Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 657529 times)

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10900 on: September 21, 2023, 01:49:57 PM »
After watching our old, slow ass team again last night, feel dumb for renewing my tickets again.

If Miami comes here next year, you can probably make a chunk of that back.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10901 on: September 21, 2023, 10:03:54 PM »
I think we'll be fine next year. The defense getting restructured is a must.

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: September 23, 2023, 08:07:14 PM »
 Good so far
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10903 on: October 24, 2023, 11:19:31 AM »
Playoffs!

I took my nephews (8 and 9 years old) to the game Saturday in the Cauldron and they had an absolute blast.  I'm excited to head back tomorrow and hopefully get a shot at STL after.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: October 24, 2023, 12:52:03 PM »
weather looks like it could be crap and the 8:30 start blows, but i'll be there with my daughter

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10905 on: October 24, 2023, 06:01:32 PM »
Good for SKC

I had completely written this year off a long time ago and quit paying attention.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10906 on: October 24, 2023, 11:23:42 PM »
I'll go to the Sunday afternoon match against crap louis on the 5th

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: October 25, 2023, 09:25:47 AM »
Also, I know that apple tv is the partner.  Do all games require a plan or are there free games?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: October 25, 2023, 10:08:47 AM »
there would be some free ones scattered throughout the season, but guessing not for the playoffs

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10909 on: October 25, 2023, 10:09:07 AM »
I will be in the Cauldron for the first time ever tonight  :ksu: Any tips for a first timer? We plan to get there early to grab something in the Budweiser Brewhouse then head out to stand and yell. If they win tonight I will most definitely be trying to go to the next match.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: October 25, 2023, 10:20:08 AM »
I will be in the Cauldron for the first time ever tonight  :ksu: Any tips for a first timer? We plan to get there early to grab something in the Budweiser Brewhouse then head out to stand and yell. If they win tonight I will most definitely be trying to go to the next match.

Everyone holds the good seats with scarves so bring something if you want to try that.  Watch for suits serving beer at the outdoor concessions in front of the brewhouse which means free beer

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: October 25, 2023, 10:27:51 AM »

Everyone holds the good seats with scarves so bring something if you want to try that.  Watch for suits serving beer at the outdoor concessions in front of the brewhouse which means free beer
I am not a Cauldron member this year but could see myself signing up just for the no ticket fees next year. This will be my third match this year.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: October 25, 2023, 10:55:07 AM »

I am not a Cauldron member this year but could see myself signing up just for the no ticket fees next year. This will be my third match this year.

That's what I do.  The tailgates have free drinks if you hit those.  The open practices are really cool although this year they did them on weekdays in October.  I want to take my nephews to them and let them get autographs.  It pays for itself with 4 tickets.  I don't think I'll hit enough weekday games generally to do season tickets.

I think I know who you are and will try to say hi if I see you there.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: October 25, 2023, 11:43:32 AM »
with the new apple deal, there are not many weekday matches, outside of open cup/leagues

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: October 25, 2023, 12:13:25 PM »
with the new apple deal, there are not many weekday matches, outside of open cup/leagues

I went from watching every game to watching zero games.  But i'm not a big enough fan to buy apple tv+ or whatever.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10915 on: October 25, 2023, 01:11:54 PM »
there would be some free ones scattered throughout the season, but guessing not for the playoffs

Weirdly enough the wild card matches tonight don't appear to be free, but the rest of the playoff matches are free and a fair amount of them will also be on Fox/FS1

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: October 25, 2023, 05:56:09 PM »

Weirdly enough the wild card matches tonight don't appear to be free, but the rest of the playoff matches are free and a fair amount of them will also be on Fox/FS1
Good to know. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: October 26, 2023, 08:07:58 AM »
Great game last night everyone! PK's were wild as I have never seen that before in person. Looking forward to having STL in town but the road ahead seems tougher than it has been.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10918 on: October 26, 2023, 08:32:31 AM »
St. Louis is going to kill us Sunday.  Our guys were already gassed last night, another quick turnaround for our geriatric squad. 

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: October 26, 2023, 08:33:31 AM »
We do love to give up goals in St Louis

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10920 on: October 26, 2023, 08:38:24 AM »
dominating the game but it's 0-0, tim melia stopping penalties, i mean last night had all the elements of a classic sporting game

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: October 26, 2023, 08:39:15 AM »
somebody play the role of explaining best of 3 to me like you think it's a good idea

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: October 26, 2023, 08:42:27 AM »
somebody play the role of explaining best of 3 to me like you think it's a good idea

The whole MLS playoff system is rough ridin' dumb this year BUT the plan seems to have been to give every team a home playoff game.  To keep a decided advantage for the top teams, they did best of 3 and did it in the first rough ridin' round.

I also think that MLS believes Americans can't understand how a 2 game playoff home and away works.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: October 26, 2023, 08:47:34 AM »
yeah best of 3 with pk's each game if needed is a really dumb way to go about it.  conceivably st louis could beat us 5-0 sunday, we could turnaround the following game and win a 0-0 draw in pk's, and then turn around with another 0-0 draw, win in pk's, and advance without scoring a goal in open play vs 5 for st louis in that scenario.  pretty hilarious and just us soccer trying to appeal to non soccer fans i guess.  just play the home and home with aggregate scoring.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: October 26, 2023, 08:50:46 AM »
Were they really getting negative feedback on the 2 game aggregate series? Who was clamoring for this? V annoying but omg now I absolutely do hope we advance with a 5-0 goal deficit