Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3146754 times)

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
ksu reply guys are awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://www.kansan.com/opinion/booths-boost-is-a-bust/article_3d0a017e-e915-11ed-8344-bbd815878866.html

Very regularly it's always something weird AF at KU -

Lew Perkins wines and dines the student senate, enters into some sort of weird student fee agreement where the ath dept gets a bunch of student fees, and eventually the ath dept pays to renovate the student rec center or some kind of word salad BS.   It partially fell through and upon last check KU athletics took "forgiven debt" and booked it as revenue a few years back. The forgiven debt being their student rec center "obligation".

Rock Chalk 30 40 50 year lease park.  Which required FOIA's and all kinds of digging to uncover

Then the private debt funding that the university took to build their cookie cutter "village" or whatever it is on the back side of AFH.  As an aside, RIP multiple Jayhawk JCCC Jersey Chaser Tower buildings  :frown:

Now, according to those guys, KU is going to try and shroud the partially tax payer funded football stadium project in secrecy as well. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sucks to Suck

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
should sell the second rules to finance it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
half their fan base is in prison and the other half are strung out on fentanyl. do i feel bad for them?  hell no, rot in hell, jay-thUg hawks

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
You reap what you sow, that's all I'll say on this subject.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Fitz really went on a 30+ tweet crusade yesterday regarding the KU Academics/Kansas taxpayer money deal. Got JR Claeys involved too.

https://twitter.com/LifeofFitz/status/1658652641780432896
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Claeys was a douchebag when he was frosting his tips 25 years ago and he's still a douche now...

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
should i know who jr claeys is?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
No idea what's going on, there.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Claeys was at K-State in the late 90s/early 2000s. He rose to fame/notoriety when he became the manager of DB92 in 99 or 2000 (can't remember) and systematically/intentionally kicked out programming that didn't fit his vision of what the station should be - basically a modern rock station. If I recall correctly, he initially was going to kill all programming (aside from sports) that wasn't modern rock, but there was so much pushback from the Black Student Union and other groups that he basically got in trouble and had to be forced to dial things back. Instead, anyone with non-rock programming just got shitty timeslots when very few people would listen.

Beyond that, he's just a turd of a person and most people who had interactions with him during his K-State days would say the same (and I say that as someone who wasn't directly impacted by his shenanigans other than finding it stupid that a college radio station would only play one musical format).

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Some people are thinking that Ahearn Fieldhouse is controlled by athletics.  Technically KSA was always a tenant in AFH, and now KSA has left AFH entirely.  So the stimulus money is for whatever academics wants to do with the structure, not athletics.

Oh, and one format at a college radio station is just dumb AF and defeats the entire purpose

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was a teaching assistant for a few semesters at K-State.  That dude was the only one to fail my lab and had to retake it. Can confirm: he's dumb AF

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/NathanSwaffar/status/1664679392272949248?s=20

You guis!  I for one am excited for TSC brothers and sisters!  Second half 2023 we get renderings!!

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
History awaits!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
History awaits!
If we don’t have renderings by 1/1/2024 we riot

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Very exciting! Maybe new carpet in the Anderson Football Complex?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Very exciting! Maybe new carpet in the Anderson Football Complex?

Changing the aesthetic from “cosmic bowling chic” would be a huge mistake, imo

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
geez fellas, we brow beat them into removing the track and now you are goiogn to force them to take down the clipart.  At some point you will ruin all of the jokes

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
geez fellas, we brow beat them into removing the track and now you are goiogn to force them to take down the clipart.  At some point you will ruin all of the jokes
We might get a soccer clip art guy if they are actually going to update the stadium to get a World Cup practice match(?).  That could actually be a best case scenario for jokes.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
the World cup would not touch that facility with your d!ck

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
forgot UIUC has the Hawks in lawrence this year.

Might load up on my Illini gear and swing over to lawrentucky and talk a lot about how hayseedy everything feels.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/ByCASimmons/status/1666949236443824128?t=-GftXfeOsC7LUjGtruJbIw&s=19

I know our little bros live in a town too small for an airport but how can you be so tiny that you don't an Olive Garden.