Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 429317 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #800 on: May 22, 2014, 09:23:15 AM »
This thread is worthless without a chart magnifying bee death anomalies.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 22, 2014, 09:37:17 AM »
I would have guessed it was about GMO's! Which is almost at the level of anti-vacc wackos but not quite.
I think it's hilarious how far right and far left people are against GMOs and vaccinations. Maybe it's just conspiracy whackos in general from both sides? Probably should be in another thread,  continue on.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 22, 2014, 09:42:59 AM »
I would have guessed it was about GMO's! Which is almost at the level of anti-vacc wackos but not quite.
I think it's hilarious how far right and far left people are against GMOs and vaccinations. Maybe it's just conspiracy whackos in general from both sides? Probably should be in another thread,  continue on.

The gmo labeling push has a ton of support from the mainstream left. The anti vaccination crowd is a little more extreme.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 22, 2014, 10:43:40 AM »

The gmo labeling push has a ton of support from the mainstream left. The anti vaccination crowd is a little more extreme.

You obviously haven't listened to enough Alex Jones.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 22, 2014, 10:54:54 AM »

The GMO labs in Kauai have had to install razor wire and armed guards to keep the wackos out. You see anti-GMO signs in front yards around the island.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 22, 2014, 10:59:39 AM »
It is speculated that anti GMO's have purposefully pollinated non-GMO crops with GMO's in order to further their argument.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 22, 2014, 12:01:03 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/22/politics/steyer-climate-change-campaign/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
You didn't believe it when I quoted that story from FOXNEWS? I mean, I don't think they make up the quotes.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 22, 2014, 12:04:18 PM »

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 22, 2014, 12:07:34 PM »
"Our goal is very clear: to impact the politics as it relates to climate in a time period that will result in policies that allow our country and the world to avoid the perils of climate change," said Chris Lehane, a Democratic strategist advising the super PAC. "In a sense, it's a race against time."

This will surely help decide the issue and provide clear solutions, right?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/22/environmentalist-super-pac-to-spend-100m-to-back-democrats-in-senate-races/?intcmp=latestnews
I don't like being completely overlooked. :cry:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: May 22, 2014, 12:08:24 PM »
Progressive mindset dictates that Steyer ='s Good   Koch ='s Bad

We won't even mention the fact that Steyer made his billions on the back of fossil fuels.

Now he's clearly hedging his bets on the other side of the fence in order to put more money in his pocket.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 22, 2014, 12:12:14 PM »
I think all super-PAC's are pretty awful.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 22, 2014, 12:17:45 PM »
"Our goal is very clear: to impact the politics as it relates to climate in a time period that will result in policies that allow our country and the world to avoid the perils of climate change," said Chris Lehane, a Democratic strategist advising the super PAC. "In a sense, it's a race against time."

This will surely help decide the issue and provide clear solutions, right?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/22/environmentalist-super-pac-to-spend-100m-to-back-democrats-in-senate-races/?intcmp=latestnews
I don't like being completely overlooked. :cry:

You can't post Fox News links here. The libs won't read it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 22, 2014, 12:26:33 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/22/politics/steyer-climate-change-campaign/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
You didn't believe it when I quoted that story from FOXNEWS? I mean, I don't think they make up the quotes.

DNR, sorry Dobbs.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 22, 2014, 12:27:33 PM »
To be fair, I rarely click links here.  I wait until ppl post the story.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 22, 2014, 12:31:04 PM »
YOU POSTED A LINK!!!!  (I'm "just jk", you know?)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 22, 2014, 12:51:48 PM »
The U.S. is clearly on a path of CO2 reduction (unlike Russia, China, India), and the U.S. clearly does not need any type of radicalized policy in order to continue down the path of CO2 reduction (and the most interesting thing is, the true scientists are saying that there's no way it can be definitively said that C02 is causing climate change.   Or they are saying that IF C02 is causing climate change or climate forcing they are still years away at best, and may likely never understand the full extent of the impact of C02 emissions on the climate.  At the end of the day, real scientists say again and again in peer reviewed paper after paper they simply don't know, and that the science is far from settled and many scoff at the notion of a "settled science"). 

The following article by Roger Pielke a climate and atmospheric scientist of some renown and a believer that man made emissions are impacting the environment (like most of us, duh) excoriates John Holdren, one of the senior science advisers for the Obama Administration.   I will say that I absolutely disagree with Pielke's call for additional taxes to mitigate the impact of man made emissions, because the things that emit the speculated harmful gasses are already taxed at extremely high levels.  But back to the article, Pielke attacks the claim that AGW is causing an increase in substantial climate/weather events like floods, storms etc. etc.   Or in other words, normal weather events are being exaggerated and politicized for the advancement of a political movement, and Pielke is saying there's no way such a claim can be made at this time based on the best information available.   Peilke is one of a few experts who are are attempting to stay above the environmental political agenda, unfortunately everytime Peilke (or similar) speaks out, along comes some government cheeser dining at the trough of government largess to shout them down. 

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116887/does-climate-change-cause-extreme-weather-i-said-no-and-was-attacked

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 22, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »
YOU POSTED A LINK!!!!  (I'm "just jk", you know?)

We are all hypocrites.  Don't you read FSD's stuff?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 22, 2014, 01:25:37 PM »
At the end of the day, real scientists say again and again in peer reviewed paper after paper they simply don't know, and that the science is far from settled and many scoff at the notion of a "settled science"). 

I think the "science is settled" talking point (which mostly comes in a mocking tone from the right) is referring to the greenhouse effect. The greenhouse effect isn't disputed by any legitimate scientists, but you're correct that the full extent of the human impact on the greenhouse effect will likely never be fully understood or predictable. It's just too complex.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 22, 2014, 01:46:56 PM »
At the end of the day, real scientists say again and again in peer reviewed paper after paper they simply don't know, and that the science is far from settled and many scoff at the notion of a "settled science"). 

I think the "science is settled" talking point (which mostly comes in a mocking tone from the right) is referring to the greenhouse effect. The greenhouse effect isn't disputed by any legitimate scientists, but you're correct that the full extent of the human impact on the greenhouse effect will likely never be fully understood or predictable. It's just too complex.

The various iterations of the "Science is settled" typically come from the left, they are then seized upon by the right to point out the absurdity of a settled scientific matter when it relates to something as complex as the climate.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 22, 2014, 01:52:03 PM »

The various iterations of the "Science is settled" typically come from the left, they are then seized upon by the right to point out the absurdity of a settled scientific matter when it relates to something as complex as the climate.

the seizure of phrases such as this make it impossible to take anyone using it that way seriously.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 22, 2014, 01:52:41 PM »
I've only ever heard "the science is settled" from ksu and Dax types
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 22, 2014, 02:12:51 PM »

the seizure of phrases such as this make it impossible to take anyone using it that way seriously.

But I or many like me would never use the phrase the "science is settled" if it hadn't been used for years (at this point) but AGW proponents.    If you haven't seen the usage of that phrase again and again by AGW proponents then you must not have been paying very close attention for very long.

The scientific consensus on whether human beings are causing global climate change is largely settled – we are causing it.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/belair/ph-ag-david-ppt-column-0514-20140512,0,5271320.story#ixzz32TOAiEzF

You can find statements of this type littering news articles, journals, lectures etc. etc. spanning back years.

The debate on climate change is settled: it is here, it is human-caused, and it is already having a devastating impact on our communities, but we need to accelerate the level of political support to address this critical issue before it’s too late,” Fossil Fuel Billionaire Tom Steyer, now trying to become Green Energy multi-billionaire.

It took all of about 1 minute to find two examples. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 22, 2014, 02:23:37 PM »
I understand why you repeat it over and over and over....do you understand why your constant use of the phrase makes you look like an idiot that can't participate in a rational conversation?