Author Topic: Buy American  (Read 19593 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Buy American
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2013, 09:35:48 PM »
LOL, yeah, the hardworking union shill.

When I think of boot strap America I think of people who have started their own companies, who don't want to be the Union Shill slugging around recruiting, attending the occasional workshop, pinching the secretary's ass and drawing $125K a year, while he shoots the crap with the union boss over scrambled eggs and hash browns and then takes a nap.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2013, 10:03:33 PM »
I like how this thread took a "no rough ridin' crap" turn for the retards, "hey, I bet the tax base evaporated, that's why they went bankrupt".

Good grief mongoloids, no crap.  That doesn't mean the bloated bureaucracy that was left behind should continue to draw on the once wealth that is no more.  With the City, so dies the public sector.  The unions ruined the private sector, and badadadumpdada, the public sector swirled down right behind it

The is so far from complicated its funny.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2013, 10:09:16 PM »
#Butthurt about 6 figure salaries. . . . only when a union is involved. 

Sad, really.  #repub #hipocrisy #viral

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2013, 10:11:01 PM »
detroit may have rapacious public employees and may have incompetent and/or corrupt city mgmt.  i have no idea.

however, even if they had highly skilled labor willing to work for peanuts and efficient and scrupulous mgmt, they'd have an almost impossible problem.  their tax base has collapsed (i'm guessing about a third of their peak?  kk, do you know?) and they're charged with maintaining the infrastructure and services of a city twice it's current size.

it's kind of fascinating.  we have tons of examples of how a city can grow - both well and poorly.  there are few examples of how to successfully contract.  maybe no examples.

I think this is most accurate.  The city shrunk, tax base disinigrated.  Sys is right, there isn't a ton of guidance when a large city just goes away.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2013, 10:13:52 PM »

Shut up. You couldn't look like a bigger Dumbass in this thread.  Really, shut up.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2013, 10:17:41 PM »
Low 6 figures isn't a great living in a city the size of Detroit.

But the unions did screw this up, just like the politicians did.  And the auto industry for failing to adapt.  Not a lot of clean hands.  Detroit was a great American city and we all should be sad it's been wrecked.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2013, 10:39:37 PM »
Low 6 figures isn't a great living in a city the size of Detroit.

But the unions did screw this up, just like the politicians did.  And the auto industry for failing to adapt.  Not a lot of clean hands.  Detroit was a great American city and we all should be sad it's been wrecked.

Some people just don't love America as much as us.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Buy American
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2013, 11:36:49 PM »
btw, pike's outrage about his sixfigga union boss is v. funny.

Yes, it's great.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2013, 11:39:16 PM »
And Detroit's downfall is sad. Gotta love the, "well, what do you expect with liberals running the place?", though.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2013, 03:03:00 AM »
I like how this thread took a "no rough ridin' crap" turn for the retards, "hey, I bet the tax base evaporated, that's why they went bankrupt".

Good grief mongoloids, no crap.  That doesn't mean the bloated bureaucracy that was left behind should continue to draw on the once wealth that is no more.  With the City, so dies the public sector.  The unions ruined the private sector, and badadadumpdada, the public sector swirled down right behind it

This is a thread that the gE libtards can't win

yeah

Yeah. Hundreds of thousands of dollars going towards union thugs that don't contribute crap to the economy. They pull up in their Mercedes once a week when contract negotiations are going, and then vanish for 2 years after that. Man, the union thug bosses care so much.

Am I the only person here with experience in dealing with Unions?

fwiw, I feel like Unions have every right to exist, but I just think it's mumped up how they take advantage of working class people.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2013, 03:07:13 AM »
damn I just realized how pak'd i was on that last post. I refuse to edit it. Go Cats.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2013, 08:04:49 AM »

Gm and the others were profitable with unions and they still shipped their jobs overseas.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2013, 08:07:46 AM »

This is a thread that the gE libtards can't win

yeah

Yeah. Hundreds of thousands of dollars going towards union thugs that don't contribute crap to the economy. They pull up in their Mercedes once a week when contract negotiations are going, and then vanish for 2 years after that. Man, the union thug bosses care so much.

Am I the only person here with experience in dealing with Unions?

fwiw, I feel like Unions have every right to exist, but I just think it's mumped up how they take advantage of working class people.

Yeah there's no large companies that take advantage of working class people and those dollars that "Union thugs" get just sit in their bank and never get spent thus deflating the economy.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2013, 08:16:04 AM »
damn I just realized how pak'd i was on that last post. I refuse to edit it. Go Cats.

And you shouldn't.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2013, 08:21:39 AM »
Red Flags that the libtards are getting crushed:

Public sector private sector analogies
Allusions to "macro factors beyond everyone's control". (is this an MSNBC or NPR talking point I missed, I heard it once as a rationale for the failure of Obamas economic policies)
Blaming management or CEO compensation for the failure of a Union dominated enterprise resulting from an impossible cost structure
The false premise the 2/3 of Detroit vanished over night, rather than over a period of decades

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2013, 08:31:12 AM »
Nah, I think "libtards" as you would say just realize there is more to Americas demise than just " union thugs" and working people.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2013, 08:38:35 AM »
Also the premise the Detroit is a car centric city where the entire population is comprised of "highly skilled"laborers who head off to the factories each morning is completely Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). Wichita has about twice the manf jobs heavily focused in a much more volatile industry.  It just isn't run [entirely] by a bunch of leftist goons.

http://www.manufacturersnews.com/news/charts/Top50CitiesJobsDec2010.pdf

Detroit's problems are much much larger than the auto industry, and have been for a long time. Why the public sector unions think they shouldn't go down with the rest of the city is the primary reason a large majority of Americans hate unions. That and they see first hand how little work they do for the pay they earn.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2013, 08:40:04 AM »
Nah, I think "libtards" as you would say just realize there is more to Americas demise than just " union thugs" and working people.

Add a red flag.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2013, 03:47:26 PM »
LOL at the resident Too Cool for Schoolers who can't admit that if Detroit was a conservative stronghold than the MSM and Liberal Politicians would be having a field day with the situation.

I also appreciate the wide brush KK paints with in just assuming that I'm all for huge CEO payouts at poorly run companies.   

Keep up the deflection resident Obamabots. 

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2013, 03:51:41 PM »
Yeah there's no large companies that take advantage of working class people and those dollars that "Union thugs" get just sit in their bank and never get spent thus deflating the economy.

Stealing money from workers and their companies and then paying the Thug Bosses hundreds of thousands of dollars does not help any economy. To benefit the economy you must produce something, and unions don't do crap.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2013, 05:19:57 PM »

Stealing money from workers and their companies and then paying the Thug Bosses hundreds of thousands of dollars does not help any economy. To benefit the economy you must produce something, and unions don't do crap.

They boosted morale though which in turn boosted production!?!?!?!?!?!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2013, 07:50:12 PM »

Yeah, I don't think anyone said unions are solely to blame for America's, or Detroit's, woes. I certainly don't think anyone blamed "working people."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2013, 10:50:54 PM »

What's your opinion on Penatagon thugs?

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2013, 10:57:34 PM »

Yeah, I don't think anyone said unions are solely to blame for America's, or Detroit's, woes. I certainly don't think anyone blamed "working people."
[/quote
 I take it you just skim pks and Fsds posts.

This whole dancing on the grave of Detroit is pretty sad.

I figured some of you love America so much that you would think its a travesty and wish for the best instead of using platitudes about unions and Democrats.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2013, 11:39:07 PM »

Sounds like it's time to privatize Ol' Detroit.