Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3146031 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Maybe KSU now has the right kind of lawyers and this sean episode will cause one to look at that contract advise KSU how to save $250K/year.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I am not sure why lightpole would do this but if he wanted to make certain the Meadowlark is whispering in Kleiman's ear that he had damn well better deliver more unholy ass whippings to ku, mission accomplished

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't care one bit about it. It's a semi-weird move by both ku and Sean but w/e

I kind of care because we get to fire Bill from being an ambassador now, right?

He’s not an ambassador, it’s part of his severance.  When you fire a guy with his name on the stadium I don’t really think he or his family owe you anything anymore.

He’s ummm, uh, literally in the K-Sports directory as an ambassador?

I think the point is that he's not actually expected or encouraged to do much of anything in that role. It's kind of like "promoting" some guy everyone hates but can't fire to some made up regional position that is really just doing busy work from home.

Gene is still his boss and Gene determines what work Bill does. He is “employed” by K-Sports and that employment can be terminated.

It’s not just a $250k per year handout.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Sorry to interrupt this wonderful BS session, but I got some sad news to share will you fine folks.  CHRIS PETRY, the Gold & Blue Dude passed away this morning.  I enjoyed his numerous podcasts on Youtube.  His podcasts were collections of wild bullshit, but still enjoyable from an entertainment perspective.  I had no idea he was in so much pain, as he never showed it or talked about it.  RIP, Chris.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't care one bit about it. It's a semi-weird move by both ku and Sean but w/e

I kind of care because we get to fire Bill from being an ambassador now, right?

He’s not an ambassador, it’s part of his severance.  When you fire a guy with his name on the stadium I don’t really think he or his family owe you anything anymore.

He’s ummm, uh, literally in the K-Sports directory as an ambassador?

I think the point is that he's not actually expected or encouraged to do much of anything in that role. It's kind of like "promoting" some guy everyone hates but can't fire to some made up regional position that is really just doing busy work from home.

Gene is still his boss and Gene determines what work Bill does. He is “employed” by K-Sports and that employment can be terminated.

It’s not just a $250k per year handout.

Hopefully Gene is sending the K-State Athletics Incorporated IT department over to Bill's house to get him set up and show him out to WFH as the locks/access codes to the VFFC are changed.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I would be pretty surprised if Bill had access to anything of any value anymore.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
I would be pretty surprised if Bill had access to anything of any value anymore.

from an intellectual property standpoint i'm sure that's true. But if he feels so inclined i'm quite sure he can walk right into the Taco Bell at the student union, order every single item on the menu and they'll still be like "sir your money is no good here"

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Did Bill go blind?  I hope not.

No windows in the VFFC?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I'm sure it's something hot dog related, but has dax ever disclosed why he hates Snyder so much?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Very weird post by a very weird poster . . . again

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ain't no way that's accurate. KU football with more fans than Mississippi State and Iowa, 3x as many as Washington State?  Literally no chance.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 08:15:34 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
I'm throwing a challenge flag on this.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
The science is settled

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile

:frown:
Where does "claimed fans" come from. How many home games from 21 to 22? Seems rife with misleading statistics! I call shenanigans.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
hahaha IN OUR BACKYARD
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Where does "claimed fans" come from. How many home games from 21 to 22? Seems rife with misleading statistics! I call shenanigans.

Maybe it's data that Amazon or Google or Netscape has been gathering from our browser history  :ohno:

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Tough day for our bros - all excited to have the draft just down the street from campus and the they're the only team in the league without at least one kid drafted...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Forever Friends!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
ksu reply guys are awful
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles