Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 654986 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10925 on: October 26, 2023, 08:56:35 AM »
not sure on that.  i get with a 3 game series it gives more of an advantage to the teams with the better reg season record, but you could still just end games in draws/use aggregate scoring and just use pk's in game 3 if needed. 

i have no idea why san jose was content to play for pk's the entire game last night.  it led to a boring game and like i said, our guys looked tired, and cade cowell was running around our guys left and right.  Hoppe was a clown all night, glad the weather was great/didn't rain.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10926 on: October 26, 2023, 09:08:25 AM »
i admit to mostly tuning out after the horrific start to the season, so bear with me here but jake davis looks like a stud. also a real gut punch to find out he was born when i was in high school

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: October 26, 2023, 09:12:38 AM »
I thought he was really timid at first (during that horrific start) and then started to build confidence/get more aggressive.  He's been great.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: October 26, 2023, 09:47:04 AM »
not sure on that.  i get with a 3 game series it gives more of an advantage to the teams with the better reg season record, but you could still just end games in draws/use aggregate scoring and just use pk's in game 3 if needed. 

i have no idea why san jose was content to play for pk's the entire game last night.  it led to a boring game and like i said, our guys looked tired, and cade cowell was running around our guys left and right.  Hoppe was a clown all night, glad the weather was great/didn't rain.
It is more money for the teams and league this is not complicated

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: October 26, 2023, 09:51:48 AM »
thanks, the money aspect never crossed my mind

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: October 26, 2023, 10:44:16 AM »
Sporting has been the best in the west since May, they are going to crush STL hopes and dreams.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: October 26, 2023, 12:34:35 PM »
I would like to see it happen, we'll see. But super pumped with the win last night
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: October 26, 2023, 01:03:58 PM »
pulido had one really good chance right in front of goal in the 1st half, but he took one too many touches and lost the ball instead. hopefully he and everyone else plays yolo ball on sunday night. i would love it

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: October 26, 2023, 01:41:15 PM »
pulido was not good, his pk was embarassing

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: October 26, 2023, 01:46:29 PM »
pulido was not good, his pk was embarassing

it was extremely lol. i hope all the people who don't have apple tv following along on the mls app get to see it somehow

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10935 on: October 26, 2023, 03:51:46 PM »
Last night, we also played on opposite ends in each half than typical.  The second half was in front of the supporters section which I don't recall seeing before (could be wrong).  I didn't know if they decide that differently in the playoffs vs the regular season or I've just been to a string of games that the opponent has won the coinflip.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10936 on: October 27, 2023, 09:43:26 AM »
MLS didn't get rid of the 2 match aggregate because their fans didn't understand it, most MLS fans are also European football fans, they got rid of it because the first legs were absolutely dreadful.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10937 on: October 29, 2023, 10:05:18 PM »
Holy crap

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10939 on: October 29, 2023, 10:45:57 PM »
 :lol:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10940 on: October 30, 2023, 09:27:25 AM »
The game on Sunday is going to be bananas.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10941 on: November 05, 2023, 05:42:37 PM »
This team

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10942 on: November 05, 2023, 08:25:05 PM »
Crazy! They’re hot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10943 on: November 05, 2023, 08:33:56 PM »
Sad there are no more home matches, hoping to celebrate MLS Cup in KC Live.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10944 on: November 06, 2023, 09:34:36 AM »
I've taken two different sets of nephews to games in the cauldron in the last month, ages 8-13.  All had the absolute best time.  Yesterday they got their scarves autographed on player walkthroughs, got seats right by the corner to heckle corner kicks, and snagged a flag to wave.  I highly recommend it (if you're comfortable exposing kids that age to more than a little swearing).

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10945 on: November 06, 2023, 10:16:36 AM »
One other cool thing about the new playoff format is sporting's next match takes place in 3 entire weeks

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10946 on: November 06, 2023, 12:12:07 PM »
Sounds like Kinda is expected to be with Israel during it which is a shame the way he's been playing.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10947 on: November 08, 2023, 04:07:08 PM »
It seems as though Ndenbe tore his ACL and played for another 44 minutes

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10948 on: November 08, 2023, 04:09:58 PM »
It seems as though Ndenbe tore his ACL and played for another 44 minutes
:sdeek:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10949 on: November 08, 2023, 04:20:42 PM »
Kinda will be back for the next game. Ford is practicing with the team but he won't be allowed to play.