Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 655016 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We are ass

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
looking better now with pulido and a healthy midfield (i also think mcintosh helps more than pulskamp) but probably dug too much of a hole

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Felipe Gutierrez signing is very weird, where has he even been?

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The Felipe Gutierrez signing is very weird, where has he even been?

saw somewhere that he was supposedly on Colorado last year

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
very on brand signing for peter

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This team has been pretty damn frustrating

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I hate them

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Glad i sold my Chivas tickets for $150 each before the game yesterday, that game lost a little luster after pulido's bonehead antics.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Holy crap, that's a great price! I sure hope those are Chivas fans paying those prices

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
a friend of mine sold his 4 yesterday for $195 each  :sdeek:  they must not care that pulido isn't playing

there will most likely be more chivas fans there monday

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Good God. I didn't even know the game was sold out. The only sold out leagues cup match I've seen was Miami's

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i'm not even sure if it is sold out, maybe it is

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i'm not even sure if it is sold out, maybe it is

looks like it is! Chivas gonna be rolling deep

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10888 on: August 01, 2023, 03:01:48 PM »
probably the best 90 minute performance of the season last night as far as controlling the entire match.  put on a passing clinic, glad the chivas fans in attendance went home with nothing to cheer about all night

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10889 on: August 01, 2023, 04:08:57 PM »
probably the best 90 minute performance of the season last night as far as controlling the entire match.  put on a passing clinic, glad the chivas fans in attendance went home with nothing to cheer about all night

I don't know that I've ever seen a match where one team was so dominant with the ball that they seemed completely disinterested in actually trying to score. I was really disappointed the SKC fans didn't do the OLEs, they could have done that crap for 20 minutes at a time.

Also good job on selling those tickets, the Chivas fans are dumb shits, there were open seats all over the place. Now you get to watch a home knockout match.

Noticed those Chivas fans got a puto chant in right at the end of the match.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10890 on: August 02, 2023, 07:12:00 AM »

I don't know that I've ever seen a match where one team was so dominant with the ball that they seemed completely disinterested in actually trying to score. I was really disappointed the SKC fans didn't do the OLEs, they could have done that crap for 20 minutes at a time.

Also good job on selling those tickets, the Chivas fans are dumb shits, there were open seats all over the place. Now you get to watch a home knockout match.

Noticed those Chivas fans got a puto chant in right at the end of the match.

yeah, but watching the game i did wish i was able to go.  i thought the same thing re: OLE, wasted opportuntity there.  sadly i can't go friday, daughter has a game at 9  :dubious:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: August 02, 2023, 11:02:47 AM »
I was in the Cauldron and had a good time. I've never seen an opposing team pack the stadium anywhere close to that.  They poured all the canned beers into cups and had a number of additional sportsmanship messages in both English and Spanish pregame.  The pregame stuff was muted as I'm guessing it was some kind of 'neutral' game in the tournament.  I thought it was perhaps Khiry's best game.  He made/attempted some passes that could've created some good opportunities.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: August 02, 2023, 03:00:59 PM »
I was in the Cauldron and had a good time. I've never seen an opposing team pack the stadium anywhere close to that.  They poured all the canned beers into cups and had a number of additional sportsmanship messages in both English and Spanish pregame.  The pregame stuff was muted as I'm guessing it was some kind of 'neutral' game in the tournament.  I thought it was perhaps Khiry's best game.  He made/attempted some passes that could've created some good opportunities.

Yeah, it's intended to be neutral. Also them blaring music on goal kicks was hilarious.

Khiry was dece, he still had a couple of baby giraffe moments

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: August 03, 2023, 07:22:39 AM »
khiry has always been a decent passer, the problem is when he gets into the box that's all he has to offer, he has no ideas, and will never look to take a shot.  which is a problem when you play the 7 or 9.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: August 04, 2023, 08:42:02 AM »
khiry has always been a decent passer, the problem is when he gets into the box that's all he has to offer, he has no ideas, and will never look to take a shot.  which is a problem when you play the 7 or 9.

I've seen some possession charts (is that a thing?) from a while ago where possession frequently dies when Khiry gets it.  I've started to notice it this year in some games.  I thought he had at least two pass attempts on Monday that didn't quite connect, but would've resulted in a good chance at a goal.  I was at the game (brag) so I don't know that I got the whole picture that someone watching from home did.

It seemed like a positive from a guy who kicked an easy shot right at the goalie the game before.   I also blame him for about 2 other games this year that we lost.  I was pretty disappointed with Pulido's red as I figured I was in for 90 of Shelton, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: August 04, 2023, 11:19:21 AM »
not sure how Tzoinas basically got buried on the bench again since coming back from international break, not that he's set the world on fire, but my eyes would rather watch him out there than what we know we're getting with khiry

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: August 05, 2023, 12:45:04 PM »
That one is easy to figure out. Tzonis offers nothing defensively, literally nothing at all. He also doesn't provide much for link up play. He is a get the ball, make a beeline to the goal type of player and he doesn't even produce enough doing that to provide enough value to see the field. Khiry provides some value defending and with link up play, which you astutely pointed out.

Last night was, woof.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: September 09, 2023, 03:38:49 PM »
How silly is Messi going to make us look tonight?
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: September 09, 2023, 05:07:58 PM »
How silly is Messi going to make us look tonight?

Well considering he's in Argentina right now, I'm guessing not so much

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: September 21, 2023, 11:31:52 AM »
After watching our old, slow ass team again last night, feel dumb for renewing my tickets again.