Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 427620 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« on: June 09, 2013, 08:22:12 AM »
Doesn't the whole man made climate change hysteria fall apart?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 08:47:02 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 01:03:50 PM »
BUT THE MODELS ARE MADE FROM SCIENCES!!!

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 02:34:47 PM »
So the models are all wrong, and "over the past 15 years air temperatures at the Earth’s surface have been flat while greenhouse-gas emissions have continued to soar." These are not good days for the carbon alarmists. Seems like about all they've got left is some hope that all the warming is "hiding deep in the oceans."

I'm hard pressed to think of a bigger fraud promoted by such a significant chunk of the "scientific community" for as long as this has. Any ideas?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 05:12:54 PM »
If you can :dnr: a graph, then :dnr:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 10:08:41 PM »
If you can :dnr: a graph, then :dnr:

Willful ignorance, yay.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 10:17:07 PM »
Another reason to plant trees at bsfs

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 07:05:41 AM »
Another reason to plant trees at bsfs

yep

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 09:28:57 AM »
Hot off the presses, this isn't from the Onion - it's the New York Times: What to Make of a Warming Plateau. Some of the best excerpts:

As unlikely as this may sound, we have lucked out in recent years when it comes to global warming. The rise in the surface temperature of earth has been markedly slower over the last 15 years than in the 20 years before that. And that lull in warming has occurred even as greenhouse gases have accumulated in the atmosphere at a record pace.

Oh, we just got lucky! Reminds of the Time or Newsweek (I think) article a few years back that attributed the lull in warming to the "earth fighting back." :lol:

The slowdown is a bit of a mystery to climate scientists. :lol: True, the basic theory that predicts a warming of the planet in response to human emissions does not suggest that warming should be smooth and continuous. To the contrary, in a climate system still dominated by natural variability, there is every reason to think the warming will proceed in fits and starts.

But given how much is riding on the scientific forecast, [$$$] the practitioners of climate science would like to understand exactly what is going on. They admit that they do not, even though some potential mechanisms of the slowdown have been suggested. The situation highlights important gaps in our knowledge of the climate system, some of which cannot be closed until we get better measurements from high in space and from deep in the ocean.

So... the science isn't settled? And I love the "the warming's gotta be hiding deep in the ocean!" meme. Congrats Democrats - man made global warming has become your Iraq WMD.

As you might imagine, those dismissive of climate-change concerns have made much of this warming plateau. They typically argue that “global warming stopped 15 years ago” or some similar statement, and then assert that this disproves the whole notion that greenhouse gases are causing warming.

Rarely do they mention that most of the warmest years in the historical record have occurred recently. Moreover, their claim depends on careful selection of the starting and ending points. The starting point is almost always 1998, a particularly warm year because of a strong El Niño weather pattern.

Scientists and statisticians reject this sort of selective use of numbers, and when they calculate the long-term temperature trends for the earth, they conclude that it continues to warm through time. Despite the recent lull, it is an open question whether the pace of that warming has undergone any lasting shift.

So now the skeptics are the ones "cherry picking" the numbers?!?! This, from the crowd that conveniently ignores pre-industrial age eras of much higher temperatures?!?! :lol:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 09:59:08 AM »
Assume some of you have read this?

http://www.lomborg.com/publications/cool_it

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »
Breaking: Global Warming has been spotted!!!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 10:21:05 AM »
kick their asses k-s-u-w

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 11:33:40 AM »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 01:08:04 PM »
I'm not an alarmist by any means, but the Earth is indeed warming.  Climate change is a real thing.  14 of the last 15 years have been the hottest average global temperatures on record.  The chance that that is just a coincidence is less than 1 divided by all of the stars in the universe.

:nerd:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 01:08:50 PM »
Here is an artist's rendition of global warming. We'd better enact a trillion dollar carbon tax immediately. It might devastate the economy, but it's a small price to pay compared with what this thing will do.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 01:09:21 PM »
You should read that book I linked.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 01:15:52 PM »
Here is an artist's rendition of global warming. We'd better enact a trillion dollar carbon tax immediately. It might devastate the economy, but it's a small price to pay compared with what this thing will do.

A carbon tax creates a disincentive for a negative externality (pollution), which lowers CO2 levels, improves the environment, and lowers health care costs in the long run.  Replace the federal income tax with a carbon tax, and I think both sides would be happy. 

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 01:49:31 PM »
I'm not an alarmist by any means, but the Earth is indeed warming.  Climate change is a real thing.  14 of the last 15 years have been the hottest average global temperatures on record.  The chance that that is just a coincidence is less than 1 divided by all of the stars in the universe.

By "hottest on record" you mean in the last 150 or so years since we have had accurate thermometers in some parts of the world.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 02:08:42 PM »

You should probably be made aware that the graph starting this thread shows that your punitive carbon tax would have little to no affect on global temperatures.  I don't thinks it's even in dispute that a punitive carbon tax would have a devastating effect on the US economy.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 02:16:43 PM »

A carbon tax creates a disincentive for a negative externality (pollution), which lowers CO2 levels, improves the environment, and lowers health care costs in the long run.  Replace the federal income tax with a carbon tax, and I think both sides would be happy.

Oh, so now we're switching from climate change to simply improving air quality? Good thing this carbon tax will apply to China.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 02:36:39 PM »
I can't WAIT till we have orange air we can swim through like China can.

I am sure that does wonders for prolonging the human life span.
:dance:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 02:55:25 PM »
it seems to me that the whole "are we the ones doing it?" argument is semantics.  No?

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 03:01:32 PM »

Oh, so now we're switching from climate change to simply improving air quality? Good thing this carbon tax will apply to China.

You guys are all dumbasses, Global Dimming:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/earth/understanding-global-dimming.html

Like enormous clouds of volcanic ash, some forms of air pollution can significantly reduce the amount of sunlight reaching Earth's surface and lower temperatures. Climate researcher James Hansen estimates that "global dimming" is cooling our planet by more than a degree Celsius (1.8°F) and fears that as we curb these types of air pollution, global warming may escalate to a point of no return. Here, trace the historic events that lead to our understanding of global dimming.
:horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 03:16:19 PM »

WHAT IF THEY'RE ALL WRONG

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire