Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 655996 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #6900 on: July 16, 2024, 10:22:54 PM »
Benji just buy your games from the online store on your Xbox and download it, you don’t need to go to GameStop.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: July 17, 2024, 12:33:38 AM »
Benji just buy your games from the online store on your Xbox and download it, you don’t need to go to GameStop.
I was looking to buy an Xbox series s from GameStop not the game.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: July 17, 2024, 12:36:16 AM »
Also had a huge glitch playing online against another person. They went for it on fourth and goal from the 3 yard line...stuffed them(it was actually Miami I was playing which was lol) and then they gave me the ball at the Miami 3yard line the next series.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: July 17, 2024, 12:38:24 AM »
I've had dudes catch a kickoff at the 5, run backwards and then get tackled in the endzone for a touchback
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline KST8FAN

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: July 17, 2024, 07:33:45 AM »
Those ASG uniforms last night took me back to my Earl Weaver Baseball playing days.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: July 17, 2024, 08:29:56 AM »
So I played last night and I have to say, I was marginally disappointed. I'm sure I'll feel better once I get hold of gameplay. I don't love the K-State playbook, the playbook in general. I'm getting delay of game, out the ass. I played flood aggie on All American, that's the mode I played on '14 and got absolutely murdered. I played them again on varsity and completely turned the tables. It's overall much harder to play.

The stadium looks amazing, they have the pyro after scores too, which is cool. No Willie and the weird ass jazz band rendition of the fight song and wabash was beyond a bummer. They do have sandstorm but it's very underwhelming.

We overhyped this game so the initial impressions are kind of meh, but it will get better the more it gets played.

I really like the playbook feature of calling a play for a certain player.

Agreed but averys is too limited.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: July 17, 2024, 08:34:56 AM »
So I played last night and I have to say, I was marginally disappointed. I'm sure I'll feel better once I get hold of gameplay. I don't love the K-State playbook, the playbook in general. I'm getting delay of game, out the ass. I played flood aggie on All American, that's the mode I played on '14 and got absolutely murdered. I played them again on varsity and completely turned the tables. It's overall much harder to play.

The stadium looks amazing, they have the pyro after scores too, which is cool. No Willie and the weird ass jazz band rendition of the fight song and wabash was beyond a bummer. They do have sandstorm but it's very underwhelming.

We overhyped this game so the initial impressions are kind of meh, but it will get better the more it gets played.

Really don't like our defensive playbook. The offensive is a little better but doesn't feel like ours at all. Need to find some plays online and favorite them. Currently I'm just doing coaches suggestions to get an idea of the plays

Running is much easier imo but that's maybe due to our dudes.

Defense is too bendy breaky although played my first online game and it was much tougher with lots of picks for me and the other dude.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: July 17, 2024, 08:40:29 AM »
At one point in 2012 I was the 333rd ranked player on however Xbox determined their ranking (I quickly fell back down to the 1,000's where I normally was), played exclusively with K-State and just Snyder balled people to death. Slow grinding offense featuring plenty of CK7 Power runs and some deep shots. The defense was bend but don't break, shorten the game and win by 3-7 against better teams.

I'm never getting back there but I'm at least going to get good enough to be over .500 in online play.

I knew a guy that played EA Hockey just to get really good and high rated. I learned that you could sell your team or whatever and weirdos would buy a good team as opposed to grinding themselves. He did this for a long time and sold his team on EBay or whatever and the buyer did a charge back so he lost his team and never got paid. I still laugh about that to this day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: July 17, 2024, 10:23:22 PM »
Avery Johnson - shotgun qb zone
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: July 18, 2024, 07:50:04 AM »

I'm just dropping back on about any running play and running around the DE with him and 20+ yards. Seems OP but then I remember watching him in real life.

The field goals are entirely too complex and unforgiving on the angles.

Fixed my complaint about the defensive packages by not running 3-3-5 Defense with K-state and moving it to "multiple"

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: July 18, 2024, 04:54:27 PM »
3-3-5 is garbage

There's a stretch running play that is good for about 15 every time I run it (although it's susceptible to holding calls).  Currently I'm doing what Dimel couldn't, building up UTEP into a contender

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: July 18, 2024, 04:55:45 PM »

I'm just dropping back on about any running play and running around the DE with him and 20+ yards. Seems OP but then I remember watching him in real life.

The field goals are entirely too complex and unforgiving on the angles.

Fixed my complaint about the defensive packages by not running 3-3-5 Defense with K-state and moving it to "multiple"
Change the camera for kicks. It helps alot with kicks

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: July 18, 2024, 04:58:04 PM »
3-3-5 is garbage

There's a stretch running play that is good for about 15 every time I run it (although it's susceptible to holding calls).  Currently I'm doing what Dimel couldn't, building up UTEP into a contender
Also 3-3-5 will be a lot better when I recruit better d backs

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: July 24, 2024, 02:47:47 PM »
Ha, I never really played video games much, but did want to play the new CFB game. Was on vacation when it came out so I just went down to download it for Lil SF and couldn't figure it out. Just learned that I have to buy a new Xbox to play. He doesn't really play that much and I just got this xbox one like 3 years ago. Guess I should have held out for the newer one. Sorry Lil Bud, not happening.  :frown:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: July 24, 2024, 02:52:45 PM »
The "new" one came out 4 years ago

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6915 on: July 24, 2024, 03:01:31 PM »
I didn't intend that to be mean, just like it's already halfway through it's life cycle

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: July 24, 2024, 03:03:11 PM »
The "new" one came out 4 years ago

Yeah, I know, I just don't follow it much. I remember asking some people when I bought the Xbox one as it was pretty hard to find the S and they said i'd be fine. Seems I was wrong and should have waited a bit to find one.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: July 24, 2024, 03:08:28 PM »
To be honest, you're really not missing much. Maybe patches will make it better but this is an unfinished beta level game right now. Unfortunately this has become the standard for basically all aaa titles.