Author Topic: What if Wiggins is a bust?  (Read 54706 times)

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Re: What if Wiggins is a bust?
« Reply #475 on: February 15, 2014, 09:21:27 AM »
I must admit, Andy appears to be pretty good at shooting freethrows.  His tip-in game is also very good.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 15, 2014, 09:26:24 AM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/andrew-wiggins-next-lebron-2013-5

Article titled:  Why People Say Andrew Wiggins is the Next Lebron

He's tall, he's got skills, he can dribble, shoot, dunk.  He plays defense.  This young man can do it all, folks!

Well, except for the dribbling and shooting part. That's 2 for 4 on skills, if you count dunking as skill (pro tip: its not).

I bet you're fun at parties.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 15, 2014, 09:35:31 AM »
Feel bad for Andy. :(

This.  He won't even get to live in the Kentucky Light dorm.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #478 on: February 15, 2014, 09:55:42 AM »

He's tall, he's got skills, he can dribble, shoot, dunk.  He plays defense.  This young man can do it all, folks!

Well, except for the dribbling and shooting part. That's 2 for 4 on skills, if you count dunking as skill (pro tip: its not).

I bet you're fun at parties.

Well, I'm not gonna bring you more kool-aid, if that's what you're asking
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 15, 2014, 10:07:22 AM »
Should teams immediately try to Hack-a-Wiggins? Sure worked out for us

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 15, 2014, 10:59:22 AM »
Should teams immediately try to Hack-a-Wiggins? Sure worked out for us
Only if you want to wake the sleeper that is his free throw game!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 15, 2014, 11:16:11 AM »
if wiggy went to memphis or kentucky he'd be averaging 24 and 10 easily.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 15, 2014, 11:39:38 AM »
Guys, the draft projections I've looked at have Embiid #1 overall, like across the board. Now, its obvious he's hurt and Self is doing the right thing by sitting him out today. Thing is fellas, I don't wanna see him lose that #1 draft spot. It looks to me like he could only hurt his NBA draft status by playing. He just needs to shut it down and get healthy and declare himself pro, like, right now.

Can anyone think of a logical reason why this super stud should ever play college hoops again?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 15, 2014, 11:52:54 AM »
Guys, the draft projections I've looked at have Embiid #1 overall, like across the board. Now, its obvious he's hurt and Self is doing the right thing by sitting him out today. Thing is fellas, I don't wanna see him lose that #1 draft spot. It looks to me like he could only hurt his NBA draft status by playing. He just needs to shut it down and get healthy and declare himself pro, like, right now.

Can anyone think of a logical reason why this super stud should ever play college hoops again?

Wishing for Wiggins to be a bust, and now for Embiid to be injured for the rest of the season?  Quality stuff here at goEMAW.com.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 15, 2014, 11:54:52 AM »

Wishing for Wiggins to be a bust, and now for Embiid to be injured for the rest of the season?  Quality stuff here at goEMAW.com.

He never said that. :nono:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 15, 2014, 11:58:21 AM »

I wish the opposite. I don't want him to play and worsen his injury. I'm applauding Self's move today and hoping they realize what this kid has in front of him is too valuable to gamble with. I want him to be healthy on draft day.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 15, 2014, 12:50:09 PM »

I wish the opposite. I don't want him to play and worsen his injury. I'm applauding Self's move today and hoping they realize what this kid has in front of him is too valuable to gamble with. I want him to be healthy on draft day.

BS. 

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #487 on: February 15, 2014, 12:55:12 PM »
As far as I can tell, the only person wishing harm on another player is Embeed. That much is clear by his conduct.  Just a little karma that he got hurt.

Wiggins is hyper athletic, but his skillset needs development. I could see the Kings or the N.O. team (Seagulls?) drafting him, they both seem to really suck at the draft.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 15, 2014, 12:57:44 PM »

BS.

So, your stance is to play the kid despite the fact that he's obviously hurt? 
bears are fast...

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 15, 2014, 12:58:34 PM »

BS.

No. 

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 15, 2014, 01:07:24 PM »

BS.

No.

How close to fully healed (100%) would he need to be in your mind for him to play come tourney time?
bears are fast...

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 15, 2014, 01:09:51 PM »

Wiggins is shooting 42% from 2pt in the Big 12.   For a guy who has the ability to get to the rim and gets some easy looks off KU fast breaks, that isn't that good.    I think it was Tom Keegan that said on the year, take away dunks (not layups) he is only 40% on 2 pt shots.
35% from 3pt and 75% from FT on the year.... those numbers are fine considering he is not a great outside shooter.

I think because of his length, he is a good defender but ave only 1.0 stl and .8 blk is a little surprising considering how athletic he is with those hops

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What if Wiggins is a bust?
« Reply #492 on: February 15, 2014, 02:58:13 PM »

Wiggins is shooting 42% from 2pt in the Big 12.   For a guy who has the ability to get to the rim and gets some easy looks off KU fast breaks, that isn't that good.    I think it was Tom Keegan that said on the year, take away dunks (not layups) he is only 40% on 2 pt shots.
35% from 3pt and 75% from FT on the year.... those numbers are fine considering he is not a great outside shooter.

I think because of his length, he is a good defender but ave only 1.0 stl and .8 blk is a little surprising considering how athletic he is with those hops

I was just making fun of that fluff piece.  Wiggins will be a fine NBA player but not a flashy superstar.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:04:06 PM by Spracne »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 15, 2014, 03:26:37 PM »

BS.

No.

Why would I not want Embiid to be healthy on draft day?  :confused: Beems I guess if he's healthy he could play in like the Sweet 16, but before then it would be stupid

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 18, 2014, 10:43:42 PM »
So Wiggy had 19 pts, 6 reb, 2 ast, 2st and 2blk tonight.  Solid game.    Over on the phog, they are acting like it was one of the best games by a KU player in years.   

I meen 6'1 guard Juwan Staten ave 18pt 6 reb 6 ast.   Wiggins gets 19-6-2.... and he is deemed "A Beast" by the Phoggies...LOL

The Big Train

« Reply #495 on: February 18, 2014, 10:52:57 PM »
So Wiggy had 19 pts, 6 reb, 2 ast, 2st and 2blk tonight.  Solid game.    Over on the phog, they are acting like it was one of the best games by a KU player in years.   

I meen 6'1 guard Juwan Staten ave 18pt 6 reb 6 ast.   Wiggins gets 19-6-2.... and he is deemed "A Beast" by the Phoggies...LOL

Next LeBron tho

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 18, 2014, 10:55:11 PM »

I'm happy that they're beginning to accept him.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 18, 2014, 11:03:40 PM »

Haven't read the Phog, but he was clutch and is the reason we won (although we didn't really deserve to, butt eff it).

Offline SterlingArcher

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 18, 2014, 11:06:41 PM »
Wiggins would look terrible in a turtleneck.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 18, 2014, 11:55:14 PM »

Haven't read the Phog, but he was clutch and is the reason we won (although we didn't really deserve to, butt eff it).

I like and respect the honesty of Sprac's last post.