Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438463 times)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #225 on: July 23, 2013, 01:04:40 PM »
STEPHEN F. AUSTIN LUMBERCATS

So, these guys are basically in Nacogdoches the middle of goddamn nowhere, east Texas. You go here if you're from DFW or Houston and you couldn't get into SMU, TCU, UH, or Rice and you don't want to spend your college days wasting your life in Huntsville (home of the SHSU bearcatquatz...more later). This is the description of SFA from the Texas college stereotypes thing that's probably been posted on facebook approximately a quadrillion times:

I am drunk or having sex right now. I went to class once. That about sums it up. I am a Lumberjack.

It's pretty accurate. BTW, they're also tiny and poor and will never make it up to FBS unlike the other FCS Texas schools which at least have an outside shot at a Sun Belt invite.

Here's their football stadium.

People pay to go sit on the grass. Srsly.

They did kinda renovate their press box to make it serviceable.

Yeah idk.

They did finally get a scoreboard worth a damn at least.

Thing is, SFA is the closest thing to a basketball school the Southland has. Their arena has two jumbotrons :surprised: and they've had some pretty good success the last few years under Danny Kaspar (who Texas State just stole out from under their poor, broke noses :kstategrad:)

That said, if you drive by and blink, you'll miss it.

I don't have any up close pictures, but the chairs are old and the paint's kinda peeling on a lot of stuff there. That said, for the Southland it's upper tier for a bball arena.

The wall's kinda weird.

Lighting is pretty dungeon-y if you're not right on the floor.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 23, 2013, 01:13:08 PM »

LMAO Lumberjack fans. That is so weird. When the grass is all full in that one picture it looks like the weirdest football stadium design of all-time. Thx 4 the pix ctc. I like learning about Southland teams because I almost never go through these towns.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 23, 2013, 01:39:28 PM »
Georgia Tech Purple Jackets

Their new basketball arena is so goddamn elite. They've taken their old place, which was fine but somewhat antiquated and in no way elite, and made it ridiculously awesome. They gutted everything but the roof.

Reno pic from internet:

So now it reminds me a lot of The Paige. Brand new, gray, very impressive. I snuck in there at 7 in the morning when all but about two flood lights were off, and I only had my celly on me so sorry for the terrible pictures. Also I was in pain because I had just banged my shin on a black table in the suites that I couldn't see because I was dark. Anyhoo.

It's got a pretty big lower bowl with an upper deck of like 4-5 rows. Of course I went to the highest point in the stade for pics (always do :gocho: ).

You can see that even the nosebleeds are pretty on top of things.

This is really interesting. Their concourse makes use of their old basketball arena. Check out how the signs at each section portal are slices of their old court. Would love this kind of thing to be done in the renovated OOD. Just tons of purple and teal and the basketpowercat with fish scales from midcourt.

Old midcourt logo hanging on the ceiling above the concourse. Again, sorry for the turrible picture.

Really fantastic video of the new arena (with lights actually on) shot on some guy's helicam. Watch it.

Their football stadium is so weird, bro. The sideline stands are clean and even and nice...

...but I have no idea what the hell is going on with the bleacher construction behind the end zones. Asymmetry galore, totally patchwork throughout the years. And it has a snaggletooth. I don't know wtf they were thinking. Incredibly G-Teche0.

One single snaggletooth overhang:

Here's a slightly better view of it, stolen from the internet. No idea why they did this. Also is that a tiny greenhouse underneath it behind those windows? What the hell's going on there? Note how there's absolutely no symmetry on the other side of the end zone.

Scoreboard in the other end zone is just ever so slightly off center from the goal posts. "Why measure when we can just eyeball it?" :lol:

You can see the reflection of their urban The Setting in the windows of the press box. :love:

They should've Bilt more seats the first time around and maybe they wouldn't have a weird snaggletooth end zone. :surprised:

Tech fans see this as they exit the stadium. T's and P's on your terrible fans who need reminders, Georgia Tech. :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2013, 01:42:03 PM »
Thx 4 the pix ctc. I like learning about Southland teams because I almost never go through these towns.

Yeah there's basically no reason to ever really go to Natchitoches, Nacogdoches, Huntsville, or Thibodaux without a specific reason, and you only wanna go to Hammond if you wanna get the hell out of Mississippi. Will do SHSU and Lamar next.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 23, 2013, 01:51:22 PM »
Auburn Tigercats: New Huupz!

Their old arena was very much like a bigger City Auditorium. It even had individual wooden seats, woof. Their new place is pretty small (9,121) but is just incredibly elite. It has a museum of Auburn athletics attached in the concourse/lobby/entryway, and it is a lot like a hotel in said concourse as far as carpet and whatnot. But the arena itself is v. nice. Clean sightlines and a small upper deck. And seats that spell stuff, which I like.

But first, the spot where the old oaks of Toomer's Corner were. :frown:

Arena time! Told you the concourse was hotelly.

Seats that spell stuff!

Better view of scoreboard and upper deck.

Their upper deck nosebleeds.

Now on to the museum thingy.

Kiss the rings.

Kiss the rings. Where's your trophy?

Aubie throughout the years.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2013, 02:10:47 PM »
Went to Auburn for a football game 10 years ago.  Stadium is nothing special, the eagle thing they do before the game is pretty cool though.  Never really got a feel for how loud the fans could be because they were shutout.  Also the campus is gigantic and the traffic getting out of the campus after a game is terrible.  Felt like all ~80K people were going down the same two-lane road.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2013, 02:15:33 PM »
Wut. Auburn's stadium is great.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2013, 02:19:03 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was bad but it just didn't impress me that much.  It seemed like a perfectly symmetrical box with lots of ramps.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 23, 2013, 02:21:01 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was bad but it just didn't impress me that much.  It seemed like a perfectly symmetrical box with lots of ramps.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 23, 2013, 02:24:46 PM »
Different strokes for different folks.  The outside of the stadium is just tons of concrete (think KU but much larger).  Nice and unique exterior architecture is what moves a stadium from "meh" to :love: for me.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 23, 2013, 02:39:57 PM »
you thinkin' what I'm thinkin' skin ben?

Oh my heavens so sorry sb I've been MIA for a couple of days. I was thinkin' maybe they could set up a 1 for 1 chair/table swap to even things out.  You like standing and eating? You like holding a plate on your lap? You really need a table AND chairs is what I was getting at

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 23, 2013, 02:50:12 PM »
:don'tcare:

I'm gonna present this one without comment and yous guys can tell me all the crazy crap you see going on in this picture.

Hey SB, I haven't forgotten about ya bro! :fistpound:

1. I think the wall under the American flag was modeled after the outside of Kemper Arena because these dudes are big Blades fans? Maybe as a tribute to the KC Kings? Not sure, but I appreciated it as a KC native!
2. Roof looks like a camping tent covered in white post it notes. I prefer yellow/goldenrod post it notes but to each his own I guess.
3. Looks like they have a nice West Side Chair Back area at around the 50. 3 sections with like 6 or 8 rows of elite green chairs, the chairs don't spell anything, but still, its nice.
4. White stuff in the bottom right corner? I'm guessing sand that spilled out of the long jump sand pit. Or possibly chowder from when right before some one goes on the uneven bars.
5. I'm guessing those are speakers hanging above the stands pointing right at your face? That is pretty cool. When they listen to "We ready, We-e Rea-dy, WE READY, FOR Y'ALL" I bet is doesn't sound very echo-y or delayed etc.

What else is crazy about this pic Skin Skin Benny Ben Skinny Ben Boo?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 23, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »
you thinkin' what I'm thinkin' skin ben?

Oh my heavens so sorry sb I've been MIA for a couple of days. I was thinkin' maybe they could set up a 1 for 1 chair/table swap to even things out.  You like standing and eating? You like holding a plate on your lap? You really need a table AND chairs is what I was getting at

That's a solid point. I think maybe the athletic director from Idaho should call the athletic director from Washington State and sing him this song.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 23, 2013, 07:29:39 PM »

I'm gonna present this one without comment and yous guys can tell me all the crazy crap you see going on in this picture.

Hey SB, I haven't forgotten about ya bro! :fistpound:

1. I think the wall under the American flag was modeled after the outside of Kemper Arena because these dudes are big Blades fans? Maybe as a tribute to the KC Kings? Not sure, but I appreciated it as a KC native!
2. Roof looks like a camping tent covered in white post it notes. I prefer yellow/goldenrod post it notes but to each his own I guess.
3. Looks like they have a nice West Side Chair Back area at around the 50. 3 sections with like 6 or 8 rows of elite green chairs, the chairs don't spell anything, but still, its nice.
4. White stuff in the bottom right corner? I'm guessing sand that spilled out of the long jump sand pit. Or possibly chowder from when right before some one goes on the uneven bars.
5. I'm guessing those are speakers hanging above the stands pointing right at your face? That is pretty cool. When they listen to "We ready, We-e Rea-dy, WE READY, FOR Y'ALL" I bet is doesn't sound very echo-y or delayed etc.

What else is crazy about this pic Skin Skin Benny Ben Skinny Ben Boo?

Man oh man CartierFor3, you really nailed it. Some adds:

1. The Kemper Arena thing is definitely something I thought of too but I really think it's more of an homage to the Kansas City Renegades since that's where so many Vandals end up.

2. What's with the paneling on the far wall that goes up with the bleachers along that wall? It's uneven. It's like they don't know anything about the Slope formula or something. LSFIQ.

3. That goalpost with the missing crossbar seriously just makes me so sad. :frown:

4. Big windows! Glare! Eat your heart out, Allen Fieldhouse. :gocho:

5. Just so much stuff sitting out all around the track. Is that a giant pile of rags or is that a big white parachute? Legit can't tell, but why is it there? It's like they had a huge party (Nicki Sixxx concert?) but are still too hung over to get off their asses and clean up.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 23, 2013, 09:28:48 PM »

Building a practice facility inside a blimp it pretty elite.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #240 on: July 23, 2013, 10:05:23 PM »

Building a practice facility inside a blimp it pretty elite.

There's the Frankenklein one-liner that I've been missing! :excited:

Offline BushBlister

• Combo-Fan
  • MINION TIME!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 23, 2013, 11:55:32 PM »
Hey you ding-dongs you need to respond abut Wyoming's new field. Do you like it?

man, you a response whore
i got a laptop now

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 24, 2013, 12:01:20 AM »
do u like it

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2013, 12:13:54 AM »

Tech fans see this as they exit the stadium. T's and P's on your terrible fans who need reminders, Georgia Tech. :frown:

What if this is just at the exit closest to the visiting fans section?  :dunno: SB?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2013, 12:33:09 AM »
nope :frown:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 24, 2013, 07:30:05 AM »
STEPHEN F. AUSTIN LUMBERCATS

So, these guys are basically in Nacogdoches the middle of goddamn nowhere, east Texas. You go here if you're from DFW or Houston and you couldn't get into SMU, TCU, UH, or Rice and you don't want to spend your college days wasting your life in Huntsville (home of the SHSU bearcatquatz...more later). This is the description of SFA from the Texas college stereotypes thing that's probably been posted on facebook approximately a quadrillion times:

I am drunk or having sex right now. I went to class once. That about sums it up. I am a Lumberjack.

It's pretty accurate. BTW, they're also tiny and poor and will never make it up to FBS unlike the other FCS Texas schools which at least have an outside shot at a Sun Belt invite.

Here's their football stadium.

In all fairness, the people from Northern Dakota are seven kinds of giddy about getting to buy $35 tickets to sit on our grassy hill in the NE corner of our amazeballs stadium...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bears are fast...

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 24, 2013, 07:50:55 AM »
That's probably because our allotment is sold out, and this is the next cheapest option, but yea. Fuckin hilarious right?!
titletown..lulz

Offline Harry Doyle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 24, 2013, 08:11:51 AM »
That's probably because our allotment is sold out, and this is the next cheapest option, but yea. Fuckin hilarious right?!

Lol, we don't sell allotments to foreign countries. It's a tax thing, you know.

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 24, 2013, 08:15:51 AM »

titletown..lulz

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #249 on: July 24, 2013, 08:21:08 AM »

No Bison fans in the Manhattan Towncenter Endzone Funzone???