Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145330 times)

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22700 on: May 05, 2021, 07:57:58 AM »
Holy hell, how did no one mention THIS before. I don't know if this is a Miles holdover, or if LL made this change after his arrival.

Behold, I give you the trophy from the KU spring game. Guys, this is NOT photoshopped.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #22701 on: May 05, 2021, 07:59:20 AM »
Quite the look of shame for the blue squad.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22702 on: May 05, 2021, 08:34:18 AM »
 :lol:

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #22703 on: May 05, 2021, 09:29:41 AM »
We even got an honest to God "the setting" post in there too:

One thing we should know by now is football stadium location is meaningless. We probably have a top 10 location and we’ve sucked forever. KSU and ISU have horrendous locations and they’ve kicked the crap out of us recently. If you’re good your location will suddenly become good. I’d hate to see memorial torn down but it makes a lot of sense to build new in some field.

I mean...it probably just sneaks in as a top 10 location if you're just talking about the Big 12 I guess, but that's about it.

Yes, their stadium on the far north side of their campus is a much better location than our stadium on the far north side of our campus and flood aggie's location on the far east side of theirs.
But theirs is near a sledding hill and a pond full of sewage and a goalpost from a win two decades ago.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22704 on: May 05, 2021, 09:33:20 AM »

One thing we should know by now is football stadium location is meaningless. We probably have a top 10 location and we’ve sucked forever. KSU and ISU have horrendous locations and they’ve kicked the crap out of us recently. If you’re good your location will suddenly become good. I’d hate to see memorial torn down but it makes a lot of sense to build new in some field.

I mean...it probably just sneaks in as a top 10 location if you're just talking about the Big 12 I guess, but that's about it.

Serious question... who's worse? Because I've been thinking about all the conference stadiums I've been to, and there isn't one jumping out at me as a bad location. I could also be missing "the setting" qualifier because their stadium is such a complete dump.

There's not a bad stadium location in the B12.

The obsession they have with their location is a big reason why they're still sitting in that dump year after year, and renovation costs continue to sky rocket with a 100+ year old structure.

Luckily they built their little morton building practice facility next to it so they're likely stuck with renovating. (similar to us with Bramlage?)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22705 on: May 05, 2021, 09:35:24 AM »
The Hill is obviously vastly overrated, but I do wish the north side of the athletic complex was student ghetto housing instead of cow poop and other farm stuff
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22706 on: May 05, 2021, 09:58:21 AM »
The Hill is obviously vastly overrated, but I do wish the north side of the athletic complex was student ghetto housing instead of cow poop and other farm stuff

All across the country beautiful landfill hills are popping up.

I think we should start to build one north of the stadium.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22707 on: May 05, 2021, 10:16:44 AM »

That's the part that cracks me up. Those aren't even nice homes north of the stadium that they laude over.

I'm still holding out hope that we can get the new practice facility moved north of the stadium and have a sky bridge over Kimball.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22708 on: May 05, 2021, 11:17:19 AM »

That's the part that cracks me up. Those aren't even nice homes north of the stadium that they laude over.

I'm still holding out hope that we can get the new practice facility moved north of the stadium and have a sky bridge over Kimball.

I just wish they'd put wind turbines on the hill fairly north of it all. The way the stadium is down you really can't see north of Vanier from inside the stadium for like 80% of the seats so wgaf about a setting, it's all about establishing shots at this point for networks and most don't show stuff like that regardless of the school or locale. Additionally with all the structures being built north of kimball at this point it's becoming less of a thing anyways.

I do with though they had built Vanier like one story taller, it's definitely an amazing complex, looks good, etc, but it's just not an imposing structure from the inside like it looks from the outside, especially with the way the SEZ is now.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22709 on: May 05, 2021, 11:35:27 AM »

I'm actually serious, rundown student party houses are one of my favorite things about college towns. I want couches on the porch roof, beer pong tables in the yard, maybe some offensive signage. Would be great.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22710 on: May 05, 2021, 01:31:17 PM »

I'm actually serious, rundown student party houses are one of my favorite things about college towns. I want couches on the porch roof, beer pong tables in the yard, maybe some offensive signage. Would be great.

Would be amazing.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22711 on: May 05, 2021, 01:34:02 PM »

Serious question... who's worse? Because I've been thinking about all the conference stadiums I've been to, and there isn't one jumping out at me as a bad location. I could also be missing "the setting" qualifier because their stadium is such a complete dump.

I’m going to sound like small town Midwest dad complaining that there’s no parking lot around the T-Mobile Center on this one, but it’s OU. It’s a huge pain in the ass to get to & on game day it’s a rough ridin' nightmare to get in/out of. Lindsey St is the closest exit off I-35 to the stadium and it reduces to a 2-lane road between I-35 & the stadium. It would be like if Seth Child was the interstate everyone came into town on, but Kimball reduced to 2-lanes a 1/4 mile east of Seth Child and your only parking option was to drive through all the residential side roads in between to find street parking.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 01:46:21 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22712 on: May 05, 2021, 01:51:12 PM »
LOL, Gaylord is in an awesome location. Basically the exact same if K-State kept building onto Memorial stadium, which would have been pretty cool.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22713 on: May 05, 2021, 01:51:46 PM »

I’m going to sound like small town Midwest dad complaining that there’s no parking lot around the T-Mobile Center on this one, but it’s OU. It’s a huge pain in the ass to get to & on game day it’s a rough ridin' nightmare to get in/out of. Lindsey St is the closest exit off I-35 to the stadium and it reduces to a 2-lane road between I-35 & the stadium. It would be like if Seth Child was the interstate everyone came into town on, but Kimball reduced to 2-lanes a 1/4 mile east of Seth Child and your only parking option was to drive through all the residential side roads in between to find street parking.

that would also be bad if there was like a fire or an explosion of some kind

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22714 on: May 05, 2021, 01:52:23 PM »
OSU is about as perfect as it gets.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22715 on: May 05, 2021, 01:56:27 PM »

:crossfingers: :ROFL:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22716 on: May 05, 2021, 02:07:36 PM »

There is student housing closer to BSFS than whatever their place is called.

I can't agree with you with student ghettos. I lived in Manhattan's for one year and couldn't wait to GTFO.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22717 on: May 05, 2021, 02:14:44 PM »

On the flip side, if they get commuter rail passed in OKC (which it looks like it might happen) a person could ride the train from OKC down to Norman and walk to the stadium...would make it instantly a much desirable option.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #22718 on: May 05, 2021, 02:16:02 PM »
OSU is about as perfect as it gets.
Quite the enjoyable tailgate scene as well as convenient free parking.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22719 on: May 06, 2021, 01:19:18 AM »

There is student housing closer to BSFS than whatever their place is called.

I can't agree with you with student ghettos. I lived in Manhattan's for one year and couldn't wait to GTFO.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but I agree with star seed on this one. Those of us who lived north or east of the stadium (like me) could simply put on our blue "Our Coach Can Eat Your Coach" shirts we bought at Joe College and walk to our friends' places on Mississippi, Illinois, or Indiana on gameday and play beer pong in the yard while watching Iron Todd sling the rock around the field 300 yards away via the satellite TV on the tailgating rig parked in your friends' yard that their landlord had sold for $500/season. It actually was a good experience.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22720 on: May 06, 2021, 01:56:20 AM »
Imagine this scenario on a crisp Autumn day just north of Kansas Memorial Stadium. In your mind's eye, imagine the racoons are the ladies.
https://youtu.be/Ziu2rrNS7S0

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22721 on: May 06, 2021, 06:08:45 AM »
Or in Steve Dave's case, imagine that the raccoons are raccoons.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #22722 on: May 06, 2021, 06:53:26 AM »
that’s right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22723 on: May 06, 2021, 07:31:54 AM »
I had friends who lived directly across the street from Memorial. It was super fun and all around awesome to party there before the KU/K-State game.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22724 on: May 06, 2021, 08:07:26 AM »
I had friends who lived directly across the street from Memorial. It was super fun and all around awesome to party there before the KU/K-State game.

Yeah, agree.  As student it's a pretty fantastic party hopping situation.  However, the alumni pre-game tailgating is not so terrific unless you have donated a bunch for a spot.  Otherwise, good luck trying to find a parking spot for your King Ranch!