Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 630985 times)

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10825 on: February 23, 2023, 10:27:35 AM »
I find the palace intrigue/drama around soccer coaches to be amusing. Are they paid just to be the ultimate scapegoat, or what's the deal?

Can't overly say why it matters as much for MLS, but at least for all other soccer leagues (so this mentality probably permeates from european leagues to the MLS) actual failure(s) in a league could mean relegation and since the manager is the one who determines line-ups and in game decisions, while yes, he can only be as good as the players he has, obvious on field play that is indicative of poor coaching gets magnified. Like if a team loses or draws a game due to VAR review or something that more easier to make it be not the manager he can survive, if they lose cause they played sloppily or didn't put someone in who could've made a change earlier it is on the manager so they draw that ire.

Like, there is no "suck for Luck" mentality in the EPL, being in last (or least 3) means you're in the champions league, so that drive to be successful is very tangible even if for some outsiders "oh you don't have playoffs? or ties?" (harkening back to the original Ted Lasso's skit for NBC) might not see that. So it mean each game matters, a lot, and keeping up with the Jonses is how you have to play.

In the Championship.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10826 on: February 23, 2023, 11:42:34 AM »
I have a code for free MLS Season pass, dm if you want it. Please don't dm me if you're someone who's a casual that only watches a couple of matches a year. This code is worth either $80 if you're an apple tv+ subscriber or $100 if you're not. I want to give this to someone who watches matches but hasn't paid yet.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10827 on: February 23, 2023, 12:28:59 PM »
My office gave me the season pass, can't wait!

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10828 on: February 23, 2023, 02:47:51 PM »
I have a code for free MLS Season pass, dm if you want it. Please don't dm me if you're someone who's a casual that only watches a couple of matches a year. This code is worth either $80 if you're an apple tv+ subscriber or $100 if you're not. I want to give this to someone who watches matches but hasn't paid yet.

Is it through T-Mobile? I got the MLS Season Pass through the Free Tuesday T-Mobile offerings.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10829 on: February 23, 2023, 02:49:36 PM »
I find the palace intrigue/drama around soccer coaches to be amusing. Are they paid just to be the ultimate scapegoat, or what's the deal?

Can't overly say why it matters as much for MLS, but at least for all other soccer leagues (so this mentality probably permeates from european leagues to the MLS) actual failure(s) in a league could mean relegation and since the manager is the one who determines line-ups and in game decisions, while yes, he can only be as good as the players he has, obvious on field play that is indicative of poor coaching gets magnified. Like if a team loses or draws a game due to VAR review or something that more easier to make it be not the manager he can survive, if they lose cause they played sloppily or didn't put someone in who could've made a change earlier it is on the manager so they draw that ire.

Like, there is no "suck for Luck" mentality in the EPL, being in last (or least 3) means you're in the champions league, so that drive to be successful is very tangible even if for some outsiders "oh you don't have playoffs? or ties?" (harkening back to the original Ted Lasso's skit for NBC) might not see that. So it mean each game matters, a lot, and keeping up with the Jonses is how you have to play.

In the Championship.

Yup, what I meant, just got sped up
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #10830 on: February 23, 2023, 03:26:54 PM »

:cop lights: DM Sent! :cop lights:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: February 23, 2023, 03:34:07 PM »

Is it through T-Mobile? I got the MLS Season Pass through the Free Tuesday T-Mobile offerings.

Yes

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: February 23, 2023, 03:40:24 PM »
Code spoken for, if any of you T-Mobile users have spouses who aren't using the code, spread the love to others.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10833 on: February 24, 2023, 01:12:31 PM »
crazy that an outdoor sporting event scheduled for February was postponed due to winter weather

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: February 24, 2023, 02:26:23 PM »
I read about that storm up there and it's wild, school buses had to be abandoned it was so bad. Some bus driver left her bus and took the kids in it to some random neighborhood house.

I think the larger issue is that SKC would have had real trouble getting there today.

What sucks is that there's snow and rain in the forecast for Monday.

The silver lining here is that I can watch the MLS Red Zone thingie without my team playing

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: February 24, 2023, 02:49:55 PM »
I love this, and I didn't have an issue with Nate, happy for him, but I love Aly
https://twitter.com/SportingKC/status/1629164258767552512

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10836 on: February 24, 2023, 03:06:31 PM »
I love this, and I didn't have an issue with Nate, happy for him, but I love Aly

Is this the year that games will be on appletv?

is that the only option to watch?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10837 on: February 24, 2023, 04:34:28 PM »

Is this the year that games will be on appletv?

is that the only option to watch?

There will be select matches on Fox and FS1 but yeah, all MLS matches will be on Apple TV+, some will be free, some will be require a subscription to the MLS package.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: February 26, 2023, 06:05:46 PM »
Code spoken for, if any of you T-Mobile users have spouses who aren't using the code, spread the love to others.

How did you get the other person to use the code? I gave my wife's code to a friend and he said he didn't see where to use it. Do we need to login with his Apple ID on my wife's phone?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10839 on: February 26, 2023, 07:07:10 PM »
did bukaty get the boot? pun intended  :blush:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10840 on: February 27, 2023, 12:43:45 AM »

How did you get the other person to use the code? I gave my wife's code to a friend and he said he didn't see where to use it. Do we need to login with his Apple ID on my wife's phone?

He can log in with his own apple id to use it. I just sent the screenshot of the directions and the code, it worked with two different people.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: February 27, 2023, 12:48:04 AM »
did bukaty get the boot? pun intended  :blush:

He's calling matches for both Fox Sports and Apple TV. He was calling the Seattle Colorado match on FS1. He also said that all the Fox matches are called from a studio in LA. I guess they're only going to be on-site for Galaxy and LAFC matches. Woof. Apple TV will be on-site for all matches. Apple TV also has a cool feature where you can listen to the home radio broadcast instead of their announcers, so it sounds like Aly will get quite a few listeners.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: February 27, 2023, 09:16:47 PM »
Yikes that was embarrassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10843 on: February 28, 2023, 01:00:18 AM »
I'm fine with that match, play like that, throughout the season, will have us contending. Walter was awesome, the three forwards, not so much.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10844 on: February 28, 2023, 06:53:56 AM »
Went to bed at half time, the goal was awful.

Glad they played better as the match went, they looked completely out of sorts in the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10845 on: February 28, 2023, 08:23:41 AM »
Khiry is still a possession killer

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10846 on: February 28, 2023, 08:48:45 AM »
Gotta get better but not a terrible game
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
need a reason to hope

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
chodemo dropping 4 goals at CMP, and like not even celebrating the last one out of pity, is without a doubt the lowest moment in the history of CMP

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
need a reason to hope

uh, the new center back arrived yesterday :dunno: