Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3208710 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22675 on: April 30, 2021, 05:22:14 PM »
Knute was going to get to Kansas or die trying
How Bazaar...
:adios:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22676 on: April 30, 2021, 10:48:33 PM »
How Bazaar...

I'm confused how a middle eastern market is pertinent here.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22677 on: April 30, 2021, 11:07:01 PM »
How Bazaar...

I'm confused how a middle eastern market is pertinent here.
Maybe learn, k?
:adios:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22678 on: April 30, 2021, 11:46:56 PM »
I heard knute's wife's family lived in kc at the time

Echoes of Harbaugh...  :ROFL:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22679 on: May 01, 2021, 12:04:04 AM »
How Bazaar...

Too early?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22680 on: May 01, 2021, 12:35:09 AM »
Please remove my quoted post from your "jokes". Thanks.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #22681 on: May 01, 2021, 10:35:58 AM »
i can't decide which phase of the KU Football Circle of Life is my favorite.  Whether it's over the course of three years or four years, the following cycle plays over and over:

Phase 1: Alright boys, new coach!  Not the most inspiring hire, but at least we've got a guy who knows football.  let's give him a ton of time.  He should be a great recruiter, and anyone is better than that last clown.

Phase 2: Tough season, but it's obvious we're moving in the right direction.  And none of this is unexpected given the shithole the last coach left us in. Let's be patient.

Phase 3:  Horrible season.  I still think this coach is the guy, but if we don't start seeing results next year I think we need to let him go.

Phase 4:  Fire this idiot.  Why is he recruiting so many jucos?  Our football team is an embarrassment.  Anyone would be better than this clown.
We’re not quite in alignment rn because Les died before becoming the villain.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22682 on: May 01, 2021, 11:25:50 AM »
Setting the betting line at 3.5 years, who's taking the over and who's taking the under on LL?

Just remember, the only football head coach to leave KU since WW2 with a winning record has been the fat man, and even that was only 50-48.

Place your bets now.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22683 on: May 01, 2021, 12:12:43 PM »
Over.  But not by much

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #22684 on: May 01, 2021, 02:13:40 PM »
i can't decide which phase of the KU Football Circle of Life is my favorite.  Whether it's over the course of three years or four years, the following cycle plays over and over:

Phase 1: Alright boys, new coach!  Not the most inspiring hire, but at least we've got a guy who knows football.  let's give him a ton of time.  He should be a great recruiter, and anyone is better than that last clown.

Phase 2: Tough season, but it's obvious we're moving in the right direction.  And none of this is unexpected given the shithole the last coach left us in. Let's be patient.

Phase 3:  Horrible season.  I still think this coach is the guy, but if we don't start seeing results next year I think we need to let him go.

Phase 4:  Fire this idiot.  Why is he recruiting so many jucos?  Our football team is an embarrassment.  Anyone would be better than this clown.
We’re not quite in alignment rn because Les died before becoming the villain.

They'll posthumously crucify him so still directly correct.  Great work, DQ.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22685 on: May 02, 2021, 10:49:09 AM »
I am rooting for him to get 5 wins and then leave for Northern Illinois or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22686 on: May 02, 2021, 11:24:10 AM »
Seems like repeating ritual, like those poor ancient Mayan smucks who were crowned as king for a year and then sacrificed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22687 on: May 02, 2021, 03:41:11 PM »
TIL Northwestern was actually looking for an AD when the guy from there came over to KU. Northwestern made an internal hire today. Does this mean that KU ended up hiring a guy that Northwestern eliminated early in their search process?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22688 on: May 02, 2021, 04:14:24 PM »
TIL Northwestern was actually looking for an AD when the guy from there came over to KU. Northwestern made an internal hire today. Does this mean that KU ended up hiring a guy that Northwestern eliminated early in their search process?

Possibly. It's certainly something I have privately wondered (However, Goff is also a KU alumnus). But also, whatever.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22689 on: May 03, 2021, 07:03:04 AM »
Eh, there could be any number of reasons for that, so I'm not ready to put too much weight into him being 'not good enough' for Northwestern just yet. We shall see though.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22690 on: May 03, 2021, 07:42:07 AM »
Will KUFBHCLL but the paradigm mover that finally unlocks the multi-decade saga of a full renovation of KU Memorial Stadium?

Stay tuned

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22691 on: May 03, 2021, 07:47:29 AM »
Welp, I just checked out the KBOR facilities review, which was on the April board meeting agenda.

While it's always subject to change.  KU has moved the $130m Memorial Stadium renovation out to FY 2027.    So, if nothing changes, we're looking at another 5 years.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22692 on: May 03, 2021, 08:27:12 PM »
Yeah, but based on the comments from the impressive fiscal savants on the phog, they're ready to build a new stadium very soon.

Also, we're a bunch of idiots that just borrow money and still have a shitty toilet bowl of a stadium.

Yes, their stadium smack talk is back.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22694 on: May 04, 2021, 01:48:24 PM »
8yearhawk
Posted on 3 hrs, , User Since 139 months ago, User Post Count: 13807
3 hrs
139 months
National Championship. The Wheel becomes the primary NCAA football sponsor for nationally televised games. Anjelica Ebbi takes up a new hobby of giving me blowies. Upper deck urinals get fixed. That seems like a realistic expectation for a first year program and if we can’t pull that off then we should really think about cutting our losses.

This post was edited by 8yearhawk 3 hours ago

:sdeek:

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22695 on: May 04, 2021, 02:16:12 PM »
8yearhawk
Posted on 3 hrs, , User Since 139 months ago, User Post Count: 13807
3 hrs
139 months
National Championship. The Wheel becomes the primary NCAA football sponsor for nationally televised games. Anjelica Ebbi takes up a new hobby of giving me blowies. Upper deck urinals get fixed. That seems like a realistic expectation for a first year program and if we can’t pull that off then we should really think about cutting our losses.

This post was edited by 8yearhawk 3 hours ago

:sdeek:

You know, I think he can swing all of that except the upper deck urinals being fixed, that is a bridge too far I'm afraid.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22696 on: May 04, 2021, 03:49:29 PM »
We even got an honest to God "the setting" post in there too:

One thing we should know by now is football stadium location is meaningless. We probably have a top 10 location and we’ve sucked forever. KSU and ISU have horrendous locations and they’ve kicked the crap out of us recently. If you’re good your location will suddenly become good. I’d hate to see memorial torn down but it makes a lot of sense to build new in some field.

I mean...it probably just sneaks in as a top 10 location if you're just talking about the Big 12 I guess, but that's about it.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22697 on: May 04, 2021, 08:18:56 PM »
This is an actual Phog quote... in the rough patch of a 13 game losing streak.

Fix the program, then you get to fix the stadium. Luckily, I think the first part is underway.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22698 on: May 04, 2021, 09:41:06 PM »

One thing we should know by now is football stadium location is meaningless. We probably have a top 10 location and we’ve sucked forever. KSU and ISU have horrendous locations and they’ve kicked the crap out of us recently. If you’re good your location will suddenly become good. I’d hate to see memorial torn down but it makes a lot of sense to build new in some field.

I mean...it probably just sneaks in as a top 10 location if you're just talking about the Big 12 I guess, but that's about it.

Yes, their stadium on the far north side of their campus is a much better location than our stadium on the far north side of our campus and flood aggie's location on the far east side of theirs.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22699 on: May 05, 2021, 07:30:32 AM »

Serious question... who's worse? Because I've been thinking about all the conference stadiums I've been to, and there isn't one jumping out at me as a bad location. I could also be missing "the setting" qualifier because their stadium is such a complete dump.