Author Topic: Buy American  (Read 19592 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Buy American
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2013, 12:28:06 PM »
While the average pension is $30,000 for public safety and $19,000 for other municipal workers, these figures are skewed by workers who retire early with reduced benefits or on disability. A quarter of retired officers receive disability pensions, which pay two-thirds of salary. Fifty-four retirees are under the age of 20 and earn pensions that average $23,300, according to a 2011 actuarial report.

WTF

Also

The actuaries mention as a footnote that the retirement tables "may include records with defective birth dates." Detroit's pension funds, like most of its municipal agencies, keep sloppy records. About 70% of the city's financial journal entries are booked manually.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324783204578624161224137252.html

Isn't Dearborn where all the Muslims live? Hmmm.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2013, 10:23:24 AM »
While the average pension is $30,000 for public safety and $19,000 for other municipal workers, these figures are skewed by workers who retire early with reduced benefits or on disability. A quarter of retired officers receive disability pensions, which pay two-thirds of salary. Fifty-four retirees are under the age of 20 and earn pensions that average $23,300, according to a 2011 actuarial report.

WTF

Also

The actuaries mention as a footnote that the retirement tables "may include records with defective birth dates." Detroit's pension funds, like most of its municipal agencies, keep sloppy records. About 70% of the city's financial journal entries are booked manually.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324783204578624161224137252.html

LOL

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-09/detroit-losing-1-million-check-bares-hobbling-processes.html

In late February, cash-strapped Detroit received a $1 million check from the local school system that wasn’t deposited. The routine payment wound up in a city hall desk drawer, where it was found a month later.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2013, 05:57:01 PM »
the fact that they transfer a million dollars with a physical paper check is more crazy than that they put it in a drawer for a month.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Buy American
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2013, 08:04:15 PM »
the fact that they transfer a million dollars with a physical paper check is more crazy than that they put it in a drawer for a month.

Fantastic point.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2013, 08:52:27 PM »

Uh, no
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2013, 09:33:52 PM »

My first thought was "they actually write a paper check every month?".
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2013, 10:23:07 PM »

Uh, no

uh, shazbot! yes

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2013, 03:23:12 PM »
Not sure you guys understand how these check are "written". The fact that the procedures Detroit had in place to accept regular payments resulted in a guy to puttingt a million dollar check in a drawer and forgetting about it is unfathomable.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2013, 04:06:41 PM »
Not sure you guys understand how these check are "written". The fact that the procedures Detroit had in place to accept regular payments resulted in a guy to puttingt a million dollar check in a drawer and forgetting about it is unfathomable.

It is absolutely one of the crazy things you can imagine.  Then you think about the fact that there is a pretty good amount of circumstantial evidence that points to former mayor Kwame Kilpatrick hosting a party with strippers and cocaine at the mayor's mansion and then later ordering a hit on one of the strippers (with police carrying out the hit) in order to keep her quiet.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2013, 04:09:01 PM »

It is absolutely one of the crazy things you can imagine.  Then you think about the fact that there is a pretty good amount of circumstantial evidence that points to former mayor Kwame Kilpatrick hosting a party with strippers and cocaine at the mayor's mansion and then later ordering a hit on one of the strippers (with police carrying out the hit) in order to keep her quiet.

They need to make a movie about that guy.  Would watch

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2013, 04:12:41 PM »

They need to make a movie about that guy.  Would watch

I don't know how a movie could possibly capture how insane his reign was.  I can't even imagine what that movie would be like.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2013, 04:31:24 PM »

CJK5H
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2013, 05:12:34 PM »

LEt the haters hate, Kwame

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 19, 2013, 04:40:46 PM »
Let me just say that Ann Arbor appears to be doing great.  Much better than Detroit.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2013, 04:49:35 PM »
Let me just say that Ann Arbor appears to be doing great.  Much better than Detroit.

Except it's a dump