Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1007121 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #6875 on: May 10, 2017, 11:23:21 AM »
Zipline to the K imo
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: May 10, 2017, 11:28:46 AM »
Just build a tower in tower park and gondola that bitch

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: May 10, 2017, 11:35:26 AM »
Just build a tower in tower park and gondola that bitch

there already is a tower in tower park. that's where they got the name

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: May 10, 2017, 11:37:20 AM »
Halfway there

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: May 10, 2017, 11:45:48 AM »
I feel like light rail has been a colossal failure in all cities except for NY and Chicago (maybe SF too idk). 

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: May 10, 2017, 11:51:31 AM »
I feel like light rail has been a colossal failure in all cities except for NY and Chicago (maybe SF too idk).

By what measure?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: May 10, 2017, 11:53:38 AM »
i am jealous of SLC's trax

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: May 10, 2017, 11:54:00 AM »
He means dedicated bus lane not open to other traffic

you wouldn't be able to drive in the same lane as the streetcar?  :Wha:

I don't think you're understanding. When clams says there "is no full-time bus lane", he's referring to a dedicated lane that only busses can use. It's not a very good point, but I would be fine giving busses/streetcar dedicated lanes on Main where there is space.

I pretty much only drive on main on Saturday/Sunday afternoons, so maybe it gets more congested than I think, but adding a streetcar seems like a pretty damn minor addition to the traffic

do you think it would be easier for Main (3 lanes) or Troost (2 lanes) to handle a streetcar?
troost, how is that not obvious to you?  oh i get it, because you're doing your best to support an indefensible position

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: May 10, 2017, 11:56:00 AM »
can you guys run some analysis on a Waldo to the K streetcar line

max from waldo to plaza, royals express from plaza to k, $7

oh nevermind, the KCATA, in their infinite wisdom, canned the royals/chiefs express about 5 years ago

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: May 10, 2017, 11:57:03 AM »
The only negative of expansion to me is the time to get from downtown to the plaza would be like 45 minutes or something right? I'm not sure if you can truly connect the districts with ride times like that.

LOL no. i take the max regularly and it's nowhere near that. like maybe 20 mins

hey traffic engineer, he's talking about on the street car.  oh what an exciting ride that would be.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6885 on: May 10, 2017, 12:00:08 PM »
Troost was studied. It sadly doesn't have community support nor the taxing capacity to support this level of investment at this point. The troost max is helping.

Main has a lot of room for redevelopment and has plenty of capacity to be redesigned to fit streetcar.

you're talking about redevelopment which is true about any place, anywhere.   there isn't a bunch of undeveloped lots b/w midtown and the 64112

hard to believe that the troost area residents said no to a $200M streetcar for free, really hard.  like, "hey don't develop our ghetto" type hard to believe.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: May 10, 2017, 12:02:10 PM »
the troost residents must be those NIMBY types, eh?  i bet they disapproved of the $1B airport termy too, what clowns

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: May 10, 2017, 12:15:08 PM »

By what measure?

Ridership.  Let's take San Diego for example, they currently have 53.5 miles and are currently adding 11 more miles of track from downtown up to the UCSD area.  I literally do not know a single person that uses it, not just daily but like ever.  It's too time prohibitive.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: May 10, 2017, 12:16:39 PM »
Troost was studied. It sadly doesn't have community support nor the taxing capacity to support this level of investment at this point. The troost max is helping.

Main has a lot of room for redevelopment and has plenty of capacity to be redesigned to fit streetcar.

you're talking about redevelopment which is true about any place, anywhere.   there isn't a bunch of undeveloped lots b/w midtown and the 64112

hard to believe that the troost area residents said no to a $200M streetcar for free, really hard.  like, "hey don't develop our ghetto" type hard to believe.

These topics would be more productive if you #educated yourself on them.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: May 10, 2017, 12:18:08 PM »

oh nevermind, the KCATA, in their infinite wisdom, canned the royals/chiefs express about 5 years ago

Max to 47 bus. 1.50 each way. Royals express was killed due to W. Bush era rules on transit running special routes that may compete with private business.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: May 10, 2017, 12:43:30 PM »

Max to 47 bus. 1.50 each way. Royals express was killed due to W. Bush era rules on transit running special routes that may compete with private business.

sure thing, except that had nothing to do it

"hey, the federal government said we can't run a bus to the stadium sorry guys!"

lulz

anyone that believes that probably works in the public sector

The Big Train

« Reply #6891 on: May 10, 2017, 12:43:45 PM »
From a non-KC resident looking in seems like the SC has been a huge success so whatever the next planned route will probably have the same result

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: May 10, 2017, 12:55:41 PM »
I think St. Louis' train has been a success - folks I know that live in the "city" there tell me being able to walk to the a station adds to home value as that train actually goes to the airport and their all their stadiums are downtown.

my main experience with it was using it prior to 9/11as a ride to get something to eat on STL layovers and the first saturday in December, 1998.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: May 10, 2017, 01:12:26 PM »

I don't think you're understanding. When clams says there "is no full-time bus lane", he's referring to a dedicated lane that only busses can use. It's not a very good point, but I would be fine giving busses/streetcar dedicated lanes on Main where there is space.

I pretty much only drive on main on Saturday/Sunday afternoons, so maybe it gets more congested than I think, but adding a streetcar seems like a pretty damn minor addition to the traffic

do you think it would be easier for Main (3 lanes) or Troost (2 lanes) to handle a streetcar?
troost, how is that not obvious to you?  oh i get it, because you're doing your best to support an indefensible position

indefensible? you're being intellectually dishonest

"2>3" -clams

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: May 10, 2017, 01:15:08 PM »
From a non-KC resident looking in seems like the SC has been a huge success so whatever the next planned route will probably have the same result
Yeah, it's been great, for lazy asses who can't walk two miles.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: May 10, 2017, 01:31:42 PM »

indefensible? you're being intellectually dishonest

"2>3" -clams

there's less traffic on troost which which would make it easier for the street to "handle the streetcar" to use your terms

it's insane that anyone would support handicapping the main corridor of our city by using the false pretense of "development" to deploy toy trains who move 100 feet at a time before loading/unloading olathe residents between CVS and UMKC

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: May 10, 2017, 01:33:05 PM »

fortunately for people in the right, like myself, infrastructure projects' success isn't measured in months

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: May 10, 2017, 01:33:58 PM »
Yeah, it's been great, for lazy asses who can't walk two miles.

Like those gross elderly, people with kids, and handicap right wacky? Eff them.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: May 10, 2017, 01:35:21 PM »
I'm holding out for the Sni-a-bar streetcar.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: May 10, 2017, 01:36:43 PM »
 :facepalm: They made it around just fine before this was created, dummy. This isn't a game changer for them for a 2 mile radius. Also, it's the farmers market, bar, bar, bar, strip club, bar, bar, bar, crown center. I don't believe much of the in between stuff applies to those ppl you're so "concerned about", Phil.