Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 652843 times)

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10425 on: November 28, 2018, 01:08:24 PM »
yeah away goals clearly count more, not sure how you can argue they don't.

we're splitting hairs here. away goals only count more if you end up with a tie after 2 games. if you lose the aggregate by 1 (or any number of goals), away goals are not a factor.
but yes if you are tied after 180, away goals would be the tiebreaker.

That's why I disagree with the way things are done.  I'd much rather go into penalties to determine a winner, then have one goal count more than another goal based on location.

And we can't really go with "that's the way the rest of the world does it" or we wouldn't have made up our own American sports....

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10426 on: November 28, 2018, 02:12:34 PM »
i think mls will be ok, but that game was painfully low quality...some had to do with the turf, which can be fixed, but man, hope noone was watching their first soccer game...

abolish 2 leg series in the playoffs. problem solved

what problem would that solve?
Every problem

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10427 on: November 29, 2018, 11:01:37 AM »
Would the board "get it" if it was a best of 3 series?  Every playoff system has some variation of home and away it seems, save the NFL.

And Mo, not to belabor the point about SKC not playing for a win, but it took till like the 60th minute before Zusi was allowed to make runs forward (in fairness the back line was under siege a good bit).  Our sub was in the 92nd minute.  And while Croizet has shown some good attacking chops of late, he been more "productive" IMO holding and defending more, see his replacement for Sinovic as an example.  If we were truly playing for the win why didn't Gerso or Nemeth see the field?  (wasn't Rubio suspended for yellows? I know he wasn't on the sub list)

Rubio was suspended which I think really hurt us.  Will be good to have him back.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: November 29, 2018, 01:21:36 PM »
yeah away goals clearly count more, not sure how you can argue they don't.

we're splitting hairs here. away goals only count more if you end up with a tie after 2 games. if you lose the aggregate by 1 (or any number of goals), away goals are not a factor.
but yes if you are tied after 180, away goals would be the tiebreaker.

That's why I disagree with the way things are done.  I'd much rather go into penalties to determine a winner, then have one goal count more than another goal based on location.

And we can't really go with "that's the way the rest of the world does it" or we wouldn't have made up our own American sports....

(here's one of those problems single elimination would solve)

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10429 on: November 29, 2018, 01:36:57 PM »
COMPROMISE: what if after 180 mins and the aggregate score is a tie, we get 30 mins of extra time, and THEN if it's still tied, tiebreaker goes to the team w/ more away goals? that would also give the better-seeded team another slight advantage (getting to play 30 more mins at home)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: November 29, 2018, 02:13:20 PM »
ties  :lol:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: November 29, 2018, 02:14:14 PM »
mocat, how pumped would you be if the Sporting KC and then the Chiefs both won in Atlanta to clinch a championship?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: November 29, 2018, 02:36:53 PM »
mocat, how pumped would you be if the Sporting KC and then the Chiefs both won in Atlanta to clinch a championship?

idk if you are making fun of me but like 100% on the clink scale

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: November 29, 2018, 02:40:39 PM »
still a 3.7% chance of this happening according to 538  :drool:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10434 on: November 29, 2018, 03:12:00 PM »

i am making fun but go sporting tonight! I will tune in for at least a few seconds. #1KC

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: November 29, 2018, 03:13:13 PM »

i am making fun but go sporting tonight! I will tune in for at least a few seconds. #1KC

it starts too late at night but the whole thing will be over in <2 hours!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: November 29, 2018, 03:13:29 PM »
There is one day a week where Matt Beisler is on the boarder patrol and they usually talk Chiefs for 10 min. He's a good Chiefs fan.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: November 29, 2018, 03:15:18 PM »
We all know what to eat when watching a Baseball or Football game. What is a soccer snack? Like gluten free crackers or something? Obvs will be drinking LaCroix

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: November 29, 2018, 03:18:50 PM »
i will post a photo of the menu at the members club esta noche

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: November 29, 2018, 03:19:34 PM »
We all know what to eat when watching a Baseball or Football game. What is a soccer snack? Like gluten free crackers or something? Obvs will be drinking LaCroix
I think you just gnaw on your scarf.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10440 on: November 29, 2018, 03:24:19 PM »
Soccer > Kickball.

In your face Wackycat.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10441 on: November 29, 2018, 03:25:54 PM »
You son of a.......

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10442 on: November 29, 2018, 03:46:26 PM »
get ready for a butt ton of this tonight:

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10443 on: November 29, 2018, 03:47:44 PM »
but as for right now i am this guy

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: November 29, 2018, 04:37:44 PM »
If Sporting wasn't consistently good, would it bug these baseball dorks as much?  It gets weirder and weirder every year in here.

Anyhoo, 3-1 boys in blue this evening.  :excited:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #10445 on: November 29, 2018, 06:58:52 PM »
If Sporting wasn't consistently good, would it bug these baseball dorks as much?  It gets weirder and weirder every year in here.

Anyhoo, 3-1 boys in blue this evening.  :excited:

I'm excited! Are you going to be there spaces?? (If we win and I win the lottery for MLS Cup tix, I'll probably be there  :surprised:)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10446 on: November 29, 2018, 10:51:54 PM »
I feel bad for Patrick Mahomes. He deserved a better performance

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10447 on: November 29, 2018, 10:55:11 PM »
another very strange game played by skc
better days on the horizon though, this team is going to be a force next season

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10448 on: November 30, 2018, 01:25:47 AM »
this is why you don't play for a 0-0 tie/play Khiry Shelton 90 in leg 1....

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: January 07, 2019, 03:35:05 PM »
schedule thoughts:

- tf is going on w/ June? are we scheduling a complete turf replacement or something?

- almost all the good home games are sunday/wednesday nights (nyrb, atl, seattle, lafc, portland)  :frown:

- would consider attending a cincy roaddron  :eek: