Author Topic: Auburn 2014/KSU squad of 2014  (Read 28223 times)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Re: Auburn 2014
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2013, 11:11:14 AM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2013, 11:13:34 AM »
How many puns can we make using "burn"?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2013, 11:14:33 AM »
they're 9-1, dorks.

It would be Snyder's 2nd best non con win. And it's really not that close.

3rd

02 USC and ???

01 USC

You're right. That was an impressive road victory over a 6-6 team.

So you know how Auburn's going to finish next season?  Care to share?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2013, 11:19:32 AM »
they're 9-1, dorks.

It would be Snyder's 2nd best non con win. And it's really not that close.

3rd

02 USC and ???

01 USC

You're right. That was an impressive road victory over a 6-6 team.

I just looked at their schedule and it looks to me like they will be 6-6 or maybe 7-5.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »

Better than 6-6.

And if we're going to count bowl wins 97 Syracuse and 01 Tenn were much better wins. Could make an argument for 99 Washington too.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2013, 11:30:09 AM »

Better than 6-6.

And if we're going to count bowl wins 97 Syracuse and 01 Tenn were much better wins. Could make an argument for 99 Washington too.

Yeah, you are probably right. If you just look at the games Auburn "should win" and "should lose", they are probably about 6-6, but most of the games they "should win" are against garbage teams who have next to no chance of beating them. Auburn is good enough to win a couple of games that they "should lose" and it's not like they are going to drop their game against Samford or anything.

Offline kstatefan11

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2013, 11:34:11 AM »
Losing Zimms won't be as bad as we think. Travis Green is one of the most athletic players on the team and he's right behind him on the depth chart.

Quote from: everyone last year
Losing CK won't be as bad as we think. Daniel Sams is one of the most athletic players on the team and he's right behind him on the depth chart

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »
Losing Zimms won't be as bad as we think. Travis Green is one of the most athletic players on the team and he's right behind him on the depth chart.

Losing CK won't be as bad as we think. Daniel Sams is one of the most athletic players on the team and he's right behind him on the depth chart

:flush:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2013, 11:36:05 AM »

Yeah, losing Zimms is going to really hurt us if somebody worse than Green ends up playing ahead of him the majority of the time.

Offline kstatefan11

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2013, 11:41:35 AM »

Yeah, losing Zimms is going to really hurt us if somebody worse than Green ends up playing ahead of him the majority of the time.

Point taken, and quarterback and safety are not apples to apples, but Zimm brings a whole lot more than athleticism to that position that will be missed.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2013, 11:43:51 AM »

Point taken, and quarterback and safety are not apples to apples, but Zimm brings a whole lot more than athleticism to that position that will be missed.

Yeah, we lose a lot with Zimmerman, but every team loses a player like Zimmerman every single year. I'm sure Auburn has a similar loss on their team.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2013, 11:54:41 AM »
i have a hard time taking anybody seriously if they compare the loss of a safety (albeit a very good one) to the loss of a heisman finalist quarterback.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2013, 11:56:50 AM »

Our qb play has been fine.  Defense sucked early.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2013, 11:57:20 AM »

Yeah, we lose a lot with Zimmerman, but every team loses a player like Zimmerman every single year. I'm sure Auburn has a similar loss on their team.

They lose their P, K, and LS. It's a wash, really.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2013, 11:59:54 AM »
Zimms, 86, and Hubert are the only losses that I'm concerned about. Dickey seems to put together a solid, if unspectacular, o-line no matter what the talent level happens to be. Daily and Roberts are not great, we've got some decent young talent there, and the juco corners we bring in could very well be more talented than either of our departures. Chris Brown has played pretty well in relief of Reed, and I think he's a much better athlete than Reed could ever hope to be, an off-season in the program should have him ready to be a very solid run stopper for us. Willis has such a high ceiling, and we've started to see flashes the past couple weeks, one would think the natural progression would have him playing at a higher level than Finau did this year. The linebackers that will be duking it out to fill Slaughter's spot will be so much more talented, I would imagine at least one of them can figure out where to be on the field most of the time. Replacing Zimmerman terrifies me. Maybe we have another juco walk-on that can tear it up like Milo did last year, and maybe Sean Newlan is the next Zimms, but I don't want to count on that. Green probably won't be healthy yet, and we don't seem to be targeting a juco safety, and that worries me. Hubert could be a big loss, just because as fans we have no idea what his backups bring to the table, hopefully they are all awesome. TT is probably the most underrated player on this team, and in his absence we didn't seem to have anybody who could step up and fill that role. Hopefully one of the redshirts are way better than expected, or Burton doesn't suck as much as I think he does. We're probably rolling with a two QB system again next year, so we are going to need good wideouts. The Auburn game should answer all of our questions about the roster though. I haven't been this excited about a non-con in over a decade.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2013, 12:01:40 PM »

Our qb play has been fine.  Defense sucked early.
Compared to where we were last season (especially re. turnovers) our qb play was NOT fine earlier this season.   

Over the last few weeks, they've improved dramatically.  Will be interesting to see how they fair tomorrow against a legit defense.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2013, 12:02:05 PM »
honestly more concerned with their fanbase than the team.  I'm worried they might all be legally Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), and i say that with absolutely no disrespect to known/confirmed Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) people.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2013, 12:02:48 PM »

They lose their P, K, and LS. It's a wash, really.

It looks like they lose 5 defensive starters, going off the Rivals depth chart.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2013, 12:03:21 PM »
Zimms, 86, and Hubert are the only losses that I'm concerned about. Dickey seems to put together a solid, if unspectacular, o-line no matter what the talent level happens to be. Daily and Roberts are not great, we've got some decent young talent there, and the juco corners we bring in could very well be more talented than either of our departures. Chris Brown has played pretty well in relief of Reed, and I think he's a much better athlete than Reed could ever hope to be, an off-season in the program should have him ready to be a very solid run stopper for us. Willis has such a high ceiling, and we've started to see flashes the past couple weeks, one would think the natural progression would have him playing at a higher level than Finau did this year. The linebackers that will be duking it out to fill Slaughter's spot will be so much more talented, I would imagine at least one of them can figure out where to be on the field most of the time. Replacing Zimmerman terrifies me. Maybe we have another juco walk-on that can tear it up like Milo did last year, and maybe Sean Newlan is the next Zimms, but I don't want to count on that. Green probably won't be healthy yet, and we don't seem to be targeting a juco safety, and that worries me. Hubert could be a big loss, just because as fans we have no idea what his backups bring to the table, hopefully they are all awesome. TT is probably the most underrated player on this team, and in his absence we didn't seem to have anybody who could step up and fill that role. Hopefully one of the redshirts are way better than expected, or Burton doesn't suck as much as I think he does. We're probably rolling with a two QB system again next year, so we are going to need good wideouts. The Auburn game should answer all of our questions about the roster though. I haven't been this excited about a non-con in over a decade.
didn't read a word of that.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »
didn't read a word of that.

About halfway through, I realized it was going to be way too long, and that I would get mushed. I had put too much time into it at that point to turn back though.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2013, 12:15:40 PM »
Zimms, 86, and Hubert are the only losses that I'm concerned about. Dickey seems to put together a solid, if unspectacular, o-line no

matter what the talent level happens to be. Daily and Roberts are not great, we've got some decent young talent there, and the judo

corners we bring in could very well be more talented than either of our departures. Chris Brown has played pretty well in relief of Reed,

and I think he's a much better athlete than Reed could ever hope to be, an off-season in the program should have him ready to be a

very solid run stopper for us. Willis has such a high ceiling, and we've started to see flashes the past couple weeks, one would think the

natural progression would have him playing at a higher level than Finau did this year. The linebackers that will be duking it out to fill

Slaughter's spot will be so much more talented, I would imagine at least one of them can figure out where to be on the field most of the

time. Replacing Zimmerman terrifies me. Maybe we have another juco walk-on that can tear it up like Milo did last year, and maybe Sean

Newlan is the next Zimms, but I don't want to count on that. Green probably won't be healthy yet, and we don't seem to be targeting a

juco safety, and that worries me. Hubert could be a big loss, just because as fans we have no idea what his backups bring to the table,

hopefully they are all awesome. TT is probably the most underrated player on this team, and in his absence we didn't seem to have

anybody who could step up and fill that role. Hopefully one of the redshirts are way better than expected, or Burton doesn't suck as

much as I think he does. We're probably rolling with a two QB system again next year, so we are going to need good wideouts. The

Auburn game should answer all of our questions about the roster though. I haven't been this excited about a non-con in over a decade.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Auburn 2014/KSU squad of 2014
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2013, 12:18:19 PM »
Thanks, MadCat. Much better.

Good post, ksudeuce.

Offline kstatefan11

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2013, 12:22:45 PM »
i have a hard time taking anybody seriously if they compare the loss of a safety (albeit a very good one) to the loss of a heisman finalist quarterback.

That's not my point. There's a continued argument implying athleticism should be able to replace experience, etc., and I just picked one of many examples to refute a point. Zimm to Klein is a stretch, I'll grant. That's why it's called hyperbole.
What Klein did for this team the last two year's is still largely undervalued.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »
Zimms, 86, and Hubert are the only losses that I'm concerned about. Dickey seems to put together a solid, if unspectacular, o-line no

matter what the talent level happens to be. Daily and Roberts are not great, we've got some decent young talent there, and the judo

corners we bring in could very well be more talented than either of our departures. Chris Brown has played pretty well in relief of Reed,

and I think he's a much better athlete than Reed could ever hope to be, an off-season in the program should have him ready to be a

very solid run stopper for us. Willis has such a high ceiling, and we've started to see flashes the past couple weeks, one would think the

natural progression would have him playing at a higher level than Finau did this year. The linebackers that will be duking it out to fill

Slaughter's spot will be so much more talented, I would imagine at least one of them can figure out where to be on the field most of the

time. Replacing Zimmerman terrifies me. Maybe we have another juco walk-on that can tear it up like Milo did last year, and maybe Sean

Newlan is the next Zimms, but I don't want to count on that. Green probably won't be healthy yet, and we don't seem to be targeting a

juco safety, and that worries me. Hubert could be a big loss, just because as fans we have no idea what his backups bring to the table,

hopefully they are all awesome. TT is probably the most underrated player on this team, and in his absence we didn't seem to have

anybody who could step up and fill that role. Hopefully one of the redshirts are way better than expected, or Burton doesn't suck as

much as I think he does. We're probably rolling with a two QB system again next year, so we are going to need good wideouts. The

Auburn game should answer all of our questions about the roster though. I haven't been this excited about a non-con in over a decade.

That was a subtle, yet awesome change. Judo corners would be incredible. As far as I know, there's not an illegal use of the feet penalty. They could just roundhouse the other teams receivers at the line of scrimmage. They may want to contact SD to learn from the master though. I'm sure he would open up the dojo for a couple of #1cats.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2013, 12:26:07 PM »

That's not my point. There's a continued argument implying athleticism should be able to replace experience, etc., and I just picked one of many examples to refute a point. Zimm to Klein is a stretch, I'll grant. That's why it's called hyperbole.
What Klein did for this team the last two year's is still largely undervalued.

:confused:

What makes you say that?