Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3214035 times)

muqluk and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22451 on: March 10, 2021, 03:10:09 PM »
i'm pretty sure it was beaty

Hmm, I didn't know they were buds so I looked into it and dont remember this from last year

https://www.hookem.com/texas-longhorns/20200415/report-kansas-ad-cautioned-texas-hiring-former-football-coach-david-beaty/

It seems like Long was doing everything he could to get KU put on Probation so that he could get his auto contract extension.

Before Beaty started work, Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte called his Kansas counterpart Jeff Long as a courtesy, according to The Star.

“Jeff stated at that point … ‘I wouldn’t do that if I was you. His behavior is egregious,’” Beaty testified. “‘It was definitely Level I.’ And that … I think it made Mr. Del Conte take pause.”

A Level I infraction is considered the most serious by the NCAA. Beaty was later accused of a less serious Level II infraction, which was self-reported to the NCAA by Kansas.

Ultimately, Texas did not hire Beaty. “I have no comment on that issue,” Del Conte told the American-Statesman on Wednesday.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22452 on: March 10, 2021, 03:14:19 PM »
Wow, a coach search and an AD search all at the same time!  They're so lucky.

Under the circumstances, it's less than ideal. Hiring an AD to oversee the worst football program in the P5 and a basketball program a few months away from receiving punishment for 5 "severe" level 1 violations. Don't forget for as bad as it is for football, they also have a punishment pending for violations, although not level 1 violations.

Normally coach and AD searches are very fun, but this won't yield the fun gifts that normally come with such things.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22453 on: March 10, 2021, 03:23:31 PM »
And I don't think we have our next K-Stater fully groomed to infiltrate their AD like Zinger.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22454 on: March 10, 2021, 03:25:30 PM »

Under the circumstances, it's less than ideal. Hiring an AD to oversee the worst football program in the P5 and a basketball program a few months away from receiving punishment for 5 "severe" level 1 violations. Don't forget for as bad as it is for football, they also have a punishment pending for violations, although not level 1 violations.

Normally coach and AD searches are very fun, but this won't yield the fun gifts that normally come with such things.

imagine the boarding though.  gE would need some new servers

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22455 on: March 10, 2021, 03:35:26 PM »
Ron Prince lasted longer than Jeff Long or Les Miles.

:horrorsurprise:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22456 on: March 10, 2021, 03:38:28 PM »
Ron Prince lasted longer than Jeff Long or Les Miles.

:horrorsurprise:

:kugoalposts:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22457 on: March 10, 2021, 03:44:49 PM »

imagine the boarding though.  gE would need some new servers

I imagine it would be awful without hope for the future of the program. When we have had searches, with one exception, it was with the hope that something better would come and come immediately. I can't imagine finding the fun and optimism of what they are going through. KU Athletics is in such a bad place right now that they have a starter and a rotational player out with COVID tracing going into the Big 12 Tournament and NCAA Tournament and no one is saying a word about it. It's like the 4th worst thing going on for them right now. I don't message board miserable.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22458 on: March 10, 2021, 04:25:42 PM »
Didn't an interim AD hire Bill Self?

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22459 on: March 10, 2021, 04:44:22 PM »
It was.  But wasn't it essentially a given if Roy left, it was Self?
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22460 on: March 10, 2021, 05:28:14 PM »
It was.  But wasn't it essentially a given if Roy left, it was Self?

Yeah. Entire country knew Self would be targeted and say yes.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #22461 on: March 10, 2021, 08:43:40 PM »
guys I have dedicated tonight to drawing a warm bubble bath, lighting some votives, and reading the phog for like 2+ hours. It's going to be bliss.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22462 on: March 10, 2021, 09:04:04 PM »
My work calendar is wide open tomorrow and I want to spend part of my afternoon reading gems from the Phog so please indulge me....

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22463 on: March 10, 2021, 10:15:21 PM »
Im 100% with you I was like a kid on Christmas morning when we finally secured Coach Miles, I named my dog after him for gods sake.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22464 on: March 10, 2021, 11:09:41 PM »
I’m catching up on their Les thread that has been going strong for a week. This Nostradamus dropped this on March 4th:

Nothingburger except for any pain or embarrassment this causes his family.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #22465 on: March 11, 2021, 01:25:05 AM »
Im 100% with you I was like a kid on Christmas morning when we finally secured Coach Miles, I named my dog after him for gods sake.
:lol:

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22466 on: March 11, 2021, 06:57:15 AM »
"Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked"

Love me some MP

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22467 on: March 11, 2021, 09:23:16 AM »

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22468 on: March 11, 2021, 09:29:29 AM »
I’ll be honest I’ve never understood the pleasure in KU’s demise but to each their own.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #22469 on: March 11, 2021, 09:38:23 AM »
Just catching up on some of this thread and this is fantastic
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22470 on: March 11, 2021, 09:48:01 AM »
I’ll be honest I’ve never understood the pleasure in KU’s demise but to each their own.
There are tangible reasons. At least in some level, recruiting in state should be slightly easier. And non tangible reasons, they are our in state rival and it's fun to laugh at their follies.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #22471 on: March 11, 2021, 10:39:50 AM »
There are tangible reasons. At least in some level, recruiting in state should be slightly easier. And non tangible reasons, they are our in state rival and it's fun to laugh at their follies.

I get the tangible reasons for why we should want them to suck but I wish they were at least competitive some years, in fact I would not mind if they beat us maybe once out of every 5 years?

Yeah it would suck but it would make bullshitting with my KU friends/coworkers much more enjoyable because if they thought they had a chance to win they might actually care.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22472 on: March 11, 2021, 10:48:37 AM »
Once every 5 years!? Hell no. I'm thinking once every 15-20 years.

More importantly, I'm looking forward to their basketball program's inevitable fall into purgatory. That will hurt them more than any of their self inflicted wounds of the past decade will.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22473 on: March 11, 2021, 10:52:17 AM »

I get the tangible reasons for why we should want them to suck but I wish they were at least competitive some years, in fact I would not mind if they beat us maybe once out of every 5 years?

Yeah it would suck but it would make bullshitting with my KU friends/coworkers much more enjoyable because if they thought they had a chance to win they might actually care.

weird

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #22474 on: March 11, 2021, 11:13:34 AM »
KU needs to commit to something longer than a few years. Between inconsistent juco recruiting and not sticking to a coach long enough to actually develop 4-year players, this is only going to continue. They should be striving for a SLTH right now.