Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 630909 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
got tix to the home opener  :gocho:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Nice!

I wonder if any other MLS team in the history of the league has had three goalkeepers out with injury at the same time.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that was a real nice steal of 3 points with that lineup.  i'm going to the game friday also.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that really did seem like a huge win (non-con and all that but whatever)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It was nice to survive on the road without, maybe, our 3 best players starting.

I really want to see 90 minutes of Pulido.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
do people get cut from the provisional list?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah like none of them will make it but it's still cool. First time up for both of them

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah like none of them will make it but it's still cool. First time up for both of them

The only way Busio won't get selected is if his transfer happens before, if he's still in Kansas City in July, he's getting picked. I think Melia is 50/50. I could see a scenario where he gets selected for the group play matches but replaced in the knockout round. There are 6 keepers on the list, all MLS keepers. They'll cut down to three.

Also worth noting that Pulido got selected for Mexico and Roger got selected for Honduras even though he previously retired from national team play.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The only way Busio won't get selected is if his transfer happens before, if he's still in Kansas City in July, he's getting picked. I think Melia is 50/50. I could see a scenario where he gets selected for the group play matches but replaced in the knockout round. There are 6 keepers on the list, all MLS keepers. They'll cut down to three.

Also worth noting that Pulido got selected for Mexico and Roger got selected for Honduras even though he previously retired from national team play.
Agree on busio. I meant hardly any of that 60 man list will make it. Nobody from nations league is even on it. I don't think melia has a chance.

Btw peter gave an amazing interview (as usual) with soren a few days ago and he was very candid about the process with Busio. He said teams from 5 leagues are pursuing him

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Agree on busio. I meant hardly any of that 60 man list will make it. Nobody from nations league is even on it. I don't think melia has a chance.

Btw peter gave an amazing interview (as usual) with soren a few days ago and he was very candid about the process with Busio. He said teams from 5 leagues are pursuing him

Did you see that list of keepers? I don't know how you can see that and not think Melia has a chance. It's
It's not exclusively young guys, nor is it exclusively guys who have been capped. It's like an entirely different keeper pool than what we've seen. Even Guzan, when was the last time he's played? Pre-pandemic, surely.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
this is the gold cup?

2021 Concacaf Gold Cup at Children's Mercy Park
All times CT, schedule subject to change

Sunday, July 11 (*tickets)
5:30pm Canada vs Martinique
7:30pm United States vs TBD (Winner Prelims 7)

Thursday, July 15 (*tickets)
6:30pm Canada vs TBD (Winner Prelims 7)
8:30pm United States vs Martinique

Sunday, July 18 (tickets)
4:00pm United States vs Canada

i mean, good for @gbusio13 and all but i bet the checkout guy at Aldi at 75th and wornall could beat these teams

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
yeah we should be 3-0 after group stage

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm going to the doubleheader on Thursday  :emawkid:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm going to the Canada match. They called up their A squad and on paper they might be better than us. They definitely have the best player in the group, probably in the entire tournament.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
I went to the first home Austin FC game a couple of weeks ago. I've never seen so many brand new jerseys in my life. It was too bad that it took them a couple of more home games before they could get a goal. The city is very much behind the team so far. Hopefully they'll get good sooner rather than later.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm going to the Canada match. They called up their A squad and on paper they might be better than us. They definitely have the best player in the group, probably in the entire tournament.

This is no longer true!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This is no longer true!

NOOOOOOOOO
https://twitter.com/FOXSoccer/status/1413610835373543428
 :cry:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
lots of empty seats

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
I thought about going but then didn't
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
^^u have to be a bit of a maniac to get worked up about beating poor haiti

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i will be at the canada game also, hopefully crowd will be good for that one.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i doubt it will be, kc just isn't a soccer town