Author Topic: Responsible gun owner protects personal property  (Read 120718 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Responsible gun owner protects personal property
« Reply #1025 on: May 05, 2020, 08:55:32 PM »
It's always going to be the problem because people like you always want it to be the problem.

I make comments on here based on the beliefs and policies of individuals, not the color of their skin.

Give it try sometime.

There's lots of injustices in this world MIR covering all races, greeds, colors, sexes and orientation

https://twitter.com/AttorneyCrump/status/1257725176541741059

https://twitter.com/Georgia_NAACP/status/1257421772154175488

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 05, 2020, 09:07:50 PM »
i made it all day without watching that video and i'm not going to eff that up now.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 05, 2020, 09:58:43 PM »
It's always going to be the problem because people like you always want it to be the problem.

I make comments on here based on the beliefs and policies of individuals, not the color of their skin.

Give it try sometime.

There's lots of injustices in this world MIR covering all races, greeds, colors, sexes and orientation

Those people need to be arrested and convicted to the fullest extent of the law.   The SAG needs to step in if that DA doesn't do it, or the Feds.

We live on a planet of what?  7 billion people?   I can assure you that was not the lone act of horrible violence against a human being perpetrated that day or the day before, or the day after and every day before that day or since that day.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 05, 2020, 10:00:14 PM »
i made it all day without watching that video and i'm not going to eff that up now.
I'd suggest most people watch it but you're already pretty anti-gun

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 05, 2020, 10:01:57 PM »

Give it try sometime.

Those people need to be arrested and convicted to the fullest extent of the law.   The SAG needs to step in if that DA doesn't do it, or the Feds.

We live on a planet of what?  7 billion people?   I can assure you that was not the lone act of horrible violence against a human being perpetrated that day or the day before, or the day after and every day before that day or since that day.

You tried to dance around the point, didn't though.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 05, 2020, 10:20:47 PM »

Give it try sometime.

Translation:  I'm not going to play MIR's Bullshit games and he (as usual) doesn't like it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 05, 2020, 10:22:16 PM »
What We Know About the Shooting Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Mr. Arbery, a 25-year-old black man, was chased by armed white residents of a South Georgia neighborhood. He was shot dead during a confrontation.
May 5, 2020, 4:01 p.m. ET

ATLANTA — In more typical times, the shooting death of an unarmed black man by a white man would have drawn widespread attention. Over the years, similar cases have shaken communities and spurred nationwide social justice protests.

But with much of the nation on lockdown because of the coronavirus, and the possibilities for mass protests constrained,  friends and family members of the black man who was killed, Ahmaud Arbery, said they worried that his death would go unnoticed and that no one would be held to account.

In recent days, Mr. Arbery’s death has raised questions about racial profiling, Georgia’s self-defense laws and the wisdom of citizen policing. Two prosecutors have recused themselves, citing conflicts of interest, and the case is now being looked at with fresh eyes by a third prosecutor in a county about an hour’s drive away.

This is what we know — and don’t know — about the case:

Who was Ahmaud Arbery?
Mr. Arbery, 25, was a former high school football standout who was living with his mother in coastal Glynn County, Ga., outside of the small city of Brunswick, Ga.  He was shot dead in a suburban neighborhood called Satilla Shores. Friends and family said he liked to stay in good shape, and he was often seen jogging in and around his  neighborhood.

On Sunday, Feb. 23, shortly after 1 p.m., he was killed in a neighborhood a short jog from his home after being confronted by a white man and his son.

How was he killed?
Mr. Arbery was running in the Satilla Shores neighborhood when a man standing in his front yard saw him go by. The man, Gregory McMichael, 64, thought Mr. Arbery looked like a man suspected of several break-ins in the area and called to his son, Travis McMichael, 34.

ADVERTISEMENT

Continue reading the main story

According to a police report, the men grabbed a .357 magnum and a shotgun, got into a pickup truck and chased Mr. Arbery, trying unsuccessfully to cut him off. A third man was also involved in the pursuit, according to the police report and other documents.

Police report detailing the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery
 6 pages, 0.72 MB
In a recording of a 911 call, which appears to have been made moments before the chase began, a neighbor told a dispatcher that a black man was inside a house that was under construction on the McMichaels’ block.

During the chase, the McMichaels yelled, “Stop, stop, we want to talk to you,” according to Gregory McMichael’s account in the police report. They then pulled up to Mr. Arbery, and Travis McMichael got out of the truck with the shotgun.

“[Gregory] McMichael stated the unidentified male began to violently attack Travis and the two men then started fighting over the shotgun at which point Travis fired a shot and then a second later there was a second shot,” the report states.

The police report and other documents obtained by The New York Times do not indicate that Mr. Arbery was armed.

Gregory McMichael is a former Glynn County police officer and a former investigator with the local district attorney’s office who retired last May. Neither he nor his son has been arrested or charged.

Why has no one been arrested?
Shortly after the shooting, the prosecutor for the Brunswick judicial district recused herself because Gregory McMichael had worked in her office.

The case was sent to George E. Barnhill, the district attorney in Waycross, Ga., who eventually recused himself from the case after Mr. Arbery’s mother argued that he had a conflict because his son also works for the Brunswick district attorney.

But before he relinquished the case, Mr. Barnhill argued in a letter obtained by The Times that there was not sufficient probable cause to arrest Mr. Arbery’s pursuers. In the letter, Mr. Barnhill noted that the McMichaels were legally carrying their firearms under Georgia’s open carry law. He said the pursuers were within their rights to pursue what he called “a burglary suspect,” and cited a state law that states, “A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge.”

Mr. Barnhill also argued that if Mr. Arbery attacked Travis McMichael, Mr. McMichael was “allowed to use deadly force to protect himself” under Georgia law.

What do Mr. Arbery’s defenders say?
Mr. Barnhill wrote, in his letter, that Mr. Arbery had mental health issues, though he does not elaborate on this point, and that he had prior convictions. Court records show that Mr. Arbery was convicted of shoplifting and of violating probation in 2018. Five years earlier, according to The Brunswick News, he was indicted on charges that he took a handgun to a high school basketball game.

Those details, Mr. Barnhill argued, “help explain his apparent aggressive nature and his possible thought pattern to attack an armed man.”

Mr. Arbery’s defenders believe he was probably jogging through the neighborhood for exercise. Michael J. Moore, an Atlanta lawyer who formerly served as a U.S. attorney in Georgia, reviewed Mr. Barnhill’s letter to the Glynn County Police Department, as well as the initial police report, at the request of The Times. In an email, Mr. Moore called Mr. Barnhill’s opinion “flawed.”

In his view, Mr. Moore said, the McMichaels appeared to be the aggressors in the confrontation, and such aggressors were not justified in using force under Georgia’s self-defense laws. “The law does not allow a group of people to form an armed posse and chase down an unarmed person who they believe might have possibly been the perpetrator of a past crime,” Mr. Moore wrote.

What happens next?
After Mr. Barnhill recused himself, the state attorney general’s office assigned the case to a third prosecutor, Tom Durden, who is based in Hinesville, Ga. Mr. Durden must now decide whether to present the case to a grand jury.

In a recent interview with The Times, Mr. Durden said he would be looking at the case with fresh eyes. “We don’t know anything about the case,” he said. “We don’t have any preconceived idea about it.”

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 05, 2020, 10:26:35 PM »

Give it try sometime.

Translation:  I'm not going to play MIR's Bullshit games and he (as usual) doesn't like it.

There is no scenario in which two persons of color can pull over their vehicle, shoot a white jogger with a shotgun, report it, and avoid immediately arrested because they tell the police that the white boy fits the description of someone breaking into houses, which incidentally were never reported to the police.

You know this, I know that you know it, and everyone reading this does too. Your colorblind society is a rough ridin' joke.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 05, 2020, 10:35:01 PM »

Give it try sometime.

There is no scenario in which two persons of color can pull over their vehicle, shoot a white jogger with a shotgun, report it, and avoid immediately arrested because they tell the police that the white boy fits the description of someone breaking into houses, which incidentally were never reported to the police.

You know this, I know that you know it, and everyone reading this does too. Your colorblind society is a rough ridin' joke.

It's good to know that you're so up to speed on every violent crime committed in the United States.

I don't recall saying there was color blind society either, but you keep tossing those straw men out there . . . as usual.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 05, 2020, 10:41:52 PM »
Dax, do you at least admit that MIR is right when he said this?

It’s a simple yes or no answer, don’t bother with your typical mealymouthed horseshit where you avoid answering a straightforward question by instead posing a bunch of bogus rhetorical questions. Just answer the question yes or no. Is MIR right about what I quoted above?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: May 05, 2020, 10:44:11 PM »

It’s a simple yes or no answer, don’t bother with your typical mealymouthed horseshit where you avoid answering a straightforward question by instead posing a bunch of bogus rhetorical questions. Just answer the question yes or no. Is MIR right about what I quoted above?

Here comes Stalker Skinny the Stockholm Syndrome Laden Gimp in the box trying to pile on.

No surprise there.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 05, 2020, 10:48:29 PM »

Here comes Stalker Skinny the Stockholm Syndrome Laden Gimp in the box trying to pile on.

No surprise there.

Another sweet answer from dax!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 05, 2020, 10:55:47 PM »
SkiBen just make a creative q Anon name on twitter. Post a few random truths. Invite Dax as a friend.

Then do whatever someone with full admin access would do.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 05, 2020, 11:01:24 PM »
Now we just need Chin to make it a Trifecta of Stalker Boys.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 05, 2020, 11:02:50 PM »
What would someone with full admin access do?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 05, 2020, 11:07:17 PM »

Why not just answer the question directly and succinctly, man?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 05, 2020, 11:10:31 PM »

Why not just answer the question directly and succinctly, man?

Answer with a definitive yes or no on a purely hypothetical question?  No thanks.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 06, 2020, 10:10:39 AM »
You and I both know it’s really not hypothetical at all to anyone who follows news regularly.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 06, 2020, 10:13:12 AM »
You and I both know it’s really not hypothetical at all to anyone who follows news regularly.

Why are 98% of your posts in this forum in response to me SkinnyStalker?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 06, 2020, 07:41:22 PM »
Because this blog is dying and the Birther Pit is literally the only thing anyone posts on anymore? And because you constantly post insane crap?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 06, 2020, 09:11:27 PM »
Fox News just owns SD's entire mental state of being.

SMDH

Sad

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Responsible gun owner protects personal property
« Reply #1047 on: May 07, 2020, 07:32:49 PM »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 07:39:13 PM by steve dave »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 07, 2020, 07:44:39 PM »
Good. At first I thought it was a police dash cam and the shooter was an officer and was thinking "that seems unnecessary, but also, don't fight a cop with a gun." When I found out the shooter was just some rando? Yeah, that needs to be tried by the system.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 07, 2020, 08:04:13 PM »
Good. At first I thought it was a police dash cam and the shooter was an officer and was thinking "that seems unnecessary, but also, don't fight a cop with a gun." When I found out the shooter was just some rando? Yeah, that needs to be tried by the system.
going to guess that arbery wasn't a jogger and that this will be a manslaughter