunch of potential. And they had better do something pretty great with that potential. I think they will.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: February 06, 2014, 08:38:17 AM »
Oh man, EMAWmeister and BTK both raise good points, but I don't think either of you quite hit it yet. By far, the only reason this show is good is because of McConaughay. Even Harrelson has left more to be desired. The writer said that he thought this show had 3 acts, and the end of the third episode was the end of the first act. That is very intriguing. I personally like that you can't put a finger on exactly who these guys are. That makes them very real. I also think the writing is good, and they planned on being able to keep people's attention past the third episode because of the cast and the amount they advertised it. But at this point, it has done much for me besides build up a bunch of potential. And they had better do something pretty great with that potential. I think they will.

Straight to the bottom!  BTK is an idiot who knows nothing ftw!
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: February 06, 2014, 08:41:12 AM »
 TV shows are meant to be 20 some minutes long the +40 min shows especially drama are too long and are tough to hold people's interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: February 06, 2014, 01:06:27 PM »
TV shows are meant to be 20 some minutes long the +40 min shows especially drama are too long and are tough to hold people's interest

You and your mtv generation, smdh  :facepalm:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: February 06, 2014, 01:52:49 PM »
i watched the first 'sode of TD and thought it was snoozeville.  NEXT.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: February 06, 2014, 01:55:30 PM »
i watched the first 'sode of TD and thought it was snoozeville.  NEXT.

Aren't you the guy that called Breaking Bad boring? Yeah, lol, I'm all ears to hear your opinion on TV shows. lol, I mean my God, they just let anyone in this thread, don't they?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: February 06, 2014, 02:13:39 PM »

You and your mtv generation, smdh  :facepalm:
35 minutes of "character devolpment" and 5 minutes of actual stuff going on.. WooHoo!