Author Topic: Okay, I've seen enough of this Waters loser.  (Read 101213 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, I've seen enough of this Waters loser.
« Reply #875 on: November 23, 2014, 07:39:48 AM »
Refresh your memory by reading these quotes and then redo your rankings.

http://waitingtillmarriage.org/ksu-quarterback-collin-kleins-first-kiss-was-at-the-alter/

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 23, 2014, 07:40:04 AM »
Settle down mocat. Good grief.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 23, 2014, 09:13:46 AM »
I wasn't really following football when May was QB. I mean I was aware of him but I didn't regularly watch or attend entire KSU games until Bishop so I can't judge him or miller or kavenaugh

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 23, 2014, 09:48:40 AM »
I wasn't really following football when May was QB. I mean I was aware of him but I didn't regularly watch or attend entire KSU games until Bishop so I can't judge him or miller or kavenaugh

may was great and kind of a rockstar because california and kind of being irl dick and because first bowl game ever under snyder. like, may showed up and boom we were a 9-2 team out of nowhere and all of the sudden we're studs and we have this stud from california studding it up for all of us. miller was waters but tougher. kavanaugh was coffman. that's pretty much it.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 23, 2014, 11:11:09 AM »
May coming on the heels of Smargiasso also increased his comparative stud status. I mean, I can't even imagine the gEing that would happen if we had Smargiasso at QB. Prototypical FP, TC, etc. And then bam... May steps in and is doing stuff like throwing for 489 in Lincoln.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: November 23, 2014, 05:10:51 PM »
I can't think about Chad May without thinking about how awful his last game was. That Aloha Bowl was the Syracuse Insight Bowl of the mid 90s.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 23, 2014, 06:29:57 PM »
I can't think about Chad May without thinking about how awful his last game was. That Aloha Bowl was the Syracuse Insight Bowl of the mid 90s.
He also lost to Iowa St.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 23, 2014, 07:22:45 PM »

Pretty good qb's in both of those games.

Offline geesiskryst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 23, 2014, 07:55:02 PM »

May was also sacked like a bajillion times that game. gE would have had a banner day bitching about the OL.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: November 23, 2014, 08:46:29 PM »

May was also sacked like a bajillion times that game. gE would have had a banner day bitching about the OL.

Someone should put pre-Internet games on YouTube and we should gE chat them. Might be a good combo fan/summer thing.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 23, 2014, 08:51:08 PM »
Refresh your memory by reading these quotes and then redo your rankings.

http://waitingtillmarriage.org/ksu-quarterback-collin-kleins-first-kiss-was-at-the-alter/

He won a Big XII title so he gets to stay ranked #2

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 23, 2014, 09:11:09 PM »
It would be interesting to see how the range of emotions and attitudes from current gE'rs would translate to the beginning of Snyder 1.0 onward. I mean, it was basically a party from 1991-2000 with a crappy 1992 thrown in. Hard to be cynical when you've never been good. By 1997-98 there would have been some opportunity for frustration, but not really before.

I guess we could go back and look at the early ksufans bball days, and the transition from Wooly to Huggs then Martin, but it still wouldn't really compare.

Side thought: gE bball bbsing during the rise of Snyder 1.0 would have been something else. Sys would have been a delight.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 23, 2014, 09:56:05 PM »
It would be interesting to see how the range of emotions and attitudes from current gE'rs would translate to the beginning of Snyder 1.0 onward. I mean, it was basically a party from 1991-2000 with a crappy 1992 thrown in. Hard to be cynical when you've never been good. By 1997-98 there would have been some opportunity for frustration, but not really before.

I guess we could go back and look at the early ksufans bball days, and the transition from Wooly to Huggs then Martin, but it still wouldn't really compare.

Side thought: gE bball bbsing during the rise of Snyder 1.0 would have been something else. Sys would have been a delight.
I had season tis from 93 through 2000. You're right, even wins against UNLV and hanging within 20 of Nebraska were something then. We got a little greedy as a fanbase from 98 through 2003(the team always seemed to screw up something after winning so many other big battles), which felt pretty stupid from 05 through 08.
You can't underestimate the sadness of KSU hoops under Asbury. Half the team lived across the hall from me during the Manny Dies era. The team would devote practice time to dunking and Asbury spent recruiting budget money to fly to Chicago and watch the Bulls practice.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 23, 2014, 11:22:07 PM »

Pretty good qb's in both of those games.

What? You're talking about the '94 Aloha and the '01 insight? No they didn't, not at all. K-State easily had the better qb in both off those games. Now both BC and Syracuse had freakish dlinemen in Mike Mamula and Dwight Freeney, but the quarterback play for both teams in both games was abhorrent.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 23, 2014, 11:27:03 PM »
it's funny cause i can tell you exactly where i was and who i was with when i watched that kstate/boston college bowl game. at the time it was a bummer and very surprising, but even then i was like who gives a crap, it's just a random bowl game.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 23, 2014, 11:34:23 PM »
I remember too and I hadn't made my mind up yet to go to K-State, I hadn't even considered it. That game didn't mean a thing but it was just so bad, like the '05 KU game but with a loss instead :Yuck:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 24, 2014, 09:40:54 AM »
My first season watching Cats games was with Kavanaugh under center.  My roommates and I would always refer to a delay of game penalty as the "Kavanaugh play".

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 24, 2014, 12:26:35 PM »
true kavanaugh story - his body was shaped like a pear

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 24, 2014, 12:37:42 PM »
Wasn't there a rumor that Chad May was super hung over for the Aloha Bowl?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 24, 2014, 12:41:31 PM »

what a small timey program rumor  :lol:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #896 on: November 24, 2014, 01:21:26 PM »

what a small timey program rumor  :lol:

I saw The Program.  I want my QB on the sauce, sitting on train tracks, etc.

It's when he's not hungover, we have a problem.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 24, 2014, 01:22:44 PM »
What a BIG timey program rumor!

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 25, 2014, 01:03:44 PM »
Here is an interesting article by Mike Lupica regarding KSU going to the Aloha Bowl and the events that took place to bump us out of the Cotton Bowl which is where we should have been.  Many people don't remember it now, but we did get hosed pretty bad in the bowl selection because 6-4-1 Notre Dame got to go to the Fiesta, setting off a chain reaction similar to 1998 when we got pushed down to the Alamo.  In both cases we drew terrible match-ups in the bowl and lost to lower-ranked teams.  Been waiting for a chance to post this for years now, but it's pretty rare that the Aloha gets brought up on gE.

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-12-02/sports/sp-3871_1_notre-dame

"We're a product of a system that doesn't seem to work very well," Snyder said from his office in Manhattan, Kan. "I'm angry about the treatment we've gotten, my players are angry, our fans are angry. But our problem is a problem you run into a lot at this time of year: You don't know where to vent your anger. There isn't an individual or an institution who really seems to be in charge. You just hold it in."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 25, 2014, 02:01:58 PM »
Quote from: ESPN Big 12 blog guy
Kansas State: Is Jake Waters the Big 12’s top clutch signal-caller? The senior has a Big 12-best 79.8 raw QBR on third down. He completes 63.1 percent of his passes, averages 12.42 yards per completion and is sacked just 2.3 percent of the time on third down. Waters is a key reason the Wildcats’ offense is so efficient and productive.