Author Topic: Responsible gun owner protects personal property  (Read 118026 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Responsible gun owner protects personal property
« Reply #1050 on: May 07, 2020, 08:20:17 PM »

Good. At first I thought it was a police dash cam and the shooter was an officer and was thinking "that seems unnecessary, but also, don't fight a cop with a gun." When I found out the shooter was just some rando? Yeah, that needs to be tried by the system.
going to guess that arbery wasn't a jogger and that this will be a manslaughter

Why do you guess that?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 07, 2020, 08:25:44 PM »

Good. At first I thought it was a police dash cam and the shooter was an officer and was thinking "that seems unnecessary, but also, don't fight a cop with a gun." When I found out the shooter was just some rando? Yeah, that needs to be tried by the system.

Why do you guess that?
just a hunch based on the way it's been handled and reported.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 09:49:42 PM by bubbles4ksu »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 07, 2020, 10:05:18 PM »
Wasn't the shooter an ex-cop, or maybe the son was the shooter and the dad/other racist an ex-cop?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 07, 2020, 10:22:05 PM »
Wasn't the shooter an ex-cop, or maybe the son was the shooter and the dad/other racist an ex-cop?
why the racist label?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 07, 2020, 10:48:52 PM »
why the racist label?

My assumption.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 07, 2020, 10:58:44 PM »

Why do you guess that?

What exactly are you talking about? It's been handled and reported that he was jogging. Why the eff else would anyone be running down the street in the middle of the day in a t-shirt, shorts, running shoes, and nothing else on his person. The guys who shot him didn't even tell the police that they saw him doing anything wrong.

eff. We can't even go jogging without white people suspecting we're up to no good. Already equivocating for these racists.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 07, 2020, 10:58:54 PM »
why the racist label?

My assumption.
in this instance, i agree. it's certainly looks like some dudes playing vigilante, there's a video showing it. i still think people should be slower passing judgment. personally, i got burned by the michael brown case. i'd probably be a more woke person if i hadn't been lied to so much about what happened there. it was kind of painful and could be avoided if social and professional media didn't urge us to scream "racist".

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 07, 2020, 11:05:04 PM »
why the racist label?

My assumption.
in this instance, i agree. it's certainly looks like some dudes playing vigilante, there's a video showing it. i still think people should be slower passing judgment. personally, i got burned by the michael brown case. i'd probably be a more woke person if i hadn't been lied to so much about what happened there. it was kind of painful and could be avoided if social and professional media didn't urge us to scream "racist".

Because the Mike Brown story still has some ambiguity you can take any black guy getting shot on camera at face value? You seem to be giving these guys more grace than they gave themselves when they gave their report. Did you just see the video and choose not to read anything else about this? The shooters account is public, you don't have to use the media as a shield for your skepticism.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 07, 2020, 11:06:26 PM »

Why do you guess that?

What exactly are you talking about? It's been handled and reported that he was jogging. Why the eff else would anyone be running down the street in the middle of the day in a t-shirt, shorts, running shoes, and nothing else on his person. The guys who shot him didn't even tell the police that they saw him doing anything wrong.

eff. We can't even go jogging without white people suspecting we're up to no good. Already equivocating for these racists.
idk man, we'll see.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 07, 2020, 11:08:34 PM »
So did you read what they reportedly said on the police report or not?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 07, 2020, 11:11:19 PM »
Stand your ground laws really need to be changed so that you actually need to be standing your ground. The idea of pursuing an unarmed man and then shooting him in self defense is ludicrous, regardless of any other facts.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 07, 2020, 11:15:21 PM »
Stand your ground laws really need to be changed so that you actually need to be standing your ground. The idea of pursuing an unarmed man and then shooting him in self defense is ludicrous, regardless of any other facts.
very confident that it's against the law to pursue someone in defense of someone else's property and apply lethal force. that has nothing to do with stand your ground law.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 07, 2020, 11:17:10 PM »

This isn't even a stand your ground case, they said they were trying to make a citizen's arrest. You can't claim to be protecting yourself when you admit to being the aggressor. I hold no illusions that these three men, all three of them should be charged, not just the father/son, will spend another day in jail after they make their $25,000 bond.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 07, 2020, 11:21:39 PM »
What makes this different from George Zimmerman?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: May 07, 2020, 11:24:27 PM »
George looks a lot better than these guys. You can hardly say that you had to make a citizen's arrest if you have time to record someone.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 07, 2020, 11:27:30 PM »

Absolutely. If by your actions you instigate the event that is on you, not the other way around (which IDK how the law is necessarily written but that would seem to be the intent, that the action has to be done upon you). Obviously that's not how this went down, but Ahmaud in this exact situation would have had the right to stand his ground, he was just minding his own business and then was being pursued. The guy pursuing has zero right to self defense/stand your ground laws even if Ahmaud strikes back because he was the one causing the situation to happen.

Maybe those racist assholes assumed the best self defense was a self offense.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 07, 2020, 11:28:22 PM »

In actuality, nothing. Legally the Florida slimeball immediately told the police he was threatened, even though he initiated the engagement. The Georgia racists initiated the attack, never stated they were threatened, and we see Ahmaud Arbery on camera trying to get away from them and they didn't let him.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 07, 2020, 11:33:05 PM »
The DA said he had some mental health issues or something?  It's sad that Arbery didn't just run away from them or stop.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 07, 2020, 11:44:25 PM »

Why do you guess that?

A white girl got killed in my neighborhood while jogging last year. Was that a race motivated murder? Are you about to equivocate for that racist?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 07, 2020, 11:46:44 PM »

Why do you guess that?

A white girl got killed in my neighborhood while jogging last year. Was that a race motivated murder? Are you about to equivocate for that racist?

Difference is, a lot of people's initial thought prob wasn't, "well, what was she doing? what prompted dude to kill her," which is definitely the case most times black dudes are killed by cops... or in this case ex-cops and their sons.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 07, 2020, 11:47:22 PM »
The DA said he had some mental health issues or something?  It's sad that Arbery didn't just run away from them or stop.

What the eff? What's happening here, am I being punked?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 07, 2020, 11:48:15 PM »

Why do you guess that?

What were the circumstances of her death, what was the result for the perp?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 07, 2020, 11:53:24 PM »

What the eff? What's happening here, am I being punked?
He'd probably still be alive and maybe have a great civil suit if he'd just been like wtf guys

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 07, 2020, 11:56:12 PM »

Why do you guess that?

What were the circumstances of her death, what was the result for the perp?
she was jogging around twilight and got stabbed in the jugular, bled around for a bit but the local business were already closed and she died. perp got 30 years