Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 429675 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #725 on: May 20, 2014, 11:38:33 AM »
Are we really comparing the assets of non-profits to companies like Exxon and Chevron and Koch?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 20, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »
Are we really comparing the assets of non-profits to companies like Exxon and Chevron and Koch?
and acting like their motivations are similar as well?

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 20, 2014, 11:55:43 AM »
Yes.  I am clearly demonstrating a sheeple mindset.

The Rockefeller Foundations (for example) funneling of monies to anti carbon energy development campaigns  is fact.  I don't even see where correlation/causation even comes into play unless you want to assert that to the entirety of the who is funding who debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a similar argument one could make,  using funding as an argument for why something happens, "Research that is against climate change is paid for by organizations which are in turn funded by large contributors of green house gasses.  Therefore, climate change is real." 

The Charles G. Koch Foundation gave climate skeptic Willie Soon two grants totaling $175,000 in 2005/6 and again in 2010. Soon has stated that he has "never been motivated by financial reward in any of my scientific research".[87] The foundation helped finance a 2007 analysis suggesting that climate change was not a threat to the survival of polar bears,[88] which was questioned by other researchers.[89] The foundation also funded a $150,000 study by UC Berkeley physicist Richard A. Muller who initially concluded that global warming data was flawed, but later reversed his views, supporting scientific consensus.[90][91]         

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_activities_of_the_Koch_brothers

My entire point is your logic is totally flawed.  Foundations funding research about climate change doesnt prove anything outside of, foundations fund research about  global warming.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

:confused:

Quote from: Wikipedia
The page "Political activities of George Soros" does not exist

You're terrible at this.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 20, 2014, 11:56:18 AM »

Big Green has attempted to paint this false picture that it's just a bunch of pine cone eaters in shacks going up against Big Bad Oil..

Also, really? When did this happen?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 20, 2014, 12:11:31 PM »
Do some actually believe that any corporation can pull from their coffers the type of money that the Federal Gov't can funnel to like thinking warmist scientists and do it year, after year, after year? 

Come on cRusty, Big Green has attempted to paint Big Oil and the Koch Brothers as a bottomless pit of funds to finance anti-warmist propaganda, while they, Big Green dig for some lint in their pockets.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 20, 2014, 12:32:14 PM »
Do some actually believe that any corporation can pull from their coffers the type of money that the Federal Gov't can funnel to like thinking warmist scientists and do it year, after year, after year? 

Come on cRusty, Big Green has attempted to paint Big Oil and the Koch Brothers as a bottomless pit of funds to finance anti-warmist propaganda, while they, Big Green dig for some lint in their pockets.

I was more confused by the pine come clutching reference.

Who on the "Big Green" side can match the net worth of the Koch's?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 20, 2014, 12:34:21 PM »

One side has scientists and money.

Another side has capitalists and money.

Are you arguing that both sides are equally committed to research and profit?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 20, 2014, 12:58:04 PM »

Goerge Soros, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Jeff Bezos, Larry Ellison, Larry Page?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 20, 2014, 01:02:15 PM »

a quick search tells me that the Koch brothers have a higher net worth than everyone you listed.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 20, 2014, 01:25:55 PM »

a quick search tells me that the Koch brothers have a higher net worth than everyone you listed.

2014 richest people in the world. Bill Gates and Buffett are like brothers, so we should add them together.

1. Bill Gates
Net Worth: $76 B
Source of wealth: Microsoft

2. Carlos Slim Helu & family
Net Worth: $72 B
Source of wealth: telecom

3. Amancio Ortega
Net Worth: $64 B
Source of wealth: retail

4. Warren Buffett
Net Worth: $58.2 B
Source of wealth: Berkshire Hathaway

5. Larry Ellison
Net Worth: $48 B
Source of wealth: Oracle

6. Charles Koch
Net Worth: $40 B
Source of wealth: diversified

6. David Koch
Net Worth: $40 B
Source of wealth: diversified

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: May 20, 2014, 01:26:41 PM »
lol

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 20, 2014, 01:29:52 PM »
$40 B each.  what losers.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 20, 2014, 02:28:43 PM »
This latest round from Dax and John is so illogical that it shouldn't even be addressed.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 20, 2014, 04:11:14 PM »
Just when I want to agree with one of their posts, I read the next paragraph and then I no longer want to agree.

Gonna win 'em all! (But maybe not now)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 20, 2014, 07:22:04 PM »
Really?  We're comparing net worth of (primarily) business people who's (by and large) assets are tied up in a dizzying array of investments, most of which are tied to the ongoing propagation of the various enterprises and the thousands of people (in most cases) that they employ.

Against the net worth of entities who's worth is tied to in most cases a solitary mission.

Fascinating.

Then, we'll toss in the U.S. Gov't, who in essence has a license to confiscate trillions of dollars from the tax payers (which include the business entities run by the people listed) and they pretty much dispense the largess as they see fit.  So far they've seen fit to dispense nearly $3 billion a year to entities who for the most part consist of warmest propagandist scientists who are known to tow the line in order to continue the flow of government research money (and quickly attempt to ostracize and silence scientists who don't tow the line). 

Again . . . fascinating.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 20, 2014, 07:41:40 PM »
Every ten pages or so I'm going to remind you all of the original point of this thread, a point yet to be refuted, that the AGW hypotheses - the models - drastically overstated warming. If the hypothesis is wrong, then the theory is wrong. That's the scientific method.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 20, 2014, 08:10:56 PM »
it was pretty hot today fellas  :Sweat:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 20, 2014, 08:17:15 PM »

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 20, 2014, 08:47:33 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 20, 2014, 08:51:40 PM »
Every ten pages or so I'm going to remind you all of the original point of this thread, a point yet to be refuted, that the AGW hypotheses - the models - drastically overstated warming. If the hypothesis is wrong, then the theory is wrong. That's the scientific method.

Well, no, the hypothesis can be wrong and still lead to a coincidentally accurate theory. Modus tollens or something.
:adios:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #746 on: May 20, 2014, 11:18:46 PM »
When arguing with leftists (dolts) you have to remember that they think the federal government is a purely altruistic institution, comprised of individuals without a modicum of self interest and self dealing. I know it's naive and foolish, but it's their sophomoric predisposition and it's unwavering.

Look here, you have a group of people arguing tooth and nail that the net worth of handful of people and corporations is some how in parity with the annual giving of the world's governments to agw research. This is a laughable statement that's beyond correction.  You would literally have to start by teaching basic accounting on a message board, which would be like teaching mandarin on a message board, only the person to be taught doesn't want to learn.

Further complicating the incomprehension of the leftist (dolt) is their misunderstanding of science and their complete lack of perspective and scale with respect to AGW, specifically the associated consequences of prematurely implementing the policies they want to curtail greenhouse gas emissions.  Let's assume AGW is proven one day, but its effects have been overstated by these provably unreliable models by a factor of 50, meaning the effect is essentially de minimus.

They'd nonetheless insist on the economically devastating policies they are proposing, because they are insane and this has nothing to do with science or preserving the earth. It's about power and control. The policies they desire further consolidate wealth within governments, and to the detriment of an ever expanding group of poor people and some rich people that decided to invest in oil instead of green energy.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 20, 2014, 11:27:32 PM »
wtf?  :lol:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 20, 2014, 11:40:50 PM »

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 20, 2014, 11:53:01 PM »