Author Topic: Auburn 2014/KSU squad of 2014  (Read 28211 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Auburn 2014
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2013, 12:27:19 PM »
Zimms, 86, and Hubert are the only losses that I'm concerned about. Dickey seems to put together a solid, if unspectacular, o-line no

matter what the talent level happens to be. Daily and Roberts are not great, we've got some decent young talent there, and the judo

corners we bring in could very well be more talented than either of our departures. Chris Brown has played pretty well in relief of Reed,

and I think he's a much better athlete than Reed could ever hope to be, an off-season in the program should have him ready to be a

very solid run stopper for us. Willis has such a high ceiling, and we've started to see flashes the past couple weeks, one would think the

natural progression would have him playing at a higher level than Finau did this year. The linebackers that will be duking it out to fill

Slaughter's spot will be so much more talented, I would imagine at least one of them can figure out where to be on the field most of the

time. Replacing Zimmerman terrifies me. Maybe we have another juco walk-on that can tear it up like Milo did last year, and maybe Sean

Newlan is the next Zimms, but I don't want to count on that. Green probably won't be healthy yet, and we don't seem to be targeting a

juco safety, and that worries me. Hubert could be a big loss, just because as fans we have no idea what his backups bring to the table,

hopefully they are all awesome. TT is probably the most underrated player on this team, and in his absence we didn't seem to have

anybody who could step up and fill that role. Hopefully one of the redshirts are way better than expected, or Burton doesn't suck as

much as I think he does. We're probably rolling with a two QB system again next year, so we are going to need good wideouts. The

Auburn game should answer all of our questions about the roster though. I haven't been this excited about a non-con in over a decade.

That was a subtle, yet awesome change. Judo corners would be incredible. As far as I know, there's not an illegal use of the feet penalty. They could just roundhouse the other teams receivers at the line of scrimmage. They may want to contact SD to learn from the master though. I'm sure he would open up the dojo for a couple of #1cats.
Not sure how that change was made...I blame lossy decompression.  :)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2013, 12:34:51 PM »
they're 9-1, dorks.

It would be Snyder's 2nd best non con win. And it's really not that close.
yeah man I'm not sure about that auburn is overrated

Offline kstatefan11

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2013, 01:04:10 PM »
i have a hard time taking anybody seriously if they compare the loss of a safety (albeit a very good one) to the loss of a heisman finalist quarterback.

That's not my point. There's a continued argument implying athleticism should be able to replace experience, etc., and I just picked one of many examples to refute a point. Zimm to Klein is a stretch, I'll grant. That's why it's called hyperbole.
What Klein did for this team the last two year's is still largely undervalued.

:confused:

What makes you say that?

Maybe undervalued is the wrong word, but there was some consensus he was more replaceable than he has been. Lots of talk this summer hinged on the defensive worries, but expectations for the offense were still pretty high. What losses does this team have with (a reasonably healthy) Klein? It's pretty easy to argue none. You can't do that with Arthur, Harp, or any one player off any recent roster (I'll go ahead and include Freeman).

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2013, 01:22:40 PM »
i have a hard time taking anybody seriously if they compare the loss of a safety (albeit a very good one) to the loss of a heisman finalist quarterback.

That's not my point. There's a continued argument implying athleticism should be able to replace experience, etc., and I just picked one of many examples to refute a point. Zimm to Klein is a stretch, I'll grant. That's why it's called hyperbole.

What makes you say that?

Maybe undervalued is the wrong word, but there was some consensus he was more replaceable than he has been. Lots of talk this summer hinged on the defensive worries, but expectations for the offense were still pretty high. What losses does this team have with (a reasonably healthy) Klein? It's pretty easy to argue none. You can't do that with Arthur, Harp, or any one player off any recent roster (I'll go ahead and include Freeman).

I think everybody expected some growing pains. I don't think anybody expected the QB play to be poor enough to lose to bad teams like NDSU and Texas, but the team has been playing at a very high level offensively these past few weeks. The defense being as good as they are this year has been the real surprise.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2013, 01:25:42 PM »
they're 9-1, dorks.

Auburn deserves to be in the top 5. They are legit. This should be our stance.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2013, 01:28:51 PM »
they're 9-1, dorks.

Auburn deserves to be in the top 5. They are legit. This should be our stance.
they keep winning and sure I'm with you but they haven't played anybody in a awful sec

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2013, 01:32:19 PM »

What makes you say that?

I think everybody expected some growing pains. I don't think anybody expected the QB play to be poor enough to lose to bad teams like NDSU and Texas, but the team has been playing at a very high level offensively these past few weeks. The defense being as good as they are this year has been the real surprise.

There was a lot of talk about how dominant the OL was going to be this year too until they went out and sucked balls and taints the 1st few games

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2013, 02:08:21 PM »
they're 9-1, dorks.

Even if they're overrated, it's still not close.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline CATILLAC

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2013, 02:48:23 PM »

What makes you say that?

There was a lot of talk about how dominant the OL was going to be this year too until they went out and sucked balls and taints the 1st few games

The O-Line was the biggest kick in the nuts at the start of the season, They were horrid and the worst case scenario for breaking in experienced QB's. I'm hoping the lines improved play allows us to man handle the Frogs. IMO Lucas needs to finish the season strong or risk going undrafted, most of the video on him thus far is shitty.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Auburn 2014/KSU squad of 2014
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2013, 02:53:10 PM »
SNOWBRAG:

Auburn
44 rushes for 224 yards
16/27 passes for 200 yards
28 points

Kansas State
41 rushes for 188 yards
17/27 passes for 227 yards
29 points

:billdance:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2013, 03:09:51 PM »
SNOWBRAG:

Auburn
44 rushes for 224 yards
16/27 passes for 200 yards
28 points

Kansas State
41 rushes for 188 yards
17/27 passes for 227 yards
29 points

:billdance:

Just think about how badly we will crush them next season when we are even better! :emawkid:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2013, 03:09:56 PM »
I found a place for Auburn in my heart after our 2006 trip there. Sweet rough ridin' campus, the nicest ppl i've ever encountered, all the girls wear sun dresses, and that War Eagle.  :love:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:13:12 PM by WackySquawk08 »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2013, 03:11:09 PM »
I found a place for Auburn in my hear after our 2006 trip there. Sweet rough ridin' campus, the nicest ppl i've ever encountered, all the girls wear sun dresses, and that War Eagle.  :love:

It was a dentist's nightmare, though.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2013, 05:04:58 PM »
I found a place for Auburn in my hear after our 2006 trip there. Sweet rough ridin' campus, the nicest ppl i've ever encountered, all the girls wear sun dresses, and that War Eagle.  :love:

It was a dentist's nightmare, though.

And Alesana's.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2013, 05:32:35 PM »
they're 9-1, dorks.

name alone I'd say USC and Miami are way more relevant than auburn

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2013, 05:36:54 PM »
extremely overrated. would not be surprised if they lost to uga this wknd.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2013, 05:51:38 PM »
they're 9-1, dorks.

Is that going off their current ranking, or the most recent NC, or conference affiliation? Which team wins all of those categories? What's your criteria?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2013, 05:57:25 PM »
hey all of you dorks shut up about a game next season.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2013, 06:59:44 PM »
they're 9-1, dorks.

Is that going off their current ranking, or the most recent NC, or conference affiliation? Which team wins all of those categories? What's your criteria?
program name, history, ect. Don't get me wrong auburn is big time I just don't value them as much as some I guess

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2013, 10:17:08 PM »
I see this game as an opportunity for gE to land another bbs trophy fish. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2013, 10:52:50 PM »
hey all of you dorks shut up about a game next season.

Sorry but I'm looking past our last 3 and bowl game right to this big showdown downtown lowdown

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
  • SEC! SEC! SEC! (except Tennessee, eff them!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2013, 11:37:30 AM »
Auburn is notoriously bad in opening, legit (NDSU?  Really guys?) non conference games.  However, we will have two games under our belts and a bye before we head up to face you guys. 

I worry about this game for Auburn but I'm a little curious about the crap talking in this thread, from an unranked team vs the #6 team in the country.  Auburn is super legit on the ground this season and is better in 3 of the 4 big statistical categories (rush yards, points for, points against).  We've got many more quality wins vs top 25 teams and have a stronger strength of schedule, 16th vs 27th (http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team).  There is legit discussion that if we didn't face LSU in a monsoon for the 1st quarter, we could very well be undefeated right now. 

Marshall may not be a perfect passer, but he's more than capable.  His stats don't look that bad when compared to your qb. 

Mahlzan is a gd genius for the way he's turned around Chizik's mess and will have another spring with the players, which should concern KSU more than anything imo.  Johnson may even beat out Marshall in the spring, and there's no question about his passing skills. 

War damn eagle!

'Bama will probably skull eff us on the 30th, but they're one of the few teams that could truly do it to our offense.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:41:02 AM by The_Wippuh »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2013, 11:41:40 AM »
Auburn won't be able to play with the cats.  If they played our schedule, they would have at least 4 losses.  And lol @ "We would be undefeated if not for the weather" when Auburn just had the luckiest play of the season help them beat UGA.  If anything your team should have more losses.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2013, 11:51:06 AM »
I am confused, what does this year have to do with next year?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2013, 11:59:45 AM »
Auburn is hoping they don't see us in the Cotton