Author Topic: All K-State Team Since 2006  (Read 15330 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Re: All K-State Team Since 2006
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »
If we need a bucket, there's no one in the history of Kansas State Purple Cats University Basketball that I would rather have the ball than B-Easy.

I recall Mike making one game winner in 07-08... It was a layup at OU that my guy Jake created.

Yes, but Jake was on the best K-State TEAM of my lifetime. He was a big part, but he had really good (and experienced) players around him. Beasley did not.

He didn't his senior year. That 10-11 team had several underclassmen playing a lot of minutes.

No one agrees with you and you are making terrible arguments

:thumbsup:

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2014, 11:58:13 AM »
Jake is my favorite Wildcat of all time.  Anyone that would pick him ahead of Beas is rough ridin' high tho.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2014, 11:59:48 AM »
Foster is really impressive since he is the pretty clear option #1 on this team:

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=rodney-mcgruder&i=1&p1=marcus-foster&p2=bill-walker

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2014, 12:02:31 PM »
Foster is really impressive since he is the pretty clear option #1 on this team:

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=rodney-mcgruder&i=1&p1=marcus-foster&p2=bill-walker

Good comparisons. Foster has been great.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2014, 12:03:32 PM »
Jake carried Frank for 4 years too. That has to be worth something, right?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2014, 12:04:09 PM »
Jake carried Frank for 4 years too. That has to be worth something, right?

Yes but he's not better than Beasley. Just stop.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2014, 12:05:12 PM »
TownieCat is putting up a fight when most people would of bowed out. I got respect.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2014, 12:09:05 PM »

Good comparisons. Foster has been great.

check it out when you add cartier. this is why im team cartier>bill and rod
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2014, 12:10:39 PM »
Bill was playing with the best player ever to put on a KSU Cat jersey and still got his and was awesome. Cartier was the best guy on some not good teams.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2014, 12:14:18 PM »
TownieCat is putting up a fight when most people would of bowed out. I got respect.

I have no respect for people that confidently cling to terrible, stupid arguments. I mean, do you respect Fred Phelps for putting up a fight when most would have given up? Townie Cat is the Fred Phelps of the All KState Team since 2006 selectors.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2014, 12:15:10 PM »

I have no respect for people that confidently cling to terrible, stupid arguments. I mean, do you respect Fred Phelps for putting up a fight? Townie Cat is the Fred Phelps of the All KState Team since 2006 selectors.

hmm never thought of it like this. sorry no more respect TownieCat in no circumstances can I have respect for the Fred Phelps of anything.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2014, 12:17:54 PM »

I have no respect for people that confidently cling to terrible, stupid arguments. I mean, do you respect Fred Phelps for putting up a fight when most would have given up? Townie Cat is the Fred Phelps of the All KState Team since 2006 selectors.

Agree to disagree on the Jake vs Mike discussion, but there is no doubt that michigancat has the two worst posts in this thread.

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2014, 12:30:36 PM »
Bob Boozer  1957,58,59 seasons
44%    FG
75.4% FT
10.7    Rpg
21.9    Ppg   his career scoring average is 2nd behind Beasley (K-State All time)  Only 77 games compared to Pullen's 135

Big 7 Championship in 58
Big 8 Championship in 59
Holiday Tournament Championship in 59 season
Final Four in 58
Regional Final in 59

He attended Kansas State University, where he helped lead the Wildcats to the 1958 Final Four[2] and where he received All-America honors in 1958 and 1959. A versatile 6’ 8” forward, he was selected by the Cincinnati Royals with the first non-territorial pick of the 1959 NBA Draft, but he postponed his NBA career for one year so that he could remain eligible to play in the 1960 Summer Olympics.[3] During that year he played with the Peoria Caterpillars, where he won the National AAU Tournament title and earned MVP honors for the tournament.[4]

He won a gold medal with the Olympic team after they won eight games by an average of 42.4 points. The team was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010.[3][5]

:ksu:
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2014, 12:31:46 PM »
Bob Boozer  1957,58,59 seasons
44%    FG
75.4% FT
10.7    Rpg
21.9    Ppg   his career scoring average is 2nd behind Beasley (K-State All time)  Only 77 games compared to Pullen's 135

Big 7 Championship in 58
Big 8 Championship in 59
Holiday Tournament Championship in 59 season
Final Four in 58
Regional Final in 59

He attended Kansas State University, where he helped lead the Wildcats to the 1958 Final Four[2] and where he received All-America honors in 1958 and 1959. A versatile 6’ 8” forward, he was selected by the Cincinnati Royals with the first non-territorial pick of the 1959 NBA Draft, but he postponed his NBA career for one year so that he could remain eligible to play in the 1960 Summer Olympics.[3] During that year he played with the Peoria Caterpillars, where he won the National AAU Tournament title and earned MVP honors for the tournament.[4]

He won a gold medal with the Olympic team after they won eight games by an average of 42.4 points. The team was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010.[3][5]

:ksu:

Read the thread title.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2014, 12:34:48 PM »
I guess it depends on what you are looking for. Do we want the five greatest KSU Cats? The five that would win the most games? Are they the same guys? I don't think so, and I'll go with the second option.

PF: Michael Beasley - He's the best, take any 5 you want and replace one guy with Mike and you get a better five.
F: Bill Walker - Henry gets discounted, because of Beasley, but he was a monster. Played harder than he got credit for and was a good inside/ out scorer and rebounder.
G/F: Rodney McGruder - Defender, great rebounder for his size, you wouldn't need to run plays for Rodney on this team and he would still clean up and get his own.
G: Jacob Pullen - You can't have this team w/ out Jake. Scorer, defender, soul of the team. A fearless leader.
G: Angel Rodriguez - Too bad we won't get to see Angel in top form as a Cat. Still, with a team that can fill it up like this one we need a guy who can distribute and Angel is better, imo, than Denis. Also a better defender. Cats really haven't had the best run of PGs, probably what kept us as good instead of great.

Bench:
Denis
Curt
Cartier
Hoskins
JO

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2014, 12:35:28 PM »
Foster will be there eventually.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2014, 01:00:42 PM »
team denis>angel every day of the week
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2014, 01:25:13 PM »

Yes, absolutely

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2014, 01:25:30 PM »

lol

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2014, 01:41:09 PM »
It amazes me how much people have forgotten about Beasley and Walker. In 07-08, we had the best player in college basketball, and most of the time we had the top 2 players on the court. They were truly remarkable talents, especially considering Walker had knee issues.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2014, 02:26:24 PM »

Yes, absolutely

I cling to that stretch of games last year where Angel was playing at an unreal level.

Not that Denis wasn't very, very good, but that ten game stretch (or whatever it was) of Angel's was amazing.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2014, 02:30:22 PM »
michigancat made a great point regarding Walker. Marcus is having a better year than Walker did, albeit with less amazing dunks, yet most are content leaving Marcus off their list. So I'd say Jake and Beas are the only locks.

Also, TownieCat, what in the world?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »
Yeah, I'm moving Marcus up to 2nd team

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2014, 02:37:40 PM »
michigancat made a great point regarding Walker. Marcus is having a better year than Walker did, albeit with less amazing dunks, yet most are content leaving Marcus off their list. So I'd say Jake and Beas are the only locks.

Also, TownieCat, what in the world?

I think several have misinterpreted my argument for Jake being #1 as me not valuing what Mike did. No one will ever put up numbers like Mike did, but Pullen was a much better leader and winner.

I'm must glad the argument is about who is better between these two as opposed to who is better: Larry Reid or Jeremiah Massey?