Author Topic: Responsible gun owner protects personal property  (Read 121139 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Responsible gun owner protects personal property
« Reply #1100 on: May 08, 2020, 09:24:50 AM »
Chick gets raped... I mean, how was she dressed? Prob kinda slutty.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: May 08, 2020, 09:36:08 AM »
I have a cousin who is a cop and hardline Blue Lives Matter'r and he thinks the Nashville cop shouldn't have been charged. He's a real independent thinker, I appreciate that.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 08, 2020, 09:40:02 AM »
https://www.bet.com/news/national/2020/05/07/trump-s-response-to-arbery-shooting.html

Trump From article

Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office on Thursday (May 7),(Trump) offered condolences to Arbery's family. "My heart goes out to the parents and to the loved ones of the young gentleman. It's a very sad thing."

Trump said he was expecting a full report on what happened but seemed to imply the tape doesn't tell the whole story.  "If you saw, things went off tape and then back on tape. But it was a troubling, I mean to anyone that watched it, certainly it was a disturbing or troubling video. No question about that,” he said.

As far as what comes next in the case, Trump said he trusts those handling the case. "They have very good law enforcement in the state of Georgia," he said, "and I am sure they are going to come up with exactly what happened."

Biden from same article:
Former vice president and current Democratic candidate for president Joe Biden tweeted about Arbery's murder on Tuesday, shortly after video of the killing was released. "The video is clear: Ahmaud Arbery was killed in cold blood. My heart goes out to his family, who deserve justice and deserve it now. It is time for a swift, full, and transparent investigation into his murder," he wrote.

On a second look I do think Trump's statements are pretty measured, which they should be. Interesting juxtaposition to Biden. Why does Biden's statement seem insincere?

I do think it's terrible that when black people (and other people) are killed (especially) by cops a lot of people (me included) initially wonder "what was the black dude doing."

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 08, 2020, 09:47:05 AM »
https://www.bet.com/news/national/2020/05/07/trump-s-response-to-arbery-shooting.html

On a second look I do think Trump's statements are pretty measured, which they should be. Interesting juxtaposition to Biden. I do think it's terrible that when black people (and other people) are killed (especially) by cops a lot of people (me included) initially wonder "what was the black dude doing."

Uh, that's exactly what trump did and his response is in line with exactly other statements he's made of this nature, real both sides have good people type crap. I don't know what you guys expected him to say that he gets even a sliver of credit for leading his statement with essentially "well he probably did something, what else would cause those men to do that."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 08, 2020, 09:55:17 AM »

On a second look I do think Trump's statements are pretty measured, which they should be. Interesting juxtaposition to Biden. I do think it's terrible that when black people (and other people) are killed (especially) by cops a lot of people (me included) initially wonder "what was the black dude doing."

Uh, that's exactly what trump did and his response is in line with exactly other statements he's made of this nature, real both sides have good people type crap. I don't know what you guys expected him to say that he gets even a sliver of credit for leading his statement with essentially "well he probably did something, what else would cause those men to do that."

I'm trying to formulate what i think would be the perfect response from Trump or any politician type, but I think I'd rather hear it from you, cuz you prob have better perspective.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 08, 2020, 09:58:53 AM »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 08, 2020, 10:04:38 AM »
Two rough ridin' months

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 08, 2020, 10:05:25 AM »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: May 08, 2020, 10:40:52 AM »
Here's Biden's response.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1257876833581912065

I'm sure I'll get some blowback from this, but whatever. I don't really like the idea of the President (any President) commenting publicly on active criminal cases. Makes it harder for the justice system to serve its purpose.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 08, 2020, 10:44:42 AM »
Here's Biden's response.

I'm sure I'll get some blowback from this, but whatever. I don't really like the idea of the President (any President) commenting publicly on active criminal cases. Makes it harder for the justice system to serve its purpose.

Yeah it's almost like the President has powers beyond what is constitutionally defined. huh.

But yeah, a simple "anytime someone is killed, it's tragic, no further comment" seems entirely reasonable.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 08, 2020, 10:47:06 AM »

I'm trying to formulate what i think would be the perfect response from Trump or any politician type, but I think I'd rather hear it from you, cuz you prob have better perspective.

Honestly I'd be fine with a terse answer. While I think everyone is entitled to an opinion, I think Trump and Biden's opinions come with broader consequences. They should only offer an opinion if asked, and when they do it should be something to the effect of "my heart goes out to the family of Ahmaud Arbury, his life was cut far too short..." trump could/should add at the end, "the department of justice will be available to assist if called upon." Biden could just finish with something to the effect of "I trust the investigation into his death will be handled properly and justice will be doled out if the investigation deems it necessary."

Both Biden and Trump have dubious records on gun violence and social justice, so their words amount to clout chasing and they don't mean anything to me.

Remember when white people lost their rough ridin' minds when Obama said the Cambridge police acted stupidly for arresting Henry Louis Gates for "breaking into" his own house? LOL

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 08, 2020, 11:13:57 AM »

Honestly I'd be fine with a terse answer. While I think everyone is entitled to an opinion, I think Trump and Biden's opinions come with broader consequences. They should only offer an opinion if asked, and when they do it should be something to the effect of "my heart goes out to the family of Ahmaud Arbury, his life was cut far too short..." trump could/should add at the end, "the department of justice will be available to assist if called upon." Biden could just finish with something to the effect of "I trust the investigation into his death will be handled properly and justice will be doled out if the investigation deems it necessary."

Both Biden and Trump have dubious records on gun violence and social justice, so their words amount to clout chasing and they don't mean anything to me.

Remember when white people lost their rough ridin' minds when Obama said the Cambridge police acted stupidly for arresting Henry Louis Gates for "breaking into" his own house? LOL

Thanks man. I def feel like Biden's crap is clout chasing. It reminded me of the dem debates when all the candidates were one-upping each other about how much black people liked them. it was really weird and phony AF. Trump's comments are always weird to me. It's almost like he knows what's up, but he doesn't want to piss off the MAGAs by being anti cop.

Edit: I kinda remember the Gates uproar. I imagine it was mostly just partisan con/lib stuff, but def a lot of the conservatives all pissed off were racially motivated as well.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 08, 2020, 11:16:44 AM »
You think trump "knows what's up?" Read up on trump and the central park five. He doesn't know what's up about anything, he's rough ridin' crazy and contradicts himself nearly every time he opens his mouth.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 08, 2020, 11:18:24 AM »
Here's Biden's response.

Yeah it's almost like the President has powers beyond what is constitutionally defined. huh.

But yeah, a simple "anytime someone is killed, it's tragic, no further comment" seems entirely reasonable.

I dunno man. I feel like a loud minority, would be pissed at the lack of a stand. I also know that the cable news outlets on either side would feed into the hysteria.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 08, 2020, 11:21:15 AM »
Good news, to paraphrase my guy, former prosecutor and Congress Person Trey Gowdy:  The Grand Jury is (was) a farce, arrest (now arrested), charge (now charged), prosecute, the defendants can make their case in front of a jury of their peers in criminal court.

Pretty much what I said a few days ago.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 08, 2020, 11:25:31 AM »
Here's Biden's response.

I dunno man. I feel like a loud minority, would be pissed at the lack of a stand. I also know that the cable news outlets on either side would feed into the hysteria.

You actually don't know the cable news outlets would do that. People are going to be pissed either way, that's not how you lead. I'm guessing most people don't care what trump has to say about this. His supporters would be perfectly fine with him saying nothing and his detractors don't trust him to not both sides it up, which is precisely what he did.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 08, 2020, 11:35:22 AM »
You think trump "knows what's up?" Read up on trump and the central park five. He doesn't know what's up about anything, he's rough ridin' crazy and contradicts himself nearly every time he opens his mouth.

Oh crap, yeah. I watched the whole doc. and remember reading about it in high school. I had a buddy that was way into the central park 5 and the West Memphis 3. I rescind.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 08, 2020, 11:40:21 AM »
Here's Biden's response.

You actually don't know the cable news outlets would do that. People are going to be pissed either way, that's not how you lead. I'm guessing most people don't care what trump has to say about this. His supporters would be perfectly fine with him saying nothing and his detractors don't trust him to not both sides it up, which is precisely what he did.

You're right. I don't know. But I believe they do. I did create a lot of news shows during the 2016 race and controversy is good for ratings.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 08, 2020, 11:46:45 AM »
Good news, to paraphrase my guy, former prosecutor and Congress Person Trey Gowdy:  The Grand Jury is (was) a farce, arrest (now arrested), charge (now charged), prosecute, the defendants can make their case in front of a jury of their peers in criminal court.

Wait, is Trey Gowdy irl your guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 08, 2020, 12:08:44 PM »

Wait, is Trey Gowdy irl your guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irl guffaw when I read that. Totally on brand to be dax's guy lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: May 08, 2020, 12:10:16 PM »
Also my guy Dan Carlin is absolutely destroying people on Twitter about rushing to defend these murderers
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 08, 2020, 12:42:59 PM »
Also my guy Dan Carlin is absolutely destroying people on Twitter about rushing to defend these murderers
Dan's explanation of the Rodney King event/response was a significant point in my intellectual progression.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 08, 2020, 12:52:01 PM »
Has anybody posted or read this yet? It's the second prosecutor's explanation for why he didn't think the McMichaels should be charged. It's  :sdeek: