Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3146452 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #24750 on: February 16, 2023, 09:36:35 AM »
They can do whatever they want. I just recall the constant proclamations that the money would be there with a few phone calls to a small select group of BMD’s.

So this reliance (again) on the government cheese to pay for a substantial portion of an athletic facility project at KU is a surprise.

But yes, shame on the government agencies for allowing this.  Given the  maintenance backlog at all KBOR schools I’m sure there’s an academic building that could use some work.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #24751 on: February 16, 2023, 09:48:32 AM »
The vice chair of the KBOR is one of our biggest benefactors, so double shame.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #24752 on: February 16, 2023, 10:13:13 AM »
The KBOR is nothing but a rubber stamp for capital projects 99.8% of the time. 

The .2 is just a hedge, but I've never seen the KBOR reject a capital project for one its schools, no matter how its funded. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24753 on: February 16, 2023, 03:24:33 PM »
I made the mistake of looking over at Phogistan and the easily confused derps of the Phog think the Kansas Development Finance Authority funded K-State's athletic projects using state funds. 

The KDFA was created by the Kansas legislature to identify funding mechanisms for state entities.  Their job is to simply assist state agencies in accessing capital markets.  K-State Athletics Inc is responsible for all bond servicing and must maintain a debt service reserve at all times until the debt is satisfied.  The debt resides on the books of K-State Athletics Inc and the university itself, with only a dotted line to the state when overall state agency indebtedness is calculated for various reasons.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24754 on: February 16, 2023, 03:30:26 PM »
I knew a kid back in the day who insisted everyone was also on welfare.  It made him feel better.  He was a good kid so definitely not saying anything bad about him.

He turned out fine though so moral of the story is it's not a handout, its a hand up.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24755 on: February 16, 2023, 04:15:28 PM »
I knew a kid back in the day who insisted everyone was also on welfare.  It made him feel better.  He was a good kid so definitely not saying anything bad about him.

He turned out fine though so moral of the story is it's not a handout, its a hand up.

True boot strappers, like Big Bro K-State quietly muscle up to pull their own weight with a reserved and silent stoicism, while dutifully and joyfully (internalized of course) helping the less fortune among us.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24756 on: February 20, 2023, 01:11:13 PM »

True boot strappers, like Big Bro K-State quietly muscle up to pull their own weight with a reserved and silent stoicism, while dutifully and joyfully (internalized of course) helping the less fortune among us.

well said.  There is definitely a quiet enjoyment amongst EMAW to support and encourage the dependent school in Lawrence.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #24758 on: February 27, 2023, 04:18:44 PM »
only one of the dudes was impressed?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24759 on: February 27, 2023, 04:22:14 PM »
Oh man, if they change the default football guy 1991 office park look I don't know what I'm going to do

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24760 on: February 27, 2023, 05:18:00 PM »
False alarm, clip art stays. Adding some LED lighting, though.

Online kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24761 on: February 27, 2023, 06:14:21 PM »
It's so cool they're finally doing things most programs did 5+ years ago.    The I hope the hotel style carpet stays through the final version

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #24762 on: February 27, 2023, 06:57:01 PM »
They should do like the Colorado Rockies and have the clipart guys be outlined in neon lights so they can make it look like he’s catching a touchdown pass or whatever

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LOL

Online kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Me thinks Dodd is yanking some chains

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
His kid goes there or works in the AD

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

One of his legitimate children?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

One of his legitimate children?

That, I do not know

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If the KU special teams so much as bobbles a punt this year I am going to "GOD DAMNIT SEAN" my head off every single time.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Sean to be HCIW for when Lance gets hired away. Then we promote him to KSU if Klieman retires and Sean whipped ass at KU.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
If the KU special teams so much as bobbles a punt this year I am going to "GOD DAMNIT SEAN" my head off every single time.
Was it 2019 where we would have numerous muffed punts in a game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We probably shouldn't make too much of this.  Decent chance Sean is just there to help them white-board diabolical new onside kick tactics or something. 

"I call this one the Prime Directive. Players numbered 41, 43, 47, 53, and 59 line up on the right hash in the shape of a five petaled white floribunda rose."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"This used to work very well...occasionally, on random intervals (cannot stress this enough), do not run your punter out there despite being in punt formation.  You want to get that on film so that the opposition has to plan for it instead of sleeping."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
We probably shouldn't make too much of this.  Decent chance Sean is just there to help them white-board diabolical new onside kick tactics or something. 

"I call this one the Prime Directive. Players numbered 41, 43, 47, 53, and 59 line up on the right hash in the shape of a five petaled white ENGLISH floribunda rose."

FYP