Author Topic: Waters  (Read 46479 times)

catzacker

Re: Waters
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2014, 09:58:26 AM »
GE'ing is getting out of hand, the board is becoming incredibly boring.

who's GE'ing? 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 05, 2014, 10:02:27 AM »
Waters had a great game. Some asshats always feel the need to piss all over him.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 05, 2014, 10:20:18 AM »
Sexton and Lockett bailed him out several times last night. He was great running the ball but his numbers are in now way indicative of how he threw it. I'm sure some jackass who watched at home or didn't watch at all will attempt to argue but several of the big pass plays were because of receivers making adjustments on under thrown balls or balls behind them.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 05, 2014, 10:26:09 AM »
Sexton and Lockett bailed him out several times last night. He was great running the ball but his numbers are in now way indicative of how he threw it. I'm sure some jackass who watched at home or didn't watch at all will attempt to argue but several of the big pass plays were because of receivers making adjustments on under thrown balls or balls behind them.

Come on man. This could be said for any QB. Sometimes receivers bail you out, and sometimes they drop wide open passes. At the end of the day, the numbers speak for themselves. He's a good QB with a good receiving corp. Hes also a decent runner with good pocket presence.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 05, 2014, 10:36:20 AM »
It would be super neat if Jake could have those types of games against Auburn, OU, TCU and Baylor.

I'd be curious to see how waters numbers against auburn stack up against other QBs.  considering locketts dropped, perfectly placed TD pass.

i'd be curious to see how often that lockett drop is mentioned as some sort of reason that jake had a good game against auburn.

I think he played pretty well against one of the best defenses in the country. Yep. 

Don't know if I'd call it a really good performance.  Certainly wasn't great. 

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 05, 2014, 10:37:26 AM »
 :zzz:

catzacker

« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2014, 10:43:50 AM »
It would be super neat if Jake could have those types of games against Auburn, OU, TCU and Baylor.

I'd be curious to see how waters numbers against auburn stack up against other QBs.  considering locketts dropped, perfectly placed TD pass.

i'd be curious to see how often that lockett drop is mentioned as some sort of reason that jake had a good game against auburn.

I think he played pretty well against one of the best defenses in the country. Yep. 

QBR of 33.9?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 05, 2014, 10:48:55 AM »

QBR of 33.9?

Yeah, I mean, these ratings are calculated with numbers such as TDs and ints.  If you want to ignore all context and perspective and simply rely on a QBR to tell you how well a guy played, that's fine.  It is what it is.  I'm not excusing the mistakes he made or he plays he missed.  But the Lockett play was neither a play nor a mistake.  He threw the ball perfectly and should have had 1 more TD and 1 less INT and, if he had, his QBR would have been a bit better. 

catzacker

« Reply #158 on: October 05, 2014, 10:54:13 AM »

QBR of 33.9?

Yeah, I mean, these ratings are calculated with numbers such as TDs and ints.  If you want to ignore all context and perspective and simply rely on a QBR to tell you how well a guy played, that's fine.  It is what it is.  I'm not excusing the mistakes he made or he plays he missed.  But the Lockett play was neither a play nor a mistake.  He threw the ball perfectly and should have had 1 more TD and 1 less INT and, if he had, his QBR would have been a bit better.

yeah, TD's and INt's are way rough ridin' overrated stats.   

catzacker

« Reply #159 on: October 05, 2014, 10:55:49 AM »
And blah blah blah on the lockett catch.  Jake is a 8-4 QB.  That's it.  Which is fine, I suppose.  But against good teams, he's not good enough with his legs to make our offense be "balanced" in how it operates.  Balance does not mean 50/50 it means doing enough of one thing well enough to do the other well enough.  I could give a eff if jake throws for 250yds if we only rush for 40yds.  The QB in bill's offense needs to be able to run enough against good teams to keep the defense honest.  He can't do that.  And his passing isn't elite enough to make up for it (nor is our OL and WR corp).

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2014, 10:59:35 AM »

Going to the last two games has made me dislike jack even more. He makes it very tough for a rec to catch the ball and is pretty damn lucky that we have those two
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2014, 11:00:15 AM »
Yeah, man. Waters totally lucked into those 5 TD's. Phew!!!

catzacker

« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2014, 11:00:55 AM »
All that being said, i'm probably going to lament not having Waters next year when we run out whatever terrible QB we currently have on our roster now.  Because those guys look like 4-8 QB's.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 05, 2014, 11:04:26 AM »
Waters infuriates this fan base! :love:

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2014, 11:04:35 AM »
You guys whine too much, as do I.  Imagine if we had Tech's qb.  Woof.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2014, 11:13:45 AM »
All that being said, i'm probably going to lament not having Waters next year when we run out whatever terrible QB we currently have on our roster now.  Because those guys look like 4-8 QB's.

Maybe less  :frown:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2014, 11:26:12 AM »
And blah blah blah on the lockett catch.  Jake is a 8-4 QB.  That's it.  Which is fine, I suppose.  But against good teams, he's not good enough with his legs to make our offense be "balanced" in how it operates.  Balance does not mean 50/50 it means doing enough of one thing well enough to do the other well enough.  I could give a eff if jake throws for 250yds if we only rush for 40yds.  The QB in bill's offense needs to be able to run enough against good teams to keep the defense honest.  He can't do that.  And his passing isn't elite enough to make up for it (nor is our OL and WR corp).

Haha.  You're a complete dumbass.  Do u realize he's, by far, the best rushing QB in the big12?  Do u realize he's 6th in the conference in rushing yards and 4th in rushing TDs?  The dude is going to rush for 1000+ and 12+.

And how do you define "good team"? Are OSU, tech, WVU, Baylor good teams?  Because he already rushed for 100+ against tech and ISU and I'd expect him to put up similar rushing against all of these teams.  Against losers like UT and KU, he could top 200. 

If you're deriding waters because he can't run against OU and Auburn, both top 20 rush defenses, I think it's safe to say you're not judging him fairly or reasonably. 

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2014, 11:35:57 AM »
If you think tech and isu are good, then you might not be judging fairly either

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2014, 11:48:29 AM »
This thread is so weird.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2014, 11:54:41 AM »
The best rushing qb in the big 12 you say....that is interesting.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 05, 2014, 11:55:46 AM »
jake is good. he's not great. daniel was good not great. they have different strengths and weaknesses. neither was ever going to be as good as bish, ell or colin. simple as that.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2014, 11:58:27 AM »
I don't think he should tempt fate by playing oklahoma.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2014, 12:00:30 PM »
This thread is so weird.
Yeah.  Hard for some people to admit that maybe they were wrong about "H30."  When is the last time our offense had more than 500 yards?  Would have to think it was a Freeman led team.  Granted, we ran upwards of 80 plays last night, but 520 yards and 1 turnover is great. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2014, 12:06:45 PM »
This thread is so weird.
Yeah.  Hard for some people to admit that maybe they were wrong about "H30."  When is the last time our offense had more than 500 yards?  Would have to think it was a Freeman led team.  Granted, we ran upwards of 80 plays last night, but 520 yards and 1 turnover is great.
The "receivers bailed him out" is my favorite talking point by some of these dorks.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 05, 2014, 12:08:58 PM »
Yeah, man. Waters totally lucked into those 5 TD's. Phew!!!

Wacky literally no one said that. Whenever this comes up the talk invariably goes to "Waters haters" when the true issue are the people who refuse to acknowledge Abby critique at all. By my count there were 7 phenomenal, beyond routine, catches; Sexton 1 hander, under throw to Sexton, behind Sexton, 2 under throws to Lockett where he picked the balls off of the turf, one severely behind Lockett, and a severe under throws to Cook.

I'm not saying he was awful last night that would be stupid. I mean if Waters was awful then what the hell was Webb? He didn't throw the ball as well as his numbers indicated.

Jake Waters is Jon Beasley 2.0