Author Topic: All K-State Team Since 2006  (Read 15231 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: All K-State Team Since 2006
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2014, 11:23:16 AM »

team cartier over bill and rod

this team confuses the F out of me. I can wrap my mind around Jake over Beaz because some people think with their hearts and their hearts are dumb, but Cartier isn't even in the same gym as Bill or Rod.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2014, 11:24:01 AM »

team cartier over bill and rod

this team confuses the F out of me. I can wrap my mind around Jake over Beaz because some people think with their hearts and their hearts are dumb, but Cartier isn't even in the same gym as Bill or Rod.

Cartier > Rod (not Bill)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2014, 11:27:51 AM »
Alright, who ya got?

Team A
1 Jacob Pullen
2 Rodney McGruder
3 Jamar Samuels
4 Bill Walker
5 Jordan Henriquez
b Angel Rodriguez
b David Hoskins

Team B
1 Denis Clemente
2 Marcus Foster
3 Cartier Martin
4 Michael Beasley
5 Curtis Kelly
b Dominique Sutton
b Wally Judge

B in a landslide

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2014, 11:28:53 AM »
Michael Beasley is the best college basketball player I have ever watched.   Glen Robinson, Danny Manning, and Kevin Durant are right there.  But, Mike is the best I have ever watched.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2014, 11:29:21 AM »
I can tell that I'm alone on the Jake > Mike argument. Just saying that I value a four year career and countless big shots in big games over one one year of filling up the boxscore.

#TeamJacob   :D

Did you watch Beasley play when he was at K-State? tia

I watched all 33 games that year, including the 12 we lost. Statistically better, but not the guy I'd want with the ball with the game on the line.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2014, 11:29:35 AM »
I can tell that I'm alone on the Jake > Mike argument. Just saying that I value a four year career and countless big shots in big games over one one year of filling up the boxscore.

I totally understand loving Jake more and appreciating his career at K-State more than Mike's (Not saying this is me) but B-Easy...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGV_wGpupbM
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2014, 11:31:31 AM »
I watched all 33 games that year, including the 12 we lost. Statistically better, but not the guy I'd want with the ball with the game on the line.

Why wouldn't you want someone who made almost everything he looked at within 20 feet?  And, if he did miss, he's going to get his own put  back?

Jesus, they guy was the deadliest shooter who has ever played on that floor.

Offline Johnny Thunderbone

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2014, 11:32:05 AM »
I absolutely loved the way Hoskins played in 2007 and was absolutely crushed that his knee got hurt and he could not play with Mike and Bill in 2008.  I just don't have the heart to leave him off the team.  I would take a 2007 Hoskins any time, anywhere.  Ever since then whenever I shoot baskets at the rec or anywhere else I pretend that I am Hoskins making game-winners left and right.

Totally agree. We would have been AMAZING in 2008 if Hoskins hadn't gotten hurt.

Heartbreaking. Had he been cleared to play he would be in the conversation for top 10 all-time. His assist numbers would have been through the roof with his ability to drive and dish/feed from the high post having Bill and Mike there for wraparounds/oops. He would have slotted nicely at the 3 having those two there as well, and wouldn't have been completely undersized against every opponent he faced. That's a top 5 what-might-have-been moment alongside Merriwether's foul at the end of the Xavier game. I still genuinely believe we could have had ourselves a NC that year if we weren't dead against Butler. Just a bunch of JMHOs for ya.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2014, 11:32:13 AM »

I don't think you remember them really well if you think anyone has ever played in a KSU Cat jersey is better than Beaz. It's okay it was a while ago.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2014, 11:32:21 AM »

I totally understand loving Jake more and appreciating his career at K-State more than Mike's (Not saying this is me) but B-Easy...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGV_wGpupbM

Agreed.  Two completely different conversations. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2014, 11:32:48 AM »

"Okay, dumbass"

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2014, 11:36:36 AM »
If we need a bucket, there's no one in the history of Kansas State Purple Cats University Basketball that I would rather have the ball than B-Easy.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2014, 11:38:27 AM »
Beasley is the best player I have ever watched in a K-State uniform, and will likely be the best player I ever see in a K-State uniform in my life. His offensive efficiency and rebounding are like video game numbers. If he hadn't been on a total transition team with little real experience around him or had stayed for a 2nd season he would've led K-State to a Final 4. I'm convinced of that.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2014, 11:38:40 AM »

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2014, 11:40:46 AM »
Beasley is the best player I have ever watched in a K-State uniform, and will likely be the best player I ever see in a K-State uniform in my life. His offensive efficiency and rebounding are like video game numbers. If he hadn't been on a total transition team with little real experience around him or had stayed for a 2nd season he would've led K-State to a Final 4. I'm convinced of that.

This makes my heart weep.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »
If we need a bucket, there's no one in the history of Kansas State Purple Cats University Basketball that I would rather have the ball than B-Easy.

I recall Mike making one game winner in 07-08... It was a layup at OU that my guy Jake created.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2014, 11:44:03 AM »

I recall Mike making one game winner in 07-08... It was a layup at OU that my guy Jake created.

Yes, but Jake was on the best K-State TEAM of my lifetime. He was a big part, but he had really good (and experienced) players around him. Beasley did not.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2014, 11:47:35 AM »
I'm putting the team together based on what I'd want to do/see and not necessarily who was best.

Angel
Pullen
McGruder
Beasley
JO

Bench:
Denis
Foster
Walker
Cartier
Gipson

Final three on the roster: Kelly, Hoskins, Sleeveless Will (not sleeved Will)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2014, 11:48:16 AM »
Michael Beasley (26.2 PPG, 12.4 RPG, 53.2 FG%) was the best college basketball player since 2000 in my opinion.  I'd put Durant at 2 (25.8 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 47.3 FG%), and Stephen Curry a somewhat distant 3 (25.3 PPG, 46.6 FG%, 87.5 FT%)...no one else is even close.

So, if you think anyone else who ever played at KSU is anywhere close to Beasley, then I think you are a rough ridin' fool.

I had forgotten just how ridiculous his numbers were, especially his rebounding numbers.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2014, 11:50:43 AM »
Tough to include Bill but say Foster hasn't done enough yet. (Smart folks include both)

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=bill-walker&i=1&p1=marcus-foster

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2014, 11:51:36 AM »

Yes, but Jake was on the best K-State TEAM of my lifetime. He was a big part, but he had really good (and experienced) players around him. Beasley did not.

He didn't his senior year. That 10-11 team had several underclassmen playing a lot of minutes.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2014, 11:53:09 AM »
Michael Beasley (26.2 PPG, 12.4 RPG, 53.2 FG%) was the best college basketball player since 2000 in my opinion.  I'd put Durant at 2 (25.8 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 47.3 FG%), and Stephen Curry a somewhat distant 3 (25.3 PPG, 46.6 FG%, 87.5 FT%)...no one else is even close.

So, if you think anyone else who ever played at KSU is anywhere close to Beasley, then I think you are a rough ridin' fool.

I had forgotten just how ridiculous his numbers were, especially his rebounding numbers.

Remember when he broke the K-State rebounds record in his first game as a Cat? Good times.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2014, 11:53:43 AM »

He didn't his senior year. That 10-11 team had several underclassmen playing a lot of minutes.

No one agrees with you and you are making terrible arguments

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2014, 11:54:50 AM »

Yeah, and they lost in the 2nd round to Wisconsin. Like Beasley.